Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March Bandsters: MASTER THREAD

I had my band put in yesterday morning (3/19), now I am having trouble urinating. I have to go every 30 minutes but only urinating about 2 tablespoons (estimate of course). Also when I fall asleep I have been constantly waking up biting my tonguefrown.gif. Have any of you had these problems post surgery?

Hi, MsHansy. I definitely am peeing much slower and much less than before. (Dontcha just love how open we all are with this info!) But I don't go frequently either. I find myself clenching and grinding my teeth way more at night than usual (my dentist is going to hate this) and biting my tongue too. Maybe it's because we're not chewing at all and our bodies want to? :thumbup:

Hi All,

You are right the waiting is the worse. I am sitting here waiting until time to go and I'm really thirsty. This no drinking anything since mid night wouldn't be so bad if you were scheduled at 8:00 but having to wait until 11:30 is pure torture.

Thanks for all the words of encouragement. I'm anxious to join you all on the other side.

T

Hi, MsHansy. I definitely am peeing much slower and much less than before. (Dontcha just love how open we all are with this info!) But I don't go frequently either. I find myself clenching and grinding my teeth way more at night than usual (my dentist is going to hate this) and biting my tongue too. Maybe it's because we're not chewing at all and our bodies want to? :wink2:

Thanks chica, maybe I am normal then. I did call my doc and am waiting for a response back. As for chewing my tongue, I guess it is protein.:wink2: BTW computers almost make us all very open. Could you imagine us asking eachother these questions in person? I am just glad we have this forum to be so open.

Awww, Jenna! I'm right there with you, woman. You know I was ready to leave my doctor visit and run out for a cheeseburger or a nice steak. :wink2:

We've got to lean on each other! Vent as much as you need, you know I'll listen!:wink2:

Girl. I know you are there. There is nothing like hunger mood swings mixed with PMS. My husband tries to stay on my good side. LOL.

Gotta keep chuggin.

I *so* agree with you! I think that's another reason why I love unjury. We make ours in 6 ounce servings and each one is 20 grams of Protein. I call them my Protein Shots. Too bad I can't add a little vodka. :wink2:

Vodka is a clear liquid right? :wink2:

hievery one thought i would post and say all is good not been here for a while op went fine was banded on 13-03-08 so excatly one week 10lb lost aswell so good all round feeling alot better now have my 1st fill on the 10th april omg nervous about that though hope all is fine for you gus to . i live in dorset so if any onw know of any meetings down here please could you let me know as i am sure this would help us all ( i like to put a face to who i am talking to lol ):wink2:

Hey everyone!!!

Alright i am freaking out i am giong to my husbands brothers for easter and its going to be really weird.... his wife is bigger than me and likes to let me know that i am taking the easy way out and that i just never worked hard enough at it.... anyway....i am mushies still and i dunno what to do for dinner....she is making Ham, mash pot., and corn casarole....any advice....i am really nervous bc i know she is going to make a huge deal of it in front of her family...she is so mean :wink2:

Hey everyone!!!

Alright i am freaking out i am giong to my husbands brothers for easter and its going to be really weird.... his wife is bigger than me and likes to let me know that i am taking the easy way out and that i just never worked hard enough at it.... anyway....i am mushies still and i dunno what to do for dinner....she is making Ham, mash pot., and corn casarole....any advice....i am really nervous bc i know she is going to make a huge deal of it in front of her family...she is so mean :(

I typically speak my mind when it comes to people I know, so if she makes a big deal about it in front of everyone then say this was a medical decision between you and your doctor, not a moral decision. Hopefully she will get the hint. :embaressed_smile:

I typically speak my mind when it comes to people I know, so if she makes a big deal about it in front of everyone then say this was a medical decision between you and your doctor, not a moral decision. Hopefully she will get the hint. :embaressed_smile:

Thanks for the great advice!!!!

She thinks that i am going to be living on Protein shakes for the rest of my life....i am telling you she is just jealous :(

Do you have any advice on the food side of it??? i dunno what to do about that either ....ANYONE i will take advice from

I had a slim fast for lunch today drank about 10 oz of it and it took me over and hour to get it down i tried to go sloooooooooooowwww. now i feel fuller than i did when i drank the 18 oz of Tomato Soup, but i didnt really feell how full till an hour or so later. This is so confusing.

Most of my gas pains are gone now, so im thankful for that.

I feel like i can move around more today. That is a good thing cuz these people that live with me has no idea how to do anything. I would think they should at least know where to put the bowls at in the dishwasher, but no they dont so before it can be run i have to rearrange everything.

I also have been cletching my teeth at night i think its been from the pain i have in the other parts of my body so i cletch my teeth to relieve surgecial and gas pains.

Thanks for the great advice!!!!

She thinks that i am going to be living on Protein shakes for the rest of my life....i am telling you she is just jealous :(

Do you have any advice on the food side of it??? i dunno what to do about that either ....ANYONE i will take advice from

You may consider bringing a Soup of some sort. A big enough pot to share with everyone and allows you to stick to your plan. I'd recommend something that would complement the Easter dinner. How about a nice broccoli and cheese soup? If simmered properly and if you only used the florets, it would be mushy and yummy, too. :embaressed_smile:

Today I just completed my second day of liquids. So far, so good. I am even down 3lbs. Only have 3 more days of liquids and 2 days of clear. I give you the people credit who have to do 2wks or more of liquid. I'm starving!:embaressed_smile:

You may consider bringing a Soup of some sort. A big enough pot to share with everyone and allows you to stick to your plan. I'd recommend something that would complement the Easter dinner. How about a nice broccoli and cheese soup? If simmered properly and if you only used the florets, it would be mushy and yummy, too. :embaressed_smile:

Andi you read my mind. I was thinking the same thing!

Frances, bring whatever YOU are comfortable eating. Everyone else isn't limited , just you are so I would bring to satisfy yourself. It's tough hon, but we are here to support you!

Hi all,

Well I am back. I'm feeling pretty decent. The worse thing was I got there at 11:30 as directed, and didn't even get to the back until nearly 3:00 any way I got stuck 3 times for the IV because I was too dehydrated, DUH I had not had anything for 18 hours by that time.

Anyway, it's a done deal so I'm sitting here watching TV and sipping Water and eating ice and hoping that I can feel as good tomorrow, but I know everyone seems to say the second and third days are worse.

I have not had a lot of problem with gas as yet. When I very first was waking up I do remember feeling a little pain at my left shoulder blade but that has gone. At least for now.

T

Whoa, Frances! What FANTASTIC weight loss! Mad respect!

I say, screw bringing a soup! When she starts up, just dive across the table and throttle her! She's bigger than you, sure, but with your weight loss, you have the advantage of SPEED! Hit her low, she'll go down like a ton of bricks! It'll be an Easter Miracle! You'll become a family legend!

That said, bringing food you know you can eat is a good idea. A Soup, sure, or maybe a casserole - I'd bring something I loved so I wouldn't feel deprived. And since you're in the mushy phase now, you might want to go with something more solid than just a soup. Soup for Easter would make me sad! (Sorry new banders - my heart goes out to you.)

Just don't go overboard on eating whatever you make!

And don't get too full! I worry that your sister-in-law might launch her counterattack after dinner, when she senses you're drowsy...