Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Couch to 5k.....come join me!!

Lyn~ Glad your surgery went fine and you are home recovering. Take care and keep us posted.

Ang~ Good job!! I'm glad you posted. I am inspired by your progress. Keep up the good work.

Mcgreen~ You are cheering everyone on well. I really appreciate the positive comments.

Okay, so I did day 2 of week 1 today and I have to say it was a little easier than day 1. I was able to finish the entire jog today! YAY!!!! I downloaded the podrunner interval music today and it made it much easier. I used a stopwatch (and no music) Tuesday and found myself staring it the whole time.....

After about the 5th interval, I found myself having to talk myself through the rest of it. But that's okay because it worked!! When I felt like giving up, I would tell myself just keep going until I get to that tree or that speed bump. I feel such a feeling of accomplishment today!

Everyone is doing great! Keep up the good work!!

Congrats Georgia... you made it! I still feel really good, sort of warm and happy. I guess it's the runner's high, or just plain pride in myself for actually doing this!

Lyn, welcome to bandsters. The first few months are very weird. Its like relearning to eat. Take your time... this is a lifelong journey.

One year in, and I can honestly say I can't imagine life without my band. It has save my life on numerous occasions, so enjoy.

Welcome to all the new people. Thanks to those of you who started awhile back. Seeing you doing this ahead of us encourages me to move on.

Georgia, Your post motivated me so. I am sitting here in my pajamas. I had talked myself out of doing the run that I was supposed to do yesterday. What's up with that?? So Georgia, because of you I am getting up from the computer and going to put my running clothes on and get my butt on the treadmill. I got you into this. I certainly can't let you down!

Kathy, I am definately going to check out your website. I totally agree with what you are saying about having other interests.. we have date night one night a week and make sure that we take time for us. If I didn't I would get sooo overwhelmed. I'm sure I will post more on your site. Anyway, I'm glad you have joined us!!

Hi everyone. I saw the start of the thread 2 weeks ago, and I started the program last week. I got banded May 5th (cinco de Mayo) and I have lost 23 lbs. since then. This is my first "real" excercise since the surgery. I liked the way the program starts out, but for some reason I just felt like not walking as much and jogging more. I live in South Florida, and it's very hot and humid! I do jog outside. I like my park,(CB Smith for those who know where it is) and my community has a great trail/path. It's a mile from my front door to a street I jog up to. I start by doing some streching and power walking 1/4 of a mile then I jog, very "lightly". I have back issues, so I don't want to damage anything(more). I hope to continue, I've jogged everyday this week except today, even in the rain! ;) Yeah the first few days were painful and I felt like I was going to DIE, but I got over it. It still hurts to go up the stairs, but all is ok right now. Thanks for the inspiration!:)

Watchout~ Hi! It sounds like you are doing really well. I'm right there with ya, my legs are already feeling sore. I imagine I won't be able to walk tomorrow, lol. I'm so glad you are joining us. You are doing really well. Keep up the good work!

Renewed~ Girl, you could never let me down. You've been inspiring me for months. You are rockin' your weight loss and I'm proud of you. Kudos to you for getting up and putting on those running shoes. I know you'll feel really good afterwards. Keep on keepin' on!

OK, I finished it. It was hard, but not as bad as the last one. It makes a difference when you don't mistake the cooldown for a running segment. LOL

I think I am calling it a night!!

Georgia, we are both still on. LOL So much for calling it a night. this place is soo addictive. LOL

LOL. I stayed on for about 5 minutes after that post and went to bed. I must not have signed out, lol. I think C25K is making me tired enough to go to bed early for a change....

Hi Ang,

A fellow Canadian!!! Welcome.

Ok, morning after my first run... not too bad. I expected my knees to hurt, but they don't. :wub: My thighs do a bit.

One really big change... might not have anything to do with the run, but I did nothing else different yesterday, so I'm thinking it was the run... my blood sugar was the lowest it has been in 5 years!!!!

I'm a type 2 diabetic, and pre-banding I was on meds, then came off the meds and my typical morning sugar was about 7.2 - 7.5, which is technically a bit high, but not too concerning for me.

This morning it was 5.9... that's in the NORMAL zone!!!!

If that is because of the running... I'm not going to stop!

Oh yeah... us Canadian's have a different scale for blood sugar in case you're reading this and saying huh?

Normal is 3 to 6

High is 7+

low is under 3

WTG Kathy! That's wonderful about your blood sugar!

I expected to be extremely sore this morning too but so far so good. I am actually looking forward to running on Saturday. I think DH and I will play the Wii tonight for some exercise.

Thanks Georgia. Do you have Wii Fit? I've heard it's fun, but haven't bought it. Money's tight right now since I lost my job a few weeks ago. I like Wii Golf... I beat my DH everytime!!!

Last night I was playing with my profile and loaded some of my photos of before, during and current. I don't think I've created the folder correctly, so will still work on it, but it was fun looking at the progression.