Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey 50 & over gang We have a new spot

NM BRENDA - YOU ARE TOO TIGHT !!!! YOU CAN DAMAGE YOURSELF BEING TOO TIGHT - THAT REFULX CAN BURN YOUR STOMACH - GO GET A LITTLE TAKEN OUT...

I am no longer on any med's but when I was I always took them on an empty stomach in the morning so that they would go down and not sit in my pouch.

You should not be pbing on Water :cry_smile:

I have actually found myself improving every day. This morning I was able to drink a cup of coffee and have some no fat tapioca pudding (80 calories worth). I did not PB any of it and am full. Last night I found that I did very well on a cup of chicken broth.

Since I was fine the first two days after fill (I ate macarony & cheese, no problem except that I ate too much and triggered all these problems.), I think my problem is more from a swollen stomach rather than being too tight.

I have been having that same problem. I know I am not too tight.I can eat anything I want and hardly have to chew like I used to . I have to be really careful to take my meds early in the evening or I end up throwing up Water in my sleep. It's difficult because when I have back problems I need to take my muscle relaxer right before bed and I have to stay up awhile to make sure the Water is not sitting in my stomach. I don't get it. Water should not be sitting in the pouch.

I understand what you are saying. It's at bedtime when the water just seems to sit in my pouch and since I haven't eaten any solid food all day, I would expect the water to just go through but it comes up along with my medicine when I first begin to doze off.

I have a set of meds for morning and a set for evening. Two that I take just befor bed because they knock me out. (Bipolor meds for the manic phase). These are Clonazepan and Seroquil

That is exactly like me. Sometimes I take Seroquil as a sleep med. Luckily it's an easy one to chop up into tiny pieces.

How do you deal with this. I have progesterone I am supposed to take in the evening but now I take them at 8-9 rather than after 10.I am usually up past midnight.The seroquil or my muscle relaxer is the one that will come up in my sleep even if I stay up awhile to make sure it's not sitting in the pouch. I don't feel like it's stuck, and I don't get why the water comes right up as soon as I lay down when it should be through the pouch by that time and in the stomach. It's beginning to be a big problem. Especially if it gets in my lungs and i am coughing all night long.

Edited by Oregondaisy

Those who are TOOO tight. Do you get fills with a floroscope there or just the doctor - no xray? I had my banding in a hospital program so they use the imaging center for every fill. I think it helps so much. We all watch as I take a drink after the salines in and sometimes it just sits in the pouch. SO the doc can pull a little out and we do it until it's moving. I wanted to be a little on the tight side this time round (I can only take a little in the band at a time) so we went with slower movement through the band, but it was really my choice. The beauty is seeing it move and talking it through with the doctor. I'm very restricted now...but never brought up Water. Did liquids (slow intake) two days. Now I'm on mushies and soft. It goes through better at night, so I have a little fish and pureed Soup or mashed potato (pureed). And Protein Drinks if food is too hard during the day. It will loosen up in a week or so but it's good for now....I needed to get off a plateau. Again, using the floroscope may help you to not be tooo tight. Good luck.

Those who are TOOO tight. Do you get fills with a floroscope there or just the doctor - no xray?Good luck.

This is interesting as it gives you more control over your fills. I've never had floroscope.

How could I possibly be too tight when I can eat bread pizza (but I don't)

or any food I could possibly want?

I don't get why my problem is just when I am sleeping. I am taking my meds earlier now, but last night i was coughing again. I don't know what's going on.

Hi everyone! I have a few questions... regarding acronyms - what is PBing, and what is HD - or was it DH (when referring to a spouse I assume)? Had my LB on Aug. 6th, first fill Sept. 16th. Noticed a difference right away, but doing well. I think I read about foaming - happened to me tonight for the first time. My hubby and I went to dinner at a Chinese place - hadn't eaten much but all of a sudden it was in my throat and I made the mistake of trying to wash it down with Water. Thank goodness I made it to the bathroom as the water wanted back out. Finally excused myself and went to the car and brought it home. Either the broccoli was too hard and I didn't chew it well enough or the little bit of rice stuck. What a scary feeling tho.. Oh, I don't know how to set up those cute weight loss lines either. Is there a place I can go to become more "savvy" I'm down 35 and feeling great. Everything is big on me. Yay!! Many sizes to grow into... Thank you for any help you can provide!

Lory

Hi everyone,

It's been a long long time since I've been online. Had a run of bad luck the past 2 months. My dad passed away in August and my husband has been in the hospital for 6 weeks, but I now have him home and under Hospice care. I know that my faith and strength is being tested, but so far I'm hangin in there. I have my kids and grands but I've really missed my lapband family, Phil, Janet, Denise and all the oldies, but I'm back.....

Everyone is really doing great!!! And lots of newbies... I've been reading everyones success stories and it really gave me the lift I needed. Promise to check in more often. Congrats to all!!!

Teresa

How could I possibly be too tight when I can eat bread pizza (but I don't)

or any food I could possibly want?

I don't get why my problem is just when I am sleeping. I am taking my meds earlier now, but last night i was coughing again. I don't know what's going on.

I am wondering if certain meds are causing the problem. They may be the kind that tend to burn and that is why the pouch throws them up when we relax as we are falling asleep.

How could I possibly be too tight when I can eat bread pizza (but I don't) or any food I could possibly want?

Yeah, could be the meds. What are you taking??

Thought of you this weekend... was in Myrtle Point, Bandon, etc.. your "neighborhood", visiting my sister.

Hi everyone! I have a few questions... regarding acronyms - what is PBing, and what is HD - or was it DH (when referring to a spouse I assume)? Had my LB on Aug. 6th, first fill Sept. 16th. Noticed a difference right away, but doing well. I think I read about foaming - happened to me tonight for the first time. My hubby and I went to dinner at a Chinese place - hadn't eaten much but all of a sudden it was in my throat and I made the mistake of trying to wash it down with Water. Thank goodness I made it to the bathroom as the Water wanted back out. Finally excused myself and went to the car and brought it home. Either the broccoli was too hard and I didn't chew it well enough or the little bit of rice stuck. What a scary feeling tho.. Oh, I don't know how to set up those cute weight loss lines either. Is there a place I can go to become more "savvy" I'm down 35 and feeling great. Everything is big on me. Yay!! Many sizes to grow into... Thank you for any help you can provide!

Lory

PB is Productive Burp.. not the same as vomiting, so stomach acid, food just sort of pops back out because you ate too much, didn't chew enough, ate too fast, etc. Sliming, PBing, not a happy experience!

23_28_108.gif

Yes, DH is "dear husband", SIL= son-in-law, etc.

Hi everyone,

It's been a long long time since I've been online. Had a run of bad luck the past 2 months. My dad passed away in August and my husband has been in the hospital for 6 weeks, but I now have him home and under Hospice care. I know that my faith and strength is being tested, but so far I'm hangin in there. I have my kids and grands but I've really missed my lapband family, Phil, Janet, Denise and all the oldies, but I'm back.....

Everyone is really doing great!!! And lots of newbies... I've been reading everyones success stories and it really gave me the lift I needed. Promise to check in more often. Congrats to all!!! Teresa

So sorry for your troubles.

Will keep you in my prayers, Teresa.

17_1_10.gif

Hi everyone,

Everyone is really doing great!!! And lots of newbies... I've been reading everyones success stories and it really gave me the lift I needed. Promise to check in more often. Congrats to all!!!

Teresa

So sorry to hear about your dad and husband. Nice to have hubby home I am sure. And family support is always the best.

I am sure we will all keep you and your family in out thoughts and prayers.

At night I take my progesterone, and I have to take Milk Thistle for my liver. My sleep meds are either Ambien or Seroquel and I take a muscle relaxer flexaril. I sound like a druggie. Honest, if I didn't take a sleep med I would not sleep. And my back is really messed up so that is why I take the flexaril.

I have been taking the milk thistle early but the ones to go to sleep, I have to take at bedtime. It's a problem.

Phyllis, I wish I could have seen you while you were in the area!

Hi

Wow, didn't read the threads for a few days, and looks like lots of "oldtimers" have checked back in ...kinda like back from vacation for the summer? Hope you'all don't mind us new-comers!! We sure learn a lot from those of you with experience.

I'm getting a fill in a couple weeks - and I think I need one - but sure don't want to get too tight. Sounds miserable. However, at this point, I don't have to chew well, can eat just about anything again. Ate an entire rueben sandwich the other day, and birthday cake, etc, etc., so I'm sure that I can handle a fill! Although some days, things like drier meats don't slide down quite so easy. I've slipped away from the good slow eating - hope my next fill takes me back a bit to the days of getting full on 1/2 cup! I suppose that's too much to expect?

Hi everyone, just trying out some new profile stuff. Took me forever to figure out how to find the ticker page and hopefully I've copy and pasted it where it belongs. I want a cute profile like ya'll have! lol

Hi all tonight. First of all Theresa, so sorry to hear about your dad and hope your husband is doing okay! You guys all talk about eating half cup at a meal. Last night I ate a ribeye steak, mixed vegetables and a baked potato. Even though I am still loosing, I have to eat to feel full. I have had one fill of 1.2cc and second was was .5cc. Neither one seemed to do a thing but I am working hard on my own to control my amounts of food and I am exercising alot. I hope I get to that spot eventually where I am not so hungry. I can eat a full bowl of thick chilli with no problem. But then I am satisfied. I dont know, it works differently on each of us but I will keep going until I get it right.

Beckyo:tt1:

Thank you for your help... Teresa, will keep you in my prayers... so sorry for your loss. Had hospice for both my parents, became a volunteer myself as they were so helpful. Wish I could pay someone to fix my profile! lol Good luck everyone!

Lory