Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey 50 & over gang We have a new spot

Coming up on my one year bandiversary. June 18. Lost 75 lbs. 240-165. People tell me I look thinner than that. At 5'9" and 58 years I look great in my loose size 12 clothes, I'm off bp, cholesterol meds. Blood sugar down from 125 to 102. Much more mobile and active.

You can do it. One day at a time with the help of God and the band.

Cheri

Congrats Cheri, a one year anniversary is VERY special indeed:tt1:

I was banded on March 25 and have not had much success since then. I did lose about 6 lb in the first couple of weeks, but it has returned. Right now I am down just 7 lb TOTAL from my initial weight! I am so frustrated. I am walking every day and following my Dr recommendations about eating (altho his instructions were vague). He says 1/2 cup total per meal. I do that and don't drink with my meal, but I am starving in an hour. I can eat anything I want too. I am making an effort to eat less, but am not sure it is enough. I had one fill 2 weeks ago but cannot tell any difference at all. I have a second scheduled in mid-May. ANy suggestions? It seems nuts to me that I have made this huge commitment and still feel (and look) like I did 6 months ago!

Yep, Bandster Hell sucks...took me until fill 3 to really get good restriction and fill 4 made it perfect. During Bandster Hell it's better to eat more small meals than 3 larger ones (as it's the time you're most likely to cause a slip or other complication). I'm a pro-dieter (yo-yo queen), so I just watched my intake until some until restriction came...and get this...I FINALLY STOPPED DIETING! I started post-band with the same plan I have now...I eat what my family is having, stressing more of the Protein, and I just eat a lot less of it (1-1.5C per meal). You'll get there, just keep getting those fills!!!

Finally got a date today...July 7th...except I have to have my gallbladder out first..said I have a stone the size of a golf ball...anyone ever heard of this before?

Had my gallbladder out about a month ago (had about 20 stones)...he was able to do a single incision surgery through the belly button (and I've had no problems since). Could you have both surgeries together (my LB Surgeon also did my GB one), and if you have two different surgeons they can do them back to back in the same OR (I had two different surgeries with two docs for incontinence; hysterectomy and bladder sling)...just a thought.

momlambert- Wow!! Yes! It is definitely the BAND that got you through all of that without gaining! You really deserve a big congrats!! Well -- all I can say I'm adding you to my role model list! I sure do hope I can get to where you are a year from now. OK -- I'll try.

Welcome! I live just south of Houston. Yep, chew,chew, chew! I use baby spoons and forks to eat. It helps, but I do forget and swallow bites to big. Eighteen lbs is awesome! Congrats!

Charlene, I noticed you are doing shakes. Would you email me some of your favorite recipes. I have some of the vanilla whey powder. Are they pretty filling? My email address is BearzR2cute@aol.com. Thanks Pj

momlambert- Wow!! Yes! It is definitely the BAND that got you through all of that without gaining! You really deserve a big congrats!! Well -- all I can say I'm adding you to my role model list! I sure do hope I can get to where you are a year from now. OK -- I'll try.

Don't TRY, Desdemona, DO! You can do it for sure--just set your mind to it and go forward. Thanks for your nice words--it's three years I wouldn't want to live over again.

Congrats Cheri, a one year anniversary is VERY special indeed:tt1:

Great Job! I can hardly wait for my one year anniversary.

On the right track.

I found the first food that I could not eat. I took a bite of smoked sausage. The casing stuck! I could not get a drink of Water to try to push it threw. I almost panicked. Thank goodness I finally was able to push it threw. It was very embarassing and frustrating.

I found the first food that I could not eat. I took a bite of smoked sausage. The casing stuck! I could not get a drink of Water to try to push it threw. I almost panicked. Thank goodness I finally was able to push it threw. It was very embarassing and frustrating.

That's a horrible feeling--glad you got through it. You have to chew and chew little tiny bites (think M & M sized bites). Water usually makes it worse so it was probably a good think you couldn't get a drink. You might want to carry papaya enzymes with you--they are pretty good "Drano" when you have a problem (you just chew them up). Good luck!

We were in Okinawa in 1979-1982 what a culture shock and I would love to go over there now to see how it has changed

Got to my 'Dream Goal'...I'm still in shock! Here are some pics...just wanted to share with you as even though our age can make the WL slower you can still get there!

Before: Don't I look happy?

Nov.+08.jpg

After: My new 'frownie' belly button (gallbladder single incision surgery) and my size 20 pants (I actually started two pants sizes bigger than these in a 24/26W, now an 8 or 10).

6-5-10+Party+in+my+Fat+Pants.jpg

Progress pics:

Before--------------1/13/09 = 244 (-4 lbs.) Start 248 lbs.

About 1/2 Way---8/2/09 = 195 (-53 lbs.) 1/2 Way=50 lbs.

Almost 1st Goal---1/30/10 = 163 (-85 lbs.) Goal=90 lbs.

Dream Goal!------6/3/10 = 148 (-100 lbs.)

Before+During+After+-+Front+100.jpg

Before+During+After+-+Side+100.jpg

Before+During+After+-+Back+100.jpg

After: My new 'polka-dot bikini'! I could never have gotten here without all your support and accountability, so THANK YOU!

Bathing+Suit+B.jpg

Bathing+Suit+C.jpg

WOW!!! How amazingly cool! I really needed that inspiration today. I am a nearaly 3 months out (2 fills) but no weight loss yet. I know it will come, but right now if feels just like I did pre-LB. Thanks for sharing! ...and congratulations!

Cute! Congrats on your dream goal. I would never have thought about fitting myself into 1 leg. I am about 17-27 lbs from my goals. Doctor says 150, and I say 140. Hope to make both or either, soon. Karen

Band Groupie, great pics. You look mahvahlous dahling.

I wasn't as daring as you but here are my pics.

Cheri

post-269264-13813139355863_thumb.jpg

post-269264-13813139356313_thumb.jpg

post-269264-13813139356729_thumb.jpg

post-269264-13813139357167_thumb.jpg

post-269264-13813139357579_thumb.jpg

Band Groupie, great pics. You look mahvahlous dahling. I wasn't as daring as you but here are my pics. Cheri

AMAZING pictures ladies!! Here's a picture of me from this afternoon... with one of my "grandpuppies"on my lap!

post-220150-13813139361347_thumb.jpg

AMAZING pictures ladies!! Here's a picture of me from this afternoon... with one of my "grandpuppies"on my lap!

ah, o.k. but that's a bit big for a LAP DOG:lol: