Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey 50 & over gang We have a new spot

I am 53 and was banded in March. My weight loss is now 33 pounds since the surgery. My next appointment for my second fill is next week. People are starting to notice but I still find myself doing just what you talked about, eating to fast and eating too much. It will be nice to have people my age to talk to about it.

On the right track

PS I want one of the weight trackers. I downloaded the app but it says I must get a pin number from someone. Anyone got one?

I too am 53, banded 6/20/2008 and have lost 93 pounds. Just 2 weeks ago, had a knee replacement due to an injury and that has really slowed everything down! Hope to be back on track soon... Still need to lose about 50 more pounds! The tracker, if I am not mistaken, you CREATE YOUR OWN PIN NUMBER... or at least that is what they asked me for... you can go to my signature line and it will have a link to the one I use...

Good luck and God Bless!

I too am 53, banded 6/20/2008 and have lost 93 pounds. Just 2 weeks ago, had a knee replacement due to an injury and that has really slowed everything down! Hope to be back on track soon... Still need to lose about 50 more pounds! The tracker, if I am not mistaken, you CREATE YOUR OWN PIN NUMBER... or at least that is what they asked me for... you can go to my signature line and it will have a link to the one I use... Good luck and God Bless!

I had knee replacement last summer... 2 yrs after my surgery. You'll get back on track in no time. I think by week three I was walking 1/2 mile.

I had double knee replacement surgery about 5 or 6 yrs. ago. Was on my feet immediately and walking outside around the block within a week. However, I had done my knee strengthening exercise religiously ahead of time and afterwards. At the time I had also lost 30 lbs for the surgery. Would I had been able to keep it off, but, alas, my disease was too strong for me. But now, with the help of the band, and by the grace of God, I am 75 lbs thinner, at goal, and have hope that I can stay there.

Cheri

I was banded on March 25 and have not had much success since then. I did lose about 6 lb in the first couple of weeks, but it has returned. Right now I am down just 7 lb TOTAL from my initial weight! I am so frustrated. I am walking every day and following my Dr recommendations about eating (altho his instructions were vague). He says 1/2 cup total per meal. I do that and don't drink with my meal, but I am starving in an hour. I can eat anything I want too. I am making an effort to eat less, but am not sure it is enough. I had one fill 2 weeks ago but cannot tell any difference at all. I have a second scheduled in mid-May. ANy suggestions? It seems nuts to me that I have made this huge commitment and still feel (and look) like I did 6 months ago!

I was banded on March 25 and have not had much success since then. I did lose about 6 lb in the first couple of weeks, but it has returned. Right now I am down just 7 lb TOTAL from my initial weight! I am so frustrated. I am walking every day and following my Dr recommendations about eating (altho his instructions were vague). He says 1/2 cup total per meal. I do that and don't drink with my meal, but I am starving in an hour. I can eat anything I want too. I am making an effort to eat less, but am not sure it is enough. I had one fill 2 weeks ago but cannot tell any difference at all. I have a second scheduled in mid-May. ANy suggestions? It seems nuts to me that I have made this huge commitment and still feel (and look) like I did 6 months ago!

Hang in there, committedchick. Keep exercising and following your doctor's orders. It took me MANY fills and over a year to get to my sweet spot--I know I'm unusual and I don't want to discourage you but sometimes it takes time to get everything right. You are in "bandster hell"--no restriction, hungry, and losing motivation. It really will happen for you. Keep on trying and you'll be great. It's really a process! (but a wonderful one and well worth it in the end). Good luck!

Be patient. You aren`ét even 2 months out yet. You havn`t had enough FILLS yet girl!!

Once you are filled to your sweet spot... You will ONLY be able to eat 1 1/2 cups of food per meal... thats ONE cup and a HALF... less than that, no wonder you are getting hungry between meals.

Track your calories too for a bit, see where you are spending them... a good FREE web site is www.SparkPeople.com

I``ve been using this site for years and its fab!!!

Good luck to you honey:smile2:

You are my inspiration! My friends told me it would be very difficult to lose the weight. See it can be done.

CommittedChick, I understand your frustration. I am dealing with the same issue. I was banded April 7th - lost weight before/after, but the last two weeks have been so difficult. I got my first fill, but no restriction yet. He told me it would take about 3x to get it right. So, I am trying not to pig out...but that is why we signed up right, cause we had a hard time eating small amounts...so until we get the correct fill, we have to struggle. Can't wait till the fill is right! Until then, just trying to exercise and eat right, even though my portions are larger than I am suppose to eat.

Finally got a date today...July 7th...except I have to have my gallbladder out first..said I have a stone the size of a golf ball...anyone ever heard of this before?

Coming up on my one year bandiversary. June 18. Lost 75 lbs. 240-165. People tell me I look thinner than that. At 5'9" and 58 years I look great in my loose size 12 clothes, I'm off bp, cholesterol meds. Blood sugar down from 125 to 102. Much more mobile and active.

You can do it. One day at a time with the help of God and the band.

Cheri

Coming up on my one year bandiversary. June 18. Lost 75 lbs. 240-165. People tell me I look thinner than that. At 5'9" and 58 years I look great in my loose size 12 clothes, I'm off bp, cholesterol meds. Blood sugar down from 125 to 102. Much more mobile and active.

You can do it. One day at a time with the help of God and the band.

Cheri

Great for you! I want to be like you in a year. Keep it up.

On the right track

Congrats to you "On the Right Track". I look forward to the day I join you.

I have been off the board for quite a while and I see a lot of new people here.

momlambert -- I noticed that you got your band exactly 1 year before me. It looks like you have done GREAT. I did very well in the first year but have not lost since (although I'm THRILLED to say that I haven't gained either). I don't think I need a fill but I"m just not doing whatever I'm suppose to be doing to get it off. Did you find that you had a really slow point?

Hey KYLakeGal: I too had to had my gall bladder removed because I had large gall stones. It was an easy surgery

I have been off the board for quite a while and I see a lot of new people here.

momlambert -- I noticed that you got your band exactly 1 year before me. It looks like you have done GREAT. I did very well in the first year but have not lost since (although I'm THRILLED to say that I haven't gained either). I don't think I need a fill but I"m just not doing whatever I'm suppose to be doing to get it off. Did you find that you had a really slow point?

Thanks, Desdemona. I felt (and still feel) like my whole journey has been a "slow point." It was discouraging at times but I'm really happy, too, that I haven't gained my weight back. I keep gravitating to the same weight (lose a few lbs., gain a few lbs.) so I wonder if this is where I need to be. When I look at what has happened in my life since the band (lost my father and mother-in-law, sold two houses, built a new house, caring for mother diagnosed with Alzheimer's, two unmarried daughters having babies, grandson with spinal meningitis, two children in addiction recovery, helping with birth of 4 new grandchildren, etc., etc.--of course, even very wonderful things cause stress and we've had our share of those as well), I know that I would have been at least 30-50 lbs. more than my highest weight if I didn't have this tool.

So, even though it's been slow and even though I haven't lost anything for a good 7-8 months and want to lose 15 lbs. more, I'm VERY grateful for my band and the success I have had.

Good luck to you.