Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March Bandsters: MASTER THREAD

For those already losing weight...you guys are doing so well with your weight loss. Do you feel any different? Increased energy? Clothes less tight? Feet and legs less painful?

I've lost 14 and really have not noticed much difference.

I am so excited for you guys. It seems you've done so well already...and Rhonda, you are not even banded yet!

Congrats and keep up the fabulous work!

Christine

All I am taking is some ID, and myself, slippers, and some lose fitting clothes to wear home. nothing tight on my belly, and NO bra!!!

gonna take some of those listerine melt strips fro my throat and my mouth, hate having a nasty taste in my mouth,

I have orderd several items on line and they should be here before Wednesday or when I get home, so am set for Protein Powder.

Don;t forget to look at Walmart. they have a whey Protein powder in chocolate and vanilla, 26gms of protein for an 8 oz glass or 52 gms if 16 oz.

Much better mixed in skim milk than in Water.< /span>

Good luck to all this week

:rolleyes:

Have we had any word from NadiaN? I hope she's doing better.

Christine: I'm sure the cardio people will polish you up pronto. It sounds like you needed to have a serious talk with the cardiologist to get a clear sense of what's going on, although he or she may need to do a couple more tests to give you clearer answers. No matter what the diagnosis, weight loss is sure to help.

I've never tried unjury - what's the big deal about it. I get my main Protein Drink fixes - Isopure and the ProSlam concentrated Protein shots - from GNC. I like the iSopure - it doesn't taste too protein-y. The ProSlams are so concentrated that they can be a bit hard to get down. Also, about 15 minutes after I pound down a ProSlam, I get a weird prickly feeling in my face.

And how great that tomorrow we'll have two new bandsters!

I did lose 55 pounds since i started all this. I lost the first 8 pounds because i had high blood pressure for the first time and he gave me a high blood pressure pill and it had a Water pill in it. Then when i went back in a month to get that checked i asked about the lap band. This is the first real diet i ever did and i was worried they wouldnt approve my band if i didnt apply myself. so i gave it my best shot and i lost. i lost 12 of the pounds in the past 10 days from the pre op diet.

so now to answer your question i am now able to walk a mile and not feel like im gonna die. I do think i have some more energy than i did but still have to push myself to do things. and its easier to do things like clean my small bathroom i fit better when im on my knees scrubbing the floor. and im not exhausted when im done. but i am still 260 so im now where a lot of u have started. my highest was 315. I am only 5'2" tall

my goals are

to be 200 by my birthday in sept.

to be able to do more and not feel like im gonna die

would like to do more with my 9 year old daughter

i would like my boobs to be bigger than my belly

i want to go to a normal store and buy clothes

I dont want to be embarrassed to go places

i want to quit worring if my kids are embarrassed to be seen with me'

i do not want to die of a heart attack

What are your goals?

For those already losing weight...you guys are doing so well with your weight loss. Do you feel any different? Increased energy? Clothes less tight? Feet and legs less painful?

I've lost 14 and really have not noticed much difference.

I am so excited for you guys. It seems you've done so well already...and Rhonda, you are not even banded yet!

Congrats and keep up the fabulous work!

Christine

Christine,

14 lbs is great. I haven't noticed a drastic difference in energy. but I started walking two days ago and I will begin slowly working my way up to a mile and then further. The walking definately gets my energy up. Then again my monthly visitor is visiting (sorry guys) and may be the culprit with bloating and lack of energy. :cool:

Keep up the good work! :mad2:

Jenna

Rhonda and Special K - we'll seen you soon, when you're well and truly bandsters! I hope your ride is nice and smooth.

Good thoughts for the Monday Shamrocks.....certainly an especially lucky day for SK and Rhonda!

*Gentle* hugs coming your way!

Looking forward to hearing about the successful surgeries!

Good Luck to for the Surgeries today (and cardio check)!

I am once again back at work and feeling a lot better than I did on Friday! Trying to come in then was a big mistake! I ended up making it until 2:30 but that was after a 1/2 hour nap at my desk while everyone else was out of the office! shh..... don't tell my boss! LOL

Right now the only things I have going is the tightness in my chest when I try to breathe and the immensely painful tiny burps that come up about every 2-3 minutes. I've been using the Gas-x strips for that and it helps for all of about 5 maybe 10 minutes.

Also my port incision is still tender. I got kinda worried about it on Saturday because it was really tender and hot to the touch which the mom in me said "infection" and with the steristrips still on there, I couldn't even get a good look at it. But it's better now, maybe I was just overreacting.

Anyhoo.......

Again, Good Luck to all those Marchers still to be banded. In the end it is SO worth it!

Hope everything is going well for the Monday bandsters,,,I cannot believe I am only one day away from surgery . I feel like I have been waiting years for this to come. Hope everything goes smoothly for you Harley girl, My operation time is set for 9am and I will be sent home in the afternoon,Is it the same for you.

Anyway I hope it's a smooth ride for all bansters this week . Post-op is just a day away,It's exciting and nerve racking with abit of anxiety all in one, Think this is the best 16K I have ever spent,,i guess we'll see .

I'm 12 days post-op I haven't gone back to work yet. The Dr. asked how much time I wanted off 2,3 or 4 weeks I said 4 because I wasn't sure how I was going to feel . To tell you the truth I feel realy good . Better than I have in years . I start on mushie foods next Monday . I can't wait .

I have 4 small incisions and one larger one where the port went in. I too was in alot of pain. I had read and researched how ppl bounced back fast and how there wasnt much pain so I was surprised to see my recovery taking me longer. Try not too worry too much or get discouraged. It does get better and you will be glad you did it. I am now 2 1/2/ post op with a little tenderness and pain but def. getting better everyday. Good luck.

POD 11

Well, I'm back from my check-up - everything's fine. I lost 11 lbs in the last week, a little to my surprise, much to my satisfaction.

We talked about foods, and the doc suggested I try starting pureed foods. On the one hand, Oh yeah!!!! On the other: I've done so well on liquids that I'm a bit worried about going back to, y'know, *food*. I think I'm going to slowly transition - I've already been having yogurt, so I guess I'm already transitioning.

In the next week I'm going to enjoy two dishes I've been almost DREAMING about recently:

1. A raviolo with butternut squash and apple, with brown butter

2. Creamy polenta with poached eggs and mushrooms

They're appetizers at two restaurants I like; I probably won't eat them all, but I'm so happy that I actually CAN have them.

Even as I transition, I thnk I'm going to drink at least one Isopure a day.

I think I do have some restriction due to the swelling and healing, but that's easing - and I kind of don't want it to! I want to try and ride this as long as I can without restriction, and build up restriction as I start to have problems with hunger.

Anyway, my tom yam goong awaits.

Which reminds me... Whimsy? Where did you go?

Anyway, my tom yam goong awaits.

Which reminds me... Whimsy? Where did you go?

Good luck and speedy recovery for everyone getting banded this week! My thoughts and good juju are with you all!

I'm here! I've been reading diligently but I just haven't had much to say. I end up purging most of my lapband thoughts on my myspace blog as it is. :(

I go for my two week post-op tomorrow and I'm hoping he'll let me start "mushies" early although I somehow doubt it. :biggrin:

For the most part, I don't have much of an appetite but there are moments when I want to eat my furniture. My mind is always racing to think about what my first "real" foods will be. My bariatric nurse advised me to start with soft texture foods and slowly phase in other foods. So far, I've come up with baked Beans, black-eyed peas, green Beans (see the theme here?)...chinese BBQ pork, chicken from the neighborhood hibachi restaurant...*homer simpson drool session*

My husband took two weeks of vacation to help me with recovery, so today is his first day back and I miss him terribly. Other than that, I'm good. Just a bit more quiet as the hunger sloooowly starts to creep in. I have 3 more weeks of full liquids to go and I am so ready for it to be over!

YIKES, I just found out a little over an hour ago that my surgery date has been moved up to this Wednesday instead of Friday. Talk about nervous, this means that I had to immediately start my pre-op liquid diet today. Good thing, all I had eaten today was a cup of hot tea and a container of non-fat yogurt, guess it's Clear Liquids now til Wednesday. I planned on going out for my "last meal" tomorrow night, guess that's out now, but that's ok, now I have less time to stress out over things. I'm ready, let's do this!! Wish me luck everyone!