Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March Bandsters: MASTER THREAD

yep i made it past the front door but i had everyone i could think of pray for me. and i took a bible verse in with me to the operation room they taped it inside my hand. I actually did better than i expected. but as i was getting the iv hooked up outside of the o.r. i asked them how many people get u and leave that that point. they told me 1 or 2 have. I kept telling my hubby to just take me home, but he wouldnt do it.

if i could just get rid of this gas pains in my upper chest and shoulder id feel so much better.

try the heating pad and warm some of your drinks.< /p>

yep i made it past the front door but i had everyone i could think of pray for me. and i took a bible verse in with me to the operation room they taped it inside my hand. I actually did better than i expected. but as i was getting the iv hooked up outside of the o.r. i asked them how many people get u and leave that that point. they told me 1 or 2 have. I kept telling my hubby to just take me home, but he wouldnt do it.

if i could just get rid of this gas pains in my upper chest and shoulder id feel so much better.

Sounds like he wants you around for awhile!

Rhonda...one of my favorite quotes (although not biblical) is

"Leap and the net will appear"........

You were so very brave today, we're all proud of you.....and sounds like your husband had the net ready for you!

I was banded on Monday also, and today started with the gas pain in the left shoulder. SO uncomfortable, and haven't found any relief yet. I'm right there with you...

3/19, finally here. report to the hospital at 10am, no quite sure what time surgery is, but thinking around noontime. anxious, excited and a little bit nervous, but ready to go. Spending overnight at the hospital too.

Got my supply of Protein Powder, sf Jello and popsicles. finished up my 2 days of clear liquid and lost another 4 pounds..

So looking forward to a few days of Clear Liquids after surgery too.. :lol:

3/19, finally here. report to the hospital at 10am, no quite sure what time surgery is, but thinking around noontime. anxious, excited and a little bit nervous, but ready to go. Spending overnight at the hospital too.

Got my supply of Protein powder, sf Jello and popsicles. finished up my 2 days of clear liquid and lost another 4 pounds..

So looking forward to a few days of clear liquids after surgery too.. :lol:

You know, I haven't felt like having ANYTHING today....I've forced one Protein Drink down, but it's taken me all day to do it. They only thing I've wanted is Water, just plain water.......so you may find the post op clears easier than the pre op!

Here I goooo.... I'm off to be a bandster! Thank God it's finally here:) Bring on the nerves! lol Best wishes to everyone today!!

Good luck to all the people getting banded today.

Welcome back to all the newly banded sounds like everyone is doing pretty well.

I am really struggling with this pre-op diet, and yesterday had a bit of a binge, but it's over and I've asked my DH to please help me instead of bringing home all these really tempting foods. This diet was so much easier while he was away.

The strange thing is, I know it really does work. I measured my liver before I started the liquids and again on Mon (a benefit of being an ultrasound tech)and was amazed at how much smaller it is and less fatty. I really was shocked. That was only after a week! So I have 4 more dedicated days of liquids and then surgery on Monday.

Pre-surgical testing is tomorrow...do we need to fast for that can't remember.

Christine

Heading out in just a bit. report at 10am. sooooooooo excited. I'll be in the hospital overnight. let you know how i did when i get back home

thanks to all for their support and info on preop and post op...

:tt2::biggrin2::tt2::thumbup::thumbup: can i be anymore excited:rolleyes2::biggrin:

Hi March 2008 Bandsters!

I was banded a year ago and wanted to shout out "HI" to you all. Sometimes a few of you drop into our forum to get a glimps of what life will be like a year from now. It gave me the idea to come here and share. Hope you don't mind.

For the most part it is fantastic! I'm not going to sugar coat everything and say it's always easy because there are times when it certainly is far from easy. But never have I've lost weight like this and I know deep in my heart I'm going to see my goal weight.

Some of the hardest times are shortly after surgery, when you don't have restriction or when your body hurts from being cut and poke around in. But it gets better. You'll be surprised at the changes and more importantly how the changes continue. Just yesterday I got up on chair to change a light bulb, I felt confident and balanced and it was easy! An odd NSV, but one none the less. They keep happening, those NSVs.

I'm so excited for you all and your new journey! It is thrilling! Congratulations!

Hi, Everyone. I got my band 3/11, I'm doing okay other than problems with my Protein shakes. Doc thinks I might be somewhat lactose intolerant (so much bloating! :tt2:), so I'm trying to find good options that are not milk-based. Six more days before I get to move to mushies. But enough about me.

I've been lurking on this thread from its first day or so, and I must tell you how much I've enjoyed reading about all of your experiences. (Fenton, you in particular amuse me most with your honesty and humor!) I'm getting hungry (okay, and jealous) thinking about what those of you who have moved to the next stage are having. :biggrin: Can't wait to go one of my favorite restaurants to ask them to blend me an order of lobster bisque next week! :thumbup:

Main reason for finally posting here... so I can keep track of where I left off reading! This is a prolific bunch!

I got my band exactly one week ago today. The steristrips have come off all but my port incision, that one I'm afraid to take off for some reason so I just keep trying to stick it back on! I don't think my guts are gonna fall out or anything but I'm not taking any chances.:biggrin:

Still can't do any Protein. Yuk... But am to the point where I'm getting actual hunger. Last nite I had thinned cream of mushroom Soup and felt like I'd died and gone to heaven. All morning this morning I've been hungry. Only have a small thing of SF Jello so I guess that's all I'll be having today at work. I am so desperate to start the mushies, but the post about ripping the stiches where the band is stitched to my stomach justs makes me not...... (I'm pretty sure mine is stitched in because Dr. mentioned making "little belt loops" around the band to hold it in place)

Anyhoo, my 2 week post-op appointment is next Wednesday so just one more week then hopefully I can have "real food".

Good Luck to all those banded this week so far and still to come!