Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey 50 & over gang We have a new spot

ah, o.k. but that's a bit big for a LAP DOG:lol:

It was so funny! Misty is a sweetheart. She doesn't know she's too big to be a lap dog! She saw Gigi on my lap and licking my face and getting all kinds of love, so she wanted some, too. So first it was her head on my lap, then up came the front paws and she was on my shoulder and licking my face, then... we couldn't believe it when first one back leg and then the other came up on my lap. By that time Tracy and I were laughing so hard she could barely get her phone out to take the picture!

It was so funny! Misty is a sweetheart. She doesn't know she's too big to be a lap dog! She saw Gigi on my lap and licking my face and getting all kinds of love, so she wanted some, too. So first it was her head on my lap, then up came the front paws and she was on my shoulder and licking my face, then... we couldn't believe it when first one back leg and then the other came up on my lap. By that time Tracy and I were laughing so hard she could barely get her phone out to take the picture!

LOL. I'm sure if I were a dog I'd want to crawl into your lap, too! No matter how big I was.

I was banded on March 25 and have not had much success since then. I did lose about 6 lb in the first couple of weeks, but it has returned. Right now I am down just 7 lb TOTAL from my initial weight! I am so frustrated. I am walking every day and following my Dr recommendations about eating (altho his instructions were vague). He says 1/2 cup total per meal. I do that and don't drink with my meal, but I am starving in an hour. I can eat anything I want too. I am making an effort to eat less, but am not sure it is enough. I had one fill 2 weeks ago but cannot tell any difference at all. I have a second scheduled in mid-May. ANy suggestions? It seems nuts to me that I have made this huge commitment and still feel (and look) like I did 6 months ago!

I use a calorie counter, Lose It, on my phone to keep track of my 1200 calories a day. Do you keep a good record of what you eat? That really helps me because I did realize how much I could eat.

On The Right Track

Hi Everyone!

I have some great recipes to share with you! I went on vacation with my kids to Sanibel and met Tim, who is the owner and trainer of Sanibel Health Club. He is also a bodybuilder and he definitely worships his body on a daily basis without steroids. Tim gave me so many great tips but of all the tips I loved his Protein recipe shakes. I swear they are better than any restaurants shake and will actually help you build muscle and lose weight. Here is his strategy on working out: warm up 5 minutes on the treadmill, then decide if you are going to do upper body weight training or lower body weight training. It is too stressful to do both in one day. So say you are gonna work your upper body (chest,back,arms, etc). IF you want to tone up muscles, work up to 3-5 sets of 10-12 repetitions at a moderate rate. Then on the next day work your lower body (gluts, legs, etc) with the same amount of sets and reps. You can and should do abdominal exercises on a daily basis. OK, after you have finished your weights, go back to your cardio (walking, elliptical, treadmill, running, etc ) for 30 minutes minimum. The reason you have to work out weights before cardio is because you need all the energy you can get for the weights. When you finish , and begin the cardio or aerobic, your body will burn carbs and fat, and not much muscle. You don't want your body to eat away muscle! For all these years, I have been doing it the exact opposite!

Then within 1-2 hours your muscles, from being used in weights, have been torn and in order to rebuild these muscles you must have protein pronto! Now how you get it is up to you, but I prefer to have a sweet Protein Shake and not feel guilty. These really fill me up and what is great about these shakes is that you can modify them according to your caloric intake. Remember, if you are working out properly, there is no way you will gain and Tim told me you can have these shakes in addition to your daily caloric count and still lose weight! I am living proof! I lost 06lbs in 2 weeks and this is the first time I ever lost weight on vacation. One of the motivators I told myself was, no work out, no shake! And that worked and kept me full! You can also use as a Meal Replacement 1x a day. I tried to keep the shakes under 300 calories.

The best and cheapest sight for whey protein isolate is Whey protein isolate powder at deep discount.. There are tons of flavors, but I just order 5lb of vanilla and 5 lbs of chocolate. You save more money if you buy in bulk and TIM says this is the product he buys for his club.

The next "staple" I always have at my home is sf pudding mixes, sf chocolate Syrup, coconut extract, miniature marshmallows (that's right!), and lowfat graham crackers (the kind that comes 4 to a square). Also, depending on what kind of shake, you may need blueberries,strawberries (frozen), any kind of berries. Some shakes require fruit juices . I find it convenient to fill up an empty tray of ice with concentrated orange, pineapple, banana-orange-pineapple juice, or any juice, just so long as it is pure juice. Then last but not least 1 1/2-2 cups of ice and and 6-8oz of Water.< /p>

'SMORES

1/2 cup miniature marshmallows (this is the standard amt)

1 large sheet of graham crackers (should have 4 miniature sheets)

1/4 packet sf vanilla pudding (Pudding really makes it rich!)

1 level scoop of vanilla whey protein isolate

2 tblsp sf chocolate syrup.

Ice and water

Remember, this is how all shakes begin in the blender .

First 1 cup of ice, 2-3 oz of water, then ad protein, syrup, crackers,marshmallow,pudding. NOW BEGIN PULSING ON THE BLENDER. If you need, it is ok to use a spatula. SLOWLY, add more water and ice, to fit your needs.

Get ready to be surprised after poring it into a big tall glass! Then please taste and tell me what you think!!!

Here so some more recipes:

ORANGE DREAMSICKLE:

1-2 ice cubes of OJ

1 scoop vanilla protein

1/4 pkt sf vanilla pudding mix

1/2 cup miniature marshmallows (optional)

ICE and WATER (see above for standard amounts)

Same as above for blending!

CHEESECAKE SHAKE:

1/4 pkt of cheesecake pudding mix

1/2 cup marshmallows (opt)

1 scoop vanilla whey protein isolate

1 large sheet graham crackers

1/2 cup frozen strawberries,blueberries, or any berries (opt)

ICE and WATER (Standard)

banana CREAM PIE SHAKE:

1/4 cup sf banana cream pudding mix

1/2 banana (frozen or fresh) (Optional)

1 scoop vanilla protein whey isolate (You can use chocolate too)

ICE AND WATER

Prepare the same as the above shakes

Cookies AND CREAM SHAKE:

1 reduced fat oreo cookie

1 scoop protein whey isolate (Vanilla or Chocolate)

1/2 cup marshmallows (optional)

1/4 cup sf vanilla pudding mix or cookies and cream pudding mix

ICE AND WATER (standard amounts)

blend and prepare as the shakes above

PINA COLADA SHAKE:

1-3 frozen ice cubes of DOLE PINA COLADA JUICE (Dole has some really yummy 100% juice mixes you may substitute)

1/4 pkt of sf vanilla pudding mix

ICE and WATER

You can try adding 1/2 banana or 1/8 coconut extract

Prepare same as above

FRUIT SHAKES:

1/2 cup any fresh fruit (use your imagination)

1 scoop whey protein isolate (vanilla or chocolate)

1 large sheet graham crackers (OPT)

1/2 cup miniature marshmallows (OPT)

ICE and WATER

Prepare same as above

CHOCOLATE OR VANILLA WHITE CHOCOLATE MINT SHAKE:

1 scoop of whey protein isolate (vanilla or choc flavor)

1/4 tsp mint extract

14/ pkt sf vanilla pudding mix

1 large sheet of graham crackers (OPT)

1/4-1/2 cup miniature marshmallows (OPT)

ICE AND WATER STANDARD

Prepare same as above

I am trying new shakes everyday. Once you get the hang of it, experiment, and if you find a keeper, please post it here and let me know how it goes!

BON APPETIT!

Hi Everyone!

I have some great recipes to share with you! I went on vacation with my kids to Sanibel and met Tim, who is the owner and trainer of Sanibel Health Club. He is also a bodybuilder and he definitely worships his body on a daily basis without steroids. Tim gave me so many great tips but of all the tips I loved his Protein recipe shakes. I swear they are better than any restaurants shake and will actually help you build muscle and lose weight. Here is his strategy on working out: warm up 5 minutes on the treadmill, then decide if you are going to do upper body weight training or lower body weight training. It is too stressful to do both in one day. So say you are gonna work your upper body (chest,back,arms, etc). IF you want to tone up muscles, work up to 3-5 sets of 10-12 repetitions at a moderate rate. Then on the next day work your lower body (gluts, legs, etc) with the same amount of sets and reps. You can and should do abdominal exercises on a daily basis. OK, after you have finished your weights, go back to your cardio (walking, elliptical, treadmill, running, etc ) for 30 minutes minimum. The reason you have to work out weights before cardio is because you need all the energy you can get for the weights. When you finish , and begin the cardio or aerobic, your body will burn carbs and fat, and not much muscle. You don't want your body to eat away muscle! For all these years, I have been doing it the exact opposite!

Then within 1-2 hours your muscles, from being used in weights, have been torn and in order to rebuild these muscles you must have protein pronto! Now how you get it is up to you, but I prefer to have a sweet Protein Shake and not feel guilty. These really fill me up and what is great about these shakes is that you can modify them according to your caloric intake. Remember, if you are working out properly, there is no way you will gain and Tim told me you can have these shakes in addition to your daily caloric count and still lose weight! I am living proof! I lost 06lbs in 2 weeks and this is the first time I ever lost weight on vacation. One of the motivators I told myself was, no work out, no shake! And that worked and kept me full! You can also use as a meal replacement 1x a day. I tried to keep the shakes under 300 calories.

The best and cheapest sight for whey protein isolate is Whey protein isolate powder at deep discount.. There are tons of flavors, but I just order 5lb of vanilla and 5 lbs of chocolate. You save more money if you buy in bulk and TIM says this is the product he buys for his club.

The next "staple" I always have at my home is sf pudding mixes, sf chocolate Syrup, coconut extract, miniature marshmallows (that's right!), and lowfat graham crackers (the kind that comes 4 to a square). Also, depending on what kind of shake, you may need blueberries,strawberries (frozen), any kind of berries. Some shakes require fruit juices . I find it convenient to fill up an empty tray of ice with concentrated orange, pineapple, banana-orange-pineapple juice, or any juice, just so long as it is pure juice. Then last but not least 1 1/2-2 cups of ice and and 6-8oz of Water.< /p>

'SMORES

1/2 cup miniature marshmallows (this is the standard amt)

1 large sheet of graham crackers (should have 4 miniature sheets)

1/4 packet sf vanilla pudding (Pudding really makes it rich!)

1 level scoop of vanilla whey protein isolate

2 tblsp sf chocolate syrup.

Ice and water

Remember, this is how all shakes begin in the blender .

First 1 cup of ice, 2-3 oz of water, then ad protein, syrup, crackers,marshmallow,pudding. NOW BEGIN PULSING ON THE BLENDER. If you need, it is ok to use a spatula. SLOWLY, add more water and ice, to fit your needs.

Get ready to be surprised after poring it into a big tall glass! Then please taste and tell me what you think!!!

Here so some more recipes:

ORANGE DREAMSICKLE:

1-2 ice cubes of OJ

1 scoop vanilla protein

1/4 pkt sf vanilla pudding mix

ICE and WATER (see above for standard amounts)

Same as above for blending!

CHEESECAKE SHAKE:

1/4 pkt of cheesecake pudding mix

1/2 cup marshmallows (opt)

1/2 cup frozen strawberries,blueberries, or any berries (opt)

ICE and WATER (Standard)

BANANA CREAM PIE SHAKE:

1/4 cup sf banana cream pudding mix

1/2 banana (frozen or fresh) (Optional)

1 scoop vanilla protein whey isolate (You can use chocolate too)

ICE AND WATER

Prepare the same as the above shakes

Cookies AND CREAM SHAKE:

1 reduced fat oreo cookie

1 scoop protein whey isolate (Vanilla or Chocolate)

1/2 cup marshmallows (optional)

1/4 cup sf vanilla pudding mix or cookies and cream pudding mix

ICE AND WATER (standard amounts)

blend and prepare as the shakes above

PINA COLADA SHAKE:

1-3 frozen ice cubes of DOLE PINA COLADA JUICE (Dole has some really yummy 100% juice mixes you may substitute)

1/4 pkt of sf vanilla pudding mix

ICE and WATER

You can try adding 1/2 banana or 1/8 coconut extract

Prepare same as above

FRUIT SHAKES:

1/2 cup any fresh fruit (use your imagination)

1 scoop whey protein isolate (vanilla or chocolate)

1 large sheet graham crackers (OPT)

1/2 cup miniature marshmallows (OPT)

ICE and WATER

Prepare same as above

CHOCOLATE OR VANILLA WHITE CHOCOLATE MINT SHAKE:

1 scoop of whey protein isolate (vanilla or choc flavor)

1/4 tsp mint extract

14/ pkt sf vanilla pudding mix

1 large sheet of graham crackers (OPT)

1/4-1/2 cup miniature marshmallows (OPT)

ICE AND WATER STANDARD

Prepare same as above

I am trying new shakes everyday. Once you get the hang of it, experiment, and if you find a keeper, please post it here and let me know how it goes!

BON APPETIT!

I've so been doing my exercises backwards...been doing cardio and then weights...which the reverse does make sense.

Thanks

Trisha

Hang in there, committedchick. Keep exercising and following your doctor's orders. It took me MANY fills and over a year to get to my sweet spot--I know I'm unusual and I don't want to discourage you but sometimes it takes time to get everything right. You are in "bandster hell"--no restriction, hungry, and losing motivation. It really will happen for you. Keep on trying and you'll be great. It's really a process! (but a wonderful one and well worth it in the end). Good luck!

How do you knwo when you have hit your sweet spot? Sometimes I think I am there and then other times I am hitting a wall and can't lose.

On The Right Track

How do you knwo when you have hit your sweet spot? Sometimes I think I am there and then other times I am hitting a wall and can't lose.

On The Right Track

How much can you eat per meal - 1/2 c - 1 cup - 2 cups?? For me the quainty of food indicates my sweet spot - the sweet spot really doesn't have anything to do with losing the weight - it's the foods that we consume and the amount of exercise we get that determine that.

Alot of pple hit plateaues - do you vary your calories on a daily basis - I found that do that helped me - but I was one of the lucky ones never hit a plateau..

How much can you eat per meal - 1/2 c - 1 cup - 2 cups?? For me the quainty of food indicates my sweet spot - the sweet spot really doesn't have anything to do with losing the weight - it's the foods that we consume and the amount of exercise we get that determine that.

Alot of pple hit plateaues - do you vary your calories on a daily basis - I found that do that helped me - but I was one of the lucky ones never hit a plateau..

It depends on the amount of food on the kind it is. Cottage cheese and soft foods I can eat more than beef. Heavy foods I can not eat a lot of. I feel like I am close but I just don't know.

It depends on the amount of food on the kind it is. Cottage cheese and soft foods I can eat more than beef. Heavy foods I can not eat a lot of. I feel like I am close but I just don't know.

Cottage cheese is a slider - so you can't measure your restriction on that or any soft foods - you have to measure it on hard Proteins. (heavy foods)

Also one day I will be tight - then next day not.

Hi Fifties,

Thought I'd check in here. I'm two years and nine months and 150lbs out from LAP-BAND® surgery, maintaining at or below goal weight for about a year and a half. I weigh 137 pounds, about 13 lbs. below my goal weight of 150. I like the idea of having some elbow room between me and that number. It gives me some pounds to play with, and enough room to put on the brakes If I see my weight rising.

I had an unfill of .5 cc two weeks ago, from 6.5 cc to 6. It was my first trip to my surgeon in 16 months. What a difference half a cubic centimeter makes: I'm able to eat foods I wasn't able to keep down before (like fish, fruit and fresh vegetables), and food goes down easier and stays down more overall. I feel ready to take more responsibility over my food, and not let the band do most of the work for me. I'm keeping track of calories, weighing and measuring, but trying not to be obsessive about it.

A normal day starts with 1 cup of espresso, about a quarter cup, which is all I can keep down at that time of the day. At 10:00am I start to drink Water, and put down anywhere between half a liter and a liter between then and lunch, at about 1:00pm. Lunch is my main meal of the day: red meat, chicken or fish with vegetables, and a grain. I drink about half a liter of water while I eat – I know this is unorthodox, but it works for me. I have some fruit in the afternoon and early evening, and try to have dinner (grain, vegetables and dairy along with another half liter of H20) no later than 9:00 pm.

Food is still an issue. There are still urges to binge, and sometimes I give in. But no doubt about it: it's a whole new ballgame when you're playing at 137 pounds and not at 286. I can use the tool I've been given and the tools I've learned, and reach out for help.

Where do I go from here? I'd like to maintain the weight I'm at. I want to become more comfortable eating around other people, which means concentrating on cutting my food, eating slowly and chewing more. There are significantly less PB's since the unfill. Could this be the sweet spot? Only time will tell. Eating with others will also mean giving up on cooking for myself so often, although I am my own favorite chef. Finally, I've got to do something about exercize. Can you believe I've managed to lose 149 pounds without hardly lifting a finger? Crazy. There are self worth – self esteem issues that have always stopped me from investing in myself this way. I've never been able to make it part of my life. Any feedback will be much appreciated.

My monthly support group here has pretty much dried up – here's hoping for new voices, insights and friendships.

- Bandpal

P.S. Pictures: 1 month before surgery (Oct. 2007) and earlier this summer.

post-226984-13813139516263_thumb.jpg

post-226984-1381313951657_thumb.jpg

Edited by bandpal

Hey Bandpal!

Just happened to see your post! First I want to say you look great.

I admire your determination to make all these great changes in your life. I cannot give you band advice, but as someone who fought exercise tooth and nail her whole life I can tell you what a difference walking has made for me.

Without my walking i would have most likely had to convert to another WLS and I would miss out on all the great benefits walking gives me. Increased stamina, cardiac benefits and generally I just feel better about myself.

I can sometimes suffer from S.A.D. (Seasonal Affective Disease) and the benefit of the added sunlight from being outside has really improved that as well.

They're are still many times that I would rather NOT go for a walk but I can say every time I do go, I always feel better later.

My walking journey actually began on a vacation in Italy. We would drive to little "walled" villages and you needed a special permit to drive inside the city walls, whihc we did not have, so we parked outside and walked. For protection, these villages were always placed on hills (so they could see the enemy coming). We walked a lot!!! And this vacation was BEFORE I had my band, so I carried a lot of extra pounds up those hills.

We ate and drank a lot on that vacation and yet when I got home I had not gained any weight!!! It was the walking!

When I got home, I started walking on a walking/jogging path near me. The first few times, I didn't get in much more than 1.5 miles. Slowly, I made it my goal to get a little farther until I could complete the whole 3.5 miles. then I walked a little faster and then I starting repeating a section to bring it up to five miles.

So my advice is continue on your path of healthy eating and add walking or jogging to your routine! No special equipment needed except a good pair of walking/running shoes.

Good Luck Bandpal.

Wow, I can't even image being in the 130's. That is so great :blush:

I've been overwhelmed with a new job and have gained some weight back by less exercise and quick food.:w00t:

I'm looking forward to getting back to a healthy routine.:)

Good Journey,

Maggie

Hi Fifties,

Thought I'd check in here. I'm two years and nine months and 150lbs out from LAP-BAND®® surgery, maintaining at or below goal weight for about a year and a half. I weigh 137 pounds, about 13 lbs. below my goal weight of 150. I like the idea of having some elbow room between me and that number. It gives me some pounds to play with, and enough room to put on the brakes If I see my weight rising.

I had an unfill of .5 cc two weeks ago, from 6.5 cc to 6. It was my first trip to my surgeon in 16 months. What a difference half a cubic centimeter makes: I'm able to eat foods I wasn't able to keep down before (like fish, fruit and fresh vegetables), and food goes down easier and stays down more overall. I feel ready to take more responsibility over my food, and not let the band do most of the work for me. I'm keeping track of calories, weighing and measuring, but trying not to be obsessive about it.

A normal day starts with 1 cup of espresso, about a quarter cup, which is all I can keep down at that time of the day. At 10:00am I start to drink Water, and put down anywhere between half a liter and a liter between then and lunch, at about 1:00pm. Lunch is my main meal of the day: red meat, chicken or fish with vegetables, and a grain. I drink about half a liter of water while I eat – I know this is unorthodox, but it works for me. I have some fruit in the afternoon and early evening, and try to have dinner (grain, vegetables and dairy along with another half liter of H20) no later than 9:00 pm.

Food is still an issue. There are still urges to binge, and sometimes I give in. But no doubt about it: it's a whole new ballgame when you're playing at 137 pounds and not at 286. I can use the tool I've been given and the tools I've learned, and reach out for help.

Where do I go from here? I'd like to maintain the weight I'm at. I want to become more comfortable eating around other people, which means concentrating on cutting my food, eating slowly and chewing more. There are significantly less PB's since the unfill. Could this be the sweet spot? Only time will tell. Eating with others will also mean giving up on cooking for myself so often, although I am my own favorite chef. Finally, I've got to do something about exercize. Can you believe I've managed to lose 149 pounds without hardly lifting a finger? Crazy. There are self worth – self esteem issues that have always stopped me from investing in myself this way. I've never been able to make it part of my life. Any feedback will be much appreciated.

My monthly support group here has pretty much dried up – here's hoping for new voices, insights and friendships.

- Bandpal

P.S. Pictures: 1 month before surgery (Oct. 2007) and earlier this summer.

WELCOME, BAND-PAL!!

WOW!! Fantastic success story!

I am 3 yrs post-op and down about 125 lb. However, I am at a standstill right now.... hovering around the 200 lb mark and I want to lose another 50 lb.

Exercise is a difficult discipline, but so worth it. Walking is a challenge for me... knee replacement last summer has made it easier, but... arthritis in other places sometimes keeps me from it. A back issue has me stalled right now, but prior to an accident a couple of weeks ago, I was trying to walk about a mile a day in addition to other exercise. I joined a nearby gym this summer and was using various weight machines I'd been coached on as well as recumbent bike until this little setback. I'll be back at it soon.

So good to have you join us.

Hey Bandpal! Just happened to see your post! First I want to say you look great. I admire your determination to make all these great changes in your life. I cannot give you band advice, but as someone who fought exercise tooth and nail her whole life I can tell you what a difference walking has made for me.

Without my walking i would have most likely had to convert to another WLS and I would miss out on all the great benefits walking gives me. Increased stamina, cardiac benefits and generally I just feel better about myself.

I can sometimes suffer from S.A.D. (Seasonal Affective Disease) and the benefit of the added sunlight from being outside has really improved that as well.

They're are still many times that I would rather NOT go for a walk but I can say every time I do go, I always feel better later.

My walking journey actually began on a vacation in Italy. We would drive to little "walled" villages and you needed a special permit to drive inside the city walls, whihc we did not have, so we parked outside and walked. For protection, these villages were always placed on hills (so they could see the enemy coming). We walked a lot!!! And this vacation was BEFORE I had my band, so I carried a lot of extra pounds up those hills.

We ate and drank a lot on that vacation and yet when I got home I had not gained any weight!!! It was the walking!

When I got home, I started walking on a walking/jogging path near me. The first few times, I didn't get in much more than 1.5 miles. Slowly, I made it my goal to get a little farther until I could complete the whole 3.5 miles. then I walked a little faster and then I starting repeating a section to bring it up to five miles.

So my advice is continue on your path of healthy eating and add walking or jogging to your routine! No special equipment needed except a good pair of walking/running shoes.

Good Luck Bandpal.

Our daughter and son-in-law had the same experience while visiting Italy... they were on a cruise, but spent time in Venice before and after, as well as extra time in Rome and London. They said they really didn't watch what they ate and were afraid they were gaining weight while on this 3 week vacation. They were pleasantly surprised to find they'd actually both lost weight and they, too, attributed it to all the walking they did.

Wow, I can't even image being in the 130's. That is so great :blush: I've been overwhelmed with a new job and have gained some weight back by less exercise and quick food.:w00t: I'm looking forward to getting back to a healthy routine.:) Good Journey, Maggie

Good luck to you, Maggie. I, too, am anxious to get back to my normal routine when I get past this back problem I have right now.

Even at my heaviest I still managed to walk. Slowly, but I walked. I need the outdoors and sunlight as much as possible. I do take large amounts of Vitamin D which has made me feel really good.

Now I walk fairly quickly, almost everyday, from a half an hour to and hour and 15 min. depending on weather conditions and time available. I have an indoor track I can walk on for free when I can't walk outside.

You've done really well, bandpal. It sounds like your unfill was the right thing to do to allow you to eat healthier and to take more control over your eating. You must have been extremely tight. I am much tighter in the morning also, but I do get my coffee with milk and my Protein Shake in. I also need to swallow a pill and can now swallow my fish oil pills. I had to first lose some weight after my last fill before I could start swallowing pills.

One really wierd thing, if I lay in the tub and soak for an hour, I can't eat or drink hardly anything for at least an hour.

My advice is to combine walking with something you enjoy looking at. Gardens, art museums, window shopping, etc. Maybe get one of those step counters and start aiming for 10,000 steps a day. Wear it all day everyday and all the steps you take are counted. Your exercise is spread throughout the day. Pace when you talk on the phone. There's even a specially designed desk with a treadmill under it that allows you to do computer work, paperwork, reading, etc., while you work.

Has there ever been a sport you enjoyed? Doesn't sound likely, but maybe swimming? Shooting baskets? Beachcombing? Biking? Dancing? I love dancing and would like to take salsa lessons.

Keep it enjoyable!