Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Couch to 5k.....come join me!!

Hey everyone! Just checking in. Today was a no run day for me. I'm planning on heading to the YMCA first thing in the morning for week 4 day 2. I'm excited! After my workout I'm gonna go shopping cause none of my clothes even remotely fit me anymore and I look like a clown. Then I'm going to get my haircut! I have no idea what I'm gonna have done. Who's good at haircut suggestions? Oh wait... this is the couch to 5K thread. Ooops! hehehe

Good job keeping at it everyone! I'm so proud of all of us!

Guest Leslie2Lose

mama - sounds like you are going to have a great day! I'm queen of the haircuts. I started a thread just for my haircut - I chopped it off - about four inches - lol. Enjoy your day!!!!

I did Day 2 - Week 1 today. It was actually a bit easier today for me. I had my MP3 Player and I think that really helped me and the time. I missed J, my workout partner. I like to have someone to talk to too. I hope everyone is having a great week. I'm heading to bed - my body is demanding rest. night.

mamato3 - I know what you mean about clothes hanging off you. I guess I need a belt. I have been using a big safety pin for skirts when I go to church. I teach, so I do not plan to buy clothes until the week before school starts. I have been losing at a pretty good clip, so I do not want to buy anything until the last minute.

BTW - the hairstyle thing - I have a low stack with the front a little longer than the back. It is nice to get a new do and update the new you.

Ok, I did it!! today was the hardest one yet for me. Kathy, I don't like running at night either. By this time I am all out of mojo. I am especially exhausted today. Yesterday, we took our foster baby to Dallas to the doctor. Felt like we drove all day. Today my foster kids (all 3 of them) had visits with their parents. Another day of driving. i also had another appointment for the baby today. Anyway, I felt totally depleted before i started. I feel even more depleted now. Usually my run energizes me. So....God gives us an extra pound lost for days like today when we run anyway, right??? LOL Ok, that's all of my whining...

I have decided (I know I'm very stubborn) that I am not going to run everyday. I am going to run every other day and do at least 1hr on the Wii on the opposite day. This way I will be active everyday, but not deplete my energy. I really do feel like I am running on fumes. I need to slow down a bit so my body doesn't do it for me...I love this couch to 5k. I don't want to burn out!!

So Kathy, if I get a wild hair again that I am going to push myself to my limits and do anything as crazy as running everyday, you have my permission to quote this post and let me have it!! :thumbup:

Mamato, DH is really funny about hair. Long and straight. I have threatened to cut it. He won't tell me not to, but I just know how much he likes it. I'll leave it for him for now!

Ok I started a thread to see if anyone has haircut suggestions. Thanks for the idea Leslie! :thumbup:

My hubby must be one of the rare ones. He actually likes my hair shorter. Go figure.

Renewed - good job finishing your run even after a long day. You are always motivating me!

Renewed... way to go! We're both pooched, but we did it. And yes, I'll quote that post. I'm remembering the page number as I type... HAHAHA

Thanks everyone for the encouragement. I've now cooled down, and logged my food for the day. that's when I realized I had only eaten about 700 cals for the day, so no wonder it was a hard run. So I whipped up some hummus, which always hits the spot... full of Protein, fibre and good fats.

Ok, off to bed. Good luck with your run tomorrow Mama.

Yesterday was not a good day for me. We found a SNAKE in our house!!! Granted it was just an oak snake, but to me, a snake is a snake! I am soooooo paranoid that there are more I barely slept a wink last night. I begged DH to stay home today but he couldn't. Seeing that snake has given me the heebie jeebies.

But, I did run yesterday. I went ahead and moved on to week 2. All was going well until the last interval. I stepped on a good sized rock, twisted my ankle a little, and scraped up my hands and leg. I think my ankle is okay to keep running though. It is a little sore today, but not bad.

Anyway, I am hoping today is a much better day...

Guest Leslie2Lose

mamato3 - my DH almost killed me the first time I cut off my hair. It was right after my youngest daughter was born...It was mid back then. This time he really liked it. I asked him the difference. He said I had an ugly haircut before.

renewed - kuddos to you for your run. I know you had to have been tired. Also I admire you for taking in foster kids. I myself am an ex-foster kid. I was adopted at 6 months. Of course I don't remember my foster mother, but I admire her. She kept a picture album and diary for each child she kept - then forwarded them to the adopted parents. I still have mine. I'd love to find her someday, but I don't know where to start.

Sugarbean - Are you ready for school to start? Do your kids know you've dropped so much weight?

Where's Georgia?

Guest Leslie2Lose

Oh Georgia! :scared2::eek:

I would have completely freaked out!!! You posted about the same time as me...I guess I had you on my mind.

I hate snakes too. I saw a mouse one time at the beach house. I freaked. We went to a hotel - literally! I couldn't sleep thinking something was crawling on me. If I saw a snake - we'd have to move! How'd it get in?

How's your ankle today? It sounds like you had a horrible day.

I hope today is a better day for you...Lots of HUGS!!! :thumbup:

Edited by Leslie2Lose
mouse/snake

Oh Georgia! :scared2::eek::unsure:

I would have completely freaked out!!! You posted about the same time as me...I guess I had you on my mind.

I hate snakes too.:lol: I saw a mouse one time at the beach house. I freaked. We went to a hotel - literally! I couldn't sleep thinking something was crawling on me. If I saw a snake - we'd have to move! How'd it get in?

How's your ankle today? It sounds like you had a horrible day.

I hope today is a better day for you...Lots of HUGS!!! :thumbup:

The funny thing is, I've always said I wasn't that scared of snakes. To my knoweldge, rats were my biggest fear. Well.....not anymore! Seeing them outside hasn't bothered me all that much. I guess it's different when it's in your house.

We rent our house, so we called our landlord yesterday and he said he was sending someone over today to look for possible entries. It's a pretty old house, and as we looked around there are several places it could have come in. We have never had any problems with mice or anything else, ever, so I dunno where it came in but I am totally freaked. I'm looking around as I am typing....no joke!

My ankle is a little sore, but not too bad. It's not swollen so I think it's fine. I still plan on doing day 2 of week 2 tomorrow.

Georgia - rest that ankle.

Leslie - I had my surgery 3/24/08 so some of the kids noticed that I had lost weight by end of the year, most of the kids are oblivious to that kind of stuff. We will see when the school year starts. And, NO, I am not ready for school to start. Teachers start at the end of August and the kids come back the day after Labor Day.

Leslie- My son is also adopted. We brought him home at 6 1/2 months. My cousin was the foster parent in another state. We have pictures of his first few months too.

We have 3 foster kids. They are 9 months, 2 and 4. We also adopted a little boy who is now 19 months old. His name is Dylan. He came to live with us when he was 2 months old. I can't imagine life without him. Our 9 month old (We are changing his name to Drew) is prescious as well. We have started the process to adopt him. We have mediation on Aug 1st and then the termination hearing on Sep 11. His situation is very sad. His parents are mentally retarded and would love to have him, but just lack the ability to care for him. It is very, very sad. He has developmental delays as well. He gets all kinds of therapies. I have never seen a happier more laid back baby. His smile lights up the room. We never planned to foster/adopt special needs children, but he grabbed our hearts, and we love him VERY much!!

We also have a 9 year old son biologically. He loves our new kiddos.. We don't know what will happen to our 2 and 4 year olds, but hope they will stay too.

That's my sappy family story. I could brag about my kids all day!!