Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Couch to 5k.....come join me!!

Thanks mama! Yes, I was on a high for quite a while. I did wait until about 7:30 and the heat wasn't quite so bad. Just those darn gnats...I almost choked on one halfway through my run, lol! With all the heavy breathing I was doing, I'm surprised I didn't didn't inhale the the whole swarm, lol.

You are doing awesome Georgia!! So proud of you!!

I did 1hr of exercise on Wii fit at my mom's today. I am sore all over. I won't be able to walk in the morning. We just got a wii and I love it. I have got to get wii fit ASAP!!

Thanks girl! I know, I can't wait to get Wii Fit. DH and I did a little boxing tonight and it was quite a work out.

I noticed my legs are already sore from my jog today....I may not be able to walk tomorrow either. My upper outer thighs are what is the most sore.....I didn't even think about those muscles being used very much....

I check everyday online at best buy for a wii fit and pop into a few stores and check for one on a regular basis with no luck! We really want to get one too. I hope to have it by Christmas!

Does anyone take a day or two off working out during the week? I was thinking I should but I have too much guilt about it...plus I really WANT to play DDR today. Its my obsession (other thank LBT). I love that I am drenched in sweat when I am done (how weird is that?) because before ddr, no matter what exercise I did, no matter how out of breath I was, I would never REALLY sweat...and I am talking aerobic classes, rollerblading, step aerobics, biking...whatever! I read somewhere about how you need to sweat and once your body "teaches" itself to sweat you are release toxins..and then you begin to break into a sweat earlier in the workouts...its actually a GOOD thing. Now within 10 minutes of C25K I am sweating as well. OK enough with the sweat talk---am I grossing you out yet?

Ok Georgia - you are way tougher then me. If I hadn't given up running already because of the heat, a gnat down my throat would have put me over the edge! That is dedication.

So much talk about this wii fit.... maybe that should be my request for my birthday. My hubby would think I have lost my mind. I always gripe about him playing games. Isn't a wii a game system? lol

I did a 1 hour yoga class yesterday. I have never done yoga before and I am surprised... today I have some sore muscles. I couldn't do some of the stuff they were doing, like a headstand. I sat there giggling at the thought of myself trying to do it. Oh well, maybe someday.

Wii is a gaming system, and wii fit is a game you buy for it. The Wii is around $250.00 and the Wii fit is around $100.00. Wii fit is very hard to find right now. We just have Wii and it comes with Wii Sports. It is really fun as well, and quite a workout, but nothing like Wii fit. Man I am sore this morning. There is one part of Wii fit where you hula hoop. You don't really have a hula hoop, you just do the motion. My waist and hips are so sore from that. It seems to work different muscles. There is also step aerobics on it that is pretty fun. Anyway, I play Wii fit at my mom's. I hope to get it soon. The cool thing about Wii is that the games are active. With boxing you are actually boxing hoding the remote. with tennis you do the motions. It's really fun. k, can you tell I have a new addiction????

Wow, just finished day 3 of week 1. I am definitely on a high right now. I am amazed at how good today went. I really didn't even get that tired until the last 2 intervals. My breathing was so much better today. To think I could only last 12 minutes on Tuesday!

I think I am still going to repeat week one again though. I'd rather be safe than sorry. My biggest fear in this is that I will get overwhelmed and quit.....so, I am going to take it slow.

I'm still on a high! It feels great!!!

Way to go Georgia!!! This program seems to be working for all of us... building our strength and endourance as we go. Good plan to have the crackers ahead of time. So you're going to repeat week 1? Are you going on Monday or Tuesday?

If my run goes the same on Monday, then I think I'm going to give week 2 a try. If that turns out to be too much, then I'll go back to week 1. But I think I can do 90 seconds. I don't think I'll move beyond week 2 right away though.

BTW, I checked my sugar level again this morning, and once again it was in the normal zone!!! Yesterday it was just above normal (no run the day before), but this morning it was NORMAL (ran yesterday). I think it's helping me.

I did 1hr of exercise on Wii fit at my mom's today. I am sore all over. I won't be able to walk in the morning. We just got a wii and I love it. I have got to get wii fit ASAP!!

I keep hearing how much fun the Wii Fit is... when I get another job (and have some money coming in :thumbup:) I plan to get it.

Does anyone take a day or two off working out during the week? I was thinking I should but I have too much guilt about it...plus I really WANT to play DDR today. Its my obsession (other thank LBT).

Bonnie... I just really started to exercise, so I take lots of days off in between. But now that I've started this, and also seem to have lots of energy, I have been at least walking the dog and/or the kids on my days in between. This is not full fledged exercise, but it is movement!

BTW, what is 'DDR' ??

I did a 1 hour yoga class yesterday. I have never done yoga before and I am surprised... today I have some sore muscles. I couldn't do some of the stuff they were doing, like a headstand. I sat there giggling at the thought of myself trying to do it. Oh well, maybe someday.

Mama, yoga is such a great exercise... one I wish I could do. I have a friend that is a yogo master and she is in such great shape, and is so "centered" (I think that's what they call it, lol) I tried it a few times, but I have arthritis in my hands (the joint at the base of both thumbs), so any pressure on these joints is very painful... and go figure, almost all of the positions I tried put pressure on those joints. So no can do for me!

Keep up the great work everyone. Today, if it doesn't rain, we're going for a family walk.

Kathy~ Yes, I am going to repeat week one. I think I will probably start tomorrow, and do it 4 times next week, resting a day between each workout. Congrats on the sugar level! I too have had sooo much more energy. My DH probably thinks I'm nuts because I was soooo hyper after my jog yesterday, lol!

Well, I am pleased to say that I have lost weight this week! YAY!! I've been going back and forth from 246 to 249 for quite a while. When I started C25K I was 247, and this morning I was 244, so I am back at my ticker weight. I just can't describe how much better I feel. It's wonderful!

way to go Georgia!! I know you have been waiting a long time for this. I plan to see your ticker really start moving. It's definately your turn. I can't wait!!

Actually the C25k program builds up your knees slowly. that why its such a good program. YOu migh think you slowly getting yourself fit but you are building up the muscles around your knees and ankles slowly so you dont get injurys. Thats why the rest day is SOOO important. You have to rest. You going to be tempted to do no rest days sometimes but this is when you can hurt yourself. I would swim or weight lift on days off.

Thanks Whosya! A friend of mine started running about the same time I did, she is doing it on her own (no podrunner, no C25k), and she hurt her knee, she is probably 100 pounds lighter than me and 15 years younger, so I was a bit worried about my knees.

I will take the days off inbetween, even though it is hard to do, i WANT to run, I am enjoying the C25K sooo much!

Thanks again Whosya!:thumbup:

Well, I am pleased to say that I have lost weight this week! YAY!! I've been going back and forth from 246 to 249 for quite a while. When I started C25K I was 247, and this morning I was 244, so I am back at my ticker weight. I just can't describe how much better I feel. It's wonderful!

Way to go Georgia!!! That must feel great.

I know I struggled with the 244-240 range for about 4 months. Then it all of a sudden dropped down to 238. Then I lost my job 3 weeks ago and the stress of that closed up my lapband so nothing was going down easily. I went from 238 to 222 in 3 weeks. The stress changed to sadness, and now I can eat relatively normally, so I'm hoping the weight will stay off and running will help me lose more.

For some crazy unknown reason I decided to start Week 4 a day early. So, I finished week3 yesterday and started week 4 today. (I know Whoosya, I'm in big trouble). Let me say, it was hard. Just like every other week, when I finished I thought there is no way I can move to week 5 next week, but I am counting on feeling different and more confident by the end of this week. Las tweek the 3 minute interval was really hard. This week the 3 minute interval was not a problem, but the 5 minute one was a bugger.

I just love doing this. I am sooo excited as I look to being able to run a 5k at the end. I may just throw a party, complete with Rocky music.

Kathy

DDR = Dance Dance Revolution. Its a dance pad that you hook up to a gaming system (our is a wii) and it plays a bunch of dance songs and you dance to the beat (and arrows streaming across the screen). There are different levels but even beginner level is intense---atleast it was for me. It took me awhile to move up from beginner level. Its great with the wii because you hold the controllers in your hands and the sensors read your hand movements too...this is part of the dancing so you work out your arms as well. Its so much fun!!!

For some crazy unknown reason I decided to start Week 4 a day early. So, I finished week3 yesterday and started week 4 today. (I know Whoosya, I'm in big trouble). Let me say, it was hard. Just like every other week, when I finished I thought there is no way I can move to week 5 next week, but I am counting on feeling different and more confident by the end of this week. Las tweek the 3 minute interval was really hard. This week the 3 minute interval was not a problem, but the 5 minute one was a bugger.

I just love doing this. I am sooo excited as I look to being able to run a 5k at the end. I may just throw a party, complete with Rocky music.

YOU ARE AWESOME!!! I just hope I can get through week 3 without dying. Reading your posts give me encourgement to keep going!