Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March Bandsters: MASTER THREAD

I've ALWAYS had a harem! That's how I roll!

Although it would be nice to have another guy in here. Y'know, someone who I can talk about, like, guy things with... guy things... like how great it is to have one's belly hair grow back...

NOTE: If any of you ladies feel the urge to talk about how great it is to have one's belly hair grow back, STIFLE THAT URGE!!!

Edited by Fenton

As you've learned by now, Texas, this thing is, if not a piece of cake, a piece of meatloaf. I hope you'll be back and posting once you're on the other side!

Best of luck to you tomorrow, Texas T!! And congrats on becoming a badster! I had my surgery this morning and am doing fairly well. I am so happy to have it behind me. This is the finish line.. As well as a starting line to a great new life:) Good luck to you, and be sure to update us!

:thumbup: Kerri

Kerri Marie - I'm so impressed by your abundant signature flair!!! Two tickers, a custom Shrinking Shamrocks design PLUS a MySpace link? You rock HARD!!!

Here's the URL for the I CAN MAKE YOU THIN show:

I Can Make You Thin : TLC

I really do think this show has something to offer us bandsters; the band is not the answer to our problems, it's the stepladder to help us reach that answer ourselves. And part of that answer is relearning how to eat.

Fenton- thanks a bunch for your words of wisdom! It def put my worries at bay.. for now:) Unfortunately I was told nothing about deep breathing, nor a spirometer.. EEK! I have been taking in deep breaths as it seems to move the gas a bit, as well as the walking. I walked around my house for 20 minutes or so earlier, and felt some minor relief. I will be sure to keep up with it though! Thanks again, your words are a huge help!

:)Kerri

I do admit that the spirometer is a bit of overkill, but it might be an extra help in persuading the reluctant to keep breathing.

Breathing is so much easier when you're standing up. Just square your shoulders, breath in slowly for a count of five, really letting the air fill up your lungs so you feel it all the way down your sides, hold it for a count, then exhale for a count of six. Et voila, a perfect deep breath!

But if you're walking and breathing, that'll really keep your lungs clean and aerated.

Along with the deep breathing, I've found that holding a pillow on my tummy and making myself cough helps the lungs, too.....I was surprised at how much gunk I moved when coughing.....

I was pretty phlegmy at first, too. I think much of that was coming from my throat, though, and not my lungs.

Hi fellow Harem members, I have found out that I will be joining the land of the band around 11:30 tomorrow. I'm anxious, nervous and excited all at the same time.

I do so appreciate those that have gone before sharing and being so positive.

T

Hi Texas, I was banded on Monday and it was a lot smoother then I thought it would be. You will do just fine. The waiting was the worst part for me, but I am feeling fine. Good luck!! :thumbup:

Well, shrinking shamrocks, it is done. I am officially one of you. I was banded 3/18 and got out of the hospital today. Doing well, a little sore but on my way.

I measured my waist about 2 days before surgery cuz i wanted to keep track of how many inches i lose, well i know im bloated from all the gas so thought id measure it today i gained a inch around my belly. looking forward to it to start to shrink again. I lost 5 inches off my belly during the 6 month waiting period. i only have like 20 more inches to lose.

I had my band put in yesterday morning (3/19), now I am having trouble urinating. I have to go every 30 minutes but only urinating about 2 tablespoons (estimate of course). Also when I fall asleep I have been constantly waking up biting my tonguefrown.gif. Have any of you had these problems post surgery?

Hi Christine:

I just completed my pre-op testing yesterday and I was told no eating after midnight. (My tests started at 8:45 a.m.) They did tell me that I could drink Water, but nothing else to drink. I hope that helps!

Otherwise, I just LOVE how active these threads are! It is always a treat to come to the board and realize I have several pages of stuff to read!

Thanks! I've had nothing since midnight. My pre-op testing is not until 3 PM, but i will survive! Thanks for your post!

Christine

i did call the dr today they said to try to stick to 10 oz or less for a meal and told me i drank it way to fast. well it goes down easy so i figured 20 oz in 30 mins should be good. I think in need an isulated cup to keep my food hot. I really hate cold food and if it takes me an hour to eat 10 oz everything will be cold.

Rhonda, I'm glad you called. It's going to take time to get used to the band. Try to take it slow. It will all be worth it.

It's amazing how different everyone is. Seems some are not hungry for about 2 weeks, others it hits after just 2 days.

Christine

I think that, after a month of liquids, I appreciate the flavors more. And I'll discover more of these flavor combinations as I try foods I don't normally eat. And I'm hoping that's the pattern for the rest of this process - if I'm eating less, I want to enjoy it more. And I really do believe I shall.

So, I'm excited about this! I'm curious to learn how I'm going to eat when I go to restaurants, to try all the great things I've ignored in my rush to the steak or the lobster. More fish, for a start - and that won't be a hardship.

So yay! Here's to great food, and less of it!

I am feeling the same way. I had reached a point where I was eating a lot, but not enjoying it at all. It would be great to eat wonderful foods in very small portions and be satisfied. Instead of large portions of mediocre foods and still want more.

Christine