Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March Bandsters: MASTER THREAD

Just got the call from the hospital....I have to be there at 6am....:biggrin::ohmy:

It's about a 45 minute drive, so that's going to make for an early morning....but I'll be glad to get in and just get going!

Yes, it's an early in and go home the same day for me! Hubby and daughter are going with me....can't wait to see the look on my teenager's face when I tell her the time.......

Getting excited!

How exciting. That is cool you get to come home the same day. I don't know if I can do that. I guess it depends on the patient where I am going and on how early you have your surgery. Good luck to you. I'll be thinking about you and I'll say a prayer that all goes well.

Kathy

I love having a group that is going through what I am.....Misery loves company!:biggrin: I got banded on March 14th and have lost a total of 9 pounds since. My tummy is so puffy that it would appear that I'm "with child." I'm not very familiiar with using this site as I just started today. I had a bit of time because I wasn't quite ready to return to work. If you have some tips that you find handy on the site - I would love to hear them!

My BMI is 32

Starting weight: 180- I'm only 5'3!

Currently at 171

I look forward to hearing from all of you!

S

Well, I am here. I traveled to El Paso, about 9 hrs away from home to have surgery and went to pre op today. Surgery time is set for about 7:30 am tomorrow so I have to be at hospital at 5:30 am. It seems a little surreal. March 18. My day to be banded. Came quicker than I expected but I am not complaining. Wish me luck and Godspeed. :biggrin:

I'm so happy for everyone!!! Goodluck and well wishes to those who had your surgery yesterday, today, and tomorrow. I'm two days away and am getting a little nervous. I think it's because I havent bought anything for post op. I'm broke so that's the reason for that.

I am getting my band on Wednesday. I am so nervous and excited about it. I thought the day would never come and now it is almost here. I haven't gone shopping yet. I guess I should do that tonight. Today I am on a cleaning binge.

hi everyone, I cannot believe that I have 10 more days to go until my surgery. I am excited I went out today and bought chicken broth, jello,f popsicles,and drinks, still need to get Protein, and stuff for after surgery. oh and the most important meds, liquid tylenol,etc. I am so glad that everyone is doing well.

I got the all clear from the cardiologist! Yay for me!! I had a nuclear stress test and after that he said I could go ahead. I meet with him on April 3 to go over these tests, but he sees no reason to not go ahead with the surgery which will ultimately help my heart!

Thanks for all the positive thoughts!

Christine

Here's a prayer that the Monday banders have had an easy day. Good wishes and special thought for Tuesday Banders. I did my pre-op today which consisted of 2 1/2 hours for 3 test sessions. 1st session was "learning how to breath for after surgery" with the resp. ther. 2nd session was blood work, 9 vials, thank the Lord they did not have to fill the vials. 3rd session was a chest and side x-rays. They did not have me do the barrium stuff (no, I'm not upset!) I am on a clear liquid diet on Wed., nothing after midnight, and have to be @ hospital by 6:00 a.m. although they still could not tell me what time surgery was. I have lost 16 lbs since December. Folks, I'm getting nervous!! But happy!!

Christine, I am happy for you and I'm glad it's going to turn out for you!

I made it, and I'm back! For all of you waiting for your day, it's really not so bad!

Sorry I havent gotten back on since surgery, but truth is I havent felt like it! I'm doing great, but I have had severe shoulder and neck pain that has just eased up today. I have walked, took gas-x and tried everything imaginable to get rid of the gas, but it has lingered on. The small amount of soreness is a breeze for me, but this gas pain, I cant handle! I went back to work today and did great. Then I came home and cooked a huge supper for my family. So now Im pretty worn out!

I too am having a really hard time with the Protein. I was doing the unjury chocolate and strawberry and both made me very nausous, so Im struggling! Im probable getting at least 20-40 g in a day, but Im still shooting for 60. The bloating and fullness has been so bad, I feel like I just cant take it another sip. But, as I said, I can tell its a little better today.

Im glad for those of you who were sent home with pain meds. My dr. told me to take childrens liquid tylenol, which is hard to stomach the amount needed to knock out the pain, so I've done without!

I did sort of throw up after a Protein shake. Nothing actually came up but I heaved and air just gushed out. I hope it didnt do any damage. Has this happened to anyone else. I mean it felt just like I would vomit, but only air came out. Now I'm worried.

Anyway, other than all the previous complaints, Im doing well. I hope all of you are well too!!!

Tamra

Yay Christine! Glad to hear that you got the thumbs up. I figured that since weight loss would be so good for whatever other health issues an overweight person faces, they'd be keen for you to go ahead with it - I think I told you that the cardiologist at NYU congratulated me on the decision to get banded.

Tamra! Welcome back! The gas pain gets easier - it's pretty much nonexistent for me, except after eating, and that's only occasional. It responds pretty well to moving around and burping - sometimes changing position helps you get the gas better lined up or something so you can more easily expel it.

As far as vomiting goes, obviously it's not something you WANT to be doing, but I doubt your episode did any harm. Besides, it resulted in a rush of gas out, which is always a good thing.

If you're getting those pains, and the retching feeling, perhaps you could try eating a little more slowly? That might help. Plus it's good practice for What Lies Ahead...