Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Couch to 5k.....come join me!!

GOOD LUCK LYN..i look forward to be able to start running. went with my trainer and he said after christmas. so in the mean time i'm walking 6 miles every other day and straight training on off days. You all make me want to get out there and "move it".. everyone have a great week-end

So good to see everyone posting. I am still wondering where Bonnie ran off to. I pm'd her but never heard back. Hopefully we will here from her soon.

Lyn, I would definately go and BEG!! Even if it isn't official, RUN!!! You will be so glad you did. DOn't let this stop you. You have worked so hard!!

i have eaten crap for 3 days. I haven't run in over a week. I know I am having surgery on Friday and decided to take a break, but my goodness!! I just feel bloated and aweful..I have to lose this mentality. I am taking a break from what??? From this new lifestyle that gives me energy and self confidence. Why do I still think I should "reward" myself with a trip back to my old eating habits that lead to death, not life. Oh Amy..... Ok, there. I just kicked myself in the butt. This old life I crave is so numbing and blah!! Enough of that. I am going to have 4 healthy, full of life days to prepare for this surgery. No, I am not going to low carb or run 5 miles each day. I am going to eat healthy, drink my Water, and run for the enjoyment of it. I have learned to love running, so I am going to love doing it the next 4 days because it will be awhile before I can again!!

So we're heading to a pumpkin patch that has a corn maze, wagon rides, camp fires and lots of activities. Should be lots of fun!

We went to a pumpkin patch today too! I got a few pictures of my son in all the pumpkins, but he wasn't very cooperative during pictures, lol. It was too cool for us to go on the wagon ride. Today was the first day of cool weather here and we weren't very prepared. Since my son just got over the croup and bronchitis, I didn't want to risk him getting too cold. DS got to jump in the big pumpkin jump-o-line. All in all, we had good time.

Oh, and ya'll aren't alone. I totally blew it with the food today and didn't exercise either. I will probably run tomorrow, so hopefully I can manage to stay on track and burn those extra calories I had today.

pumpkin farms are so fun. We took our youth group to a local pumpkin farm owned by one of our church families two weeks ago. We had a blast. We cooked hotdogs over the bonfire, hayride, corn maize, we played a few games too. The weather was just right.

Speaking of youth, my DS has a stomach ache this morning. I hope it is not the stomach flu. I think we will have to miss church this morning. DH will go by himself. DH misses alot of Wednesday night church because of work.

Have a wonderful day.

we are home from church today too. dylan is doing MUCH better, but still has the wound on his botom. I don't want to put him in the nursery and he is too active to take in the service.

Hey guys! I stayed home from church today too. I sent my family. I didn't sleep well at all last night. I was up from 1:30 until about 5:30 this morning! It seemed the whole world was against me getting any sleep! :w00t: Okay, just my animals, my DD, and evidently the neighbors down the road.

Oh well, I have a ton of homework to do today. I'm hoping to get it all done while my family is at church so I can spend the rest of the day with them. I plan on getting a run in today. I think I will feel better if I do. I love running too and I look forward to it. I feel such a sense of accomplishment and I feel so great afterward.

Lyn - So sorry to hear about your race troubles. I hope you are there right now running. Let us know!!

Hope you all have a great Sunday and start of the new week!!

OK, here is the official report from my first 1/2 maraTHON.

i DRANK ABOUT A GALLON OF Water Saturday with good dietary intake (depsite the fact that we had a Football party at my house and I made homemade bread- chili- punkin pie ect) No, I didn t eat any of it _ did just what I was told. I went to bed early then woke up every hour to pee. I was so excited you would have thought it was Christmas Eve. Anyway, I got up at 4:30, jumped into my predetermined clothing. Ate Cherreios and bannana and had a Protein Drink. It was 32 degrees! I drove the 45 miles and parked my car. At 6:30 I approached several official and explained that I am suppose to be number 5970 for the 1/2 marathon, but I don't have my bib number. They all informed me that without my bib number _ I would not be allow on the course - no matter what. So back in the car I went and drove home.

I am disappointed but not defeated. I plan to run my own 1/2 marathon on my own today.

My granddaughter Skyler age 9 spent the night with me last night. She has been a competitive swimmer since she was 3. When I got home and crawled back in bed, she said " Nan, you are home too early" I told her I got "DQ'ed", she snuggled up to me and said, no big deal Nan - I have gotten DQ before; it happens. There is always another event"

Now, how could I be sad after that!!

Every one spend some special time for yourself today. - I have a date with a treadmill.:biggrin:

Lyn - I am sorry it did not work out today, but I am glad you are not defeated. Your granddaughter is right, there will be other events and you will not get DQ'd.

Lyn... out of the mouth of babes! "there will always be another..." That works for so many things!

Well, I guess church wasn't in the books for many of us today :biggrin:. We planned to go to the evening "Life Teen" mass today so that we could go to the pumpkin patch. So we went and had a great time finding pumpkins and wandering through the corn maze... great day. Then we came home and just as we got there my DH got called for more overtime (3-11). I would have gone to church, but my 2 kids are too much to handle by myself in church. I know that sounds really bad, but its true... it takes both DH and I to manage them in a quiet environment. I didn't get a run either! But we did do a 3km walk through the corn maze and ran around for 3h outside!

Tomorrow I plan to have a nice long run in the park with the dog.

I did go to church today, but I didn't run, lol. I planned on it but the day was just too busy. I am going to the Y in the morning and I am going to try to do 30 minutes again (or more if I can).

I think I am going to start going to a Pilates class on Tuesdays and Thursdays every week. My sister in law teaches them at the Y and she's been wanting me to come. She showed me a few of the ab exercises the other day and me stomach is still sore! Although I love running, I really need to do some other stuff too on my off running days. She's trying to talk me into Zumba too, but I'm not sure about that one!!

Lyn~ sorry the 1/2 marathon didn't work out. I'm sure you will find another to do soon.

Lyn - so sorry about your race. Your grandaughter's comment has me on the verge of tears. How sweet!

I recently got a skinny butt comment too and looked around like "Who you talking to". Funny.

SO, I ran my first 5k on Saturday. I was so nervous. I ran the whole thing and did it in 40:30. I was pretty proud since my goal was 45:00 or less. I cried so hard after I crossed the finish line - have had a lot of stress lately. I was also bummed that no one was there to see me cross. My family is unreliable and with the divorce . . .

But anyway, I did it. I trained, I ran, I beat my goal. My next goal is to add some vertical to the run and get my time closer to 30 minutes by Thanksgiving so I can run the Turkey Trot here in Dallas. Woo hoo!

Thanks to everyone for your encouragement and answering all my "beginner" questions!

Way to go Lynn AND Aclubb, you are the best.I did my 2 mile walk today, strength trainning in today.Iwish everyone the best this week.Let's all get out there and move it this week.

Aclubb... :biggrin::tt2::wub::lol::mellow::lol::cool2: Congrats! That's an excellent time and way under your target! I felt the same way at the finish line... so happy and stunned that I did it! You're a RUNNER now... no longer a beginner!

Ok... drum roll please... I GOT THE JOB!!!!!!!! They called this morning to offer it to me and want me to start on Monday! I'm still negotiating the starting salary, but am so excited!!!! Times will still be tough, as the offer is much lower than what I made before, but it is a great job for a great company with a huge future, and its here in London, which means I won't uproot my family! Yeah!!!!

Lyn... I hope this means good news for you too!

Thanks everyone for your prayers and well wishes! It definately helped.