Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey 50 & over gang We have a new spot

Hi DeeDee,

I was banded on 7/29 and did really well with the hunger for about 3 weeks. I was pretty much like yourself eating anything (no carbs) and sticking to about 800 cal. a day. I was starving, but didn't want to gain, so pretty much stuck to the 1/2 cup of food at a sitting, I made sure that I was getting enough Protein in, that would curb the hunger for a while, but didn't last from meal to meal. I would drink a Protein Drink or have a pudding or yogurt in between my main meals. According to the message boards they call this stage "bandster hell" which is the stage you are now in as you await your first fill. I had my first fill last Friday, I couldn't wait to get it. I was so hungry. I am happy to report that I am no longer hungry!!! YEAH!!! :)

Will he fill you at your next appt....hopefully he will. Just tell him the hunger you are experiencing, and maybe he will fill you, but, maybe not, it may be too soon...he's the boss! Just know it will get better. Hang in there!

Lori - diamond studs! Do I hear the sound of another reward for your weight loss? Let's see - you got the Coach at 50, was it? The great thing about these rewards is YOU WON'T GET TOO SMALL FOR THEM! In fact, as you lose more weight, won't the diamonds look larger??? Great idea - I'm putting this on my list, too... I sure get good ideas from this group of smart, stylish women!

p.s. none of you should worry about retirement being the end of your life. It's great! You are getting yourselves into position to have fun in your retirement - new experiences, travel without a seat belt extension, time to learn new things, play with your adult kids and maybe a grandchild or two, do stuff for YOU and enjoy that new body of yours.

Hi tonight friends. I went to Dr today and second fill was .05cc. It sure doesn't seem like much for a second fill. I was dissapointed but I will wait and see for a few days. My dr must go slow with his patients. I guess I am just impatient wanting to get to a sweet spot.

Beckyo

Congrats Lapbandana!! The seat belt issue is huge. I have my own extender so I never have to ask again. Next time I fly I am hoping to leave it behind on the airplane. I am supposed to go in a week or so to Las Vegas. He has to go for a day for business and no way is he going without me. We used to live there.

What did you see and do in our beautiful state???

We mainly went to visit my husband's elderly mother and sister who live outside Colo Spgs. But while there, we went to Durango and rode the train to and from Silverton which was nice. My hubby is a big train buff. We also rode the cog rail up Pikes Peak and that was awesome and also went to Garden of the Gods. We also drove thru some winding, scary, narrow mountain roads with no guardrails when we went thru Ouray and Gunnison on the way back to Colo Spgs. It was beautiful and cool weather.

DeeDee, you are indeed in bandster hell. It's the healing phase not the dieting phase. Things will get much better when you get a couple of fills. Until then, don't beat yourself up and eat and drink Protein when you are hungry. We have all been through it.

On another thread, it was discussed about the full feeling. Several of us banded in July stated that we do not feel full so much as feeling like we have swallowed something huge and cannot swallow another bite as we could PB. Have any of you experienced this? I thought maybe with my 2nd fill on Tuesday I might starting feeling full and not stuck, but maybe not? :crying:

Diane is hitting the nail on the head! Thats exactly how I feel. I was banded on 7/29 and just had my first fill last Friday. If I overeat (which isn't hard to do--can't seem to do 1/2 cup of food at a time) I get that stuck feeling Dianne described. I have to say though that I would prefer that over the "bandster hell" I was going through before the fill. I had no restrictions and could eat whatever I wanted, I didn't, but I could have!

I got lazy in my chewing, in my bite size and in my portions. I am retraining myself to slow down, not drink with meals and decrease bite size and portion size. I do find myself not so ravenously hungry since the fill, which is awesome, but I have experienced the sliming and PB's 3 times since my fill.........I do not want to do that again! I retrained myself very quickly because of it.

Dianne---you are on your 2nd fill already? When was your surgery?

Full Feeling After the Band - My experience..

It's a diff feeling - It is that stuck feeling.

We are looking at how much we ate 1/2 of food and think to ourselves - oh I can't be full on that amount of food - it's just starting to taste good.

It takes awhile to figure out what your new full feeling is. Our old full feeling was really stuffed the the brim feeling - we didn't stopped at full.

I will be physically full after a meal - but mentally I am still hungry which manifest it's self into me thinking I am still physically hungry.. When I am not cuz truly I am full..

I had to sit and truly contemplate am I physically full or mentally hungry 99.99% of the time it's mental..

Pbing - slime is proof you have restriction - it happens from eating too fast - not chewing and from eating one bite too many

Healthy Eating + Exercise + Band = Success !!!!

Diane is hitting the nail on the head! Thats exactly how I feel. I was banded on 7/29 and just had my first fill last Friday. If I overeat (which isn't hard to do--can't seem to do 1/2 cup of food at a time) I get that stuck feeling Dianne described. I have to say though that I would prefer that over the "bandster hell" I was going through before the fill. I had no restrictions and could eat whatever I wanted, I didn't, but I could have!

I got lazy in my chewing, in my bite size and in my portions. I am retraining myself to slow down, not drink with meals and decrease bite size and portion size. I do find myself not so ravenously hungry since the fill, which is awesome, but I have experienced the sliming and PB's 3 times since my fill.........I do not want to do that again! I retrained myself very quickly because of it.

Dianne---you are on your 2nd fill already? When was your surgery?

Yes, I have my second fill on Tuesday, the 23rd. I was banded on July 28th, one day before you. My dr is pretty liberal from what I have read on here. I went home on FULL liquids and was on regular food at 7 wks after surgery. After my first fill, I was on full liquids for 24 hrs, then whatever I could tolerate. I have slimed and pb'd also. Mine is because I ate too fast and too big a bite. I still haven't retrained myself, because I did it today eating an egg sandwich for lunch. Yuck!

freedom

did you find any good recipes on the web sites i gave you?

called the drs. office today. they said that they had all of my paper work together and put it in the "basket" for the dr. to read over and to determine if i'm eligible for surgery. i don't know how many are ahead of me.

this waiting is getting on my nerves. i hate to wait for things. i want to get them over with.

23_34_4.gif

i think when i go in for surgery, they are going to have to give me something to take. maybe the morning before i get there. i'm such a chicken. i've had multiple surgeries before, but i got scared with each one.

36_33_21.gif

sig.jsp?pc=[object Object]&pp=ZSYYYYYYYYUS

can some one tell me how to get a picture under my name? :thumbup:

Here you go little bit - click this link - it will take you to instructions on how to...

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f5/avatars-custom-title-issues-3434/

Yippee!! I am no longer obese!!! Never thought I'd be happy to be overweight!

I remember moving into obese from severe obesity. Day by day, good choices and exercise, dedication and patience....we'll get there!

217/158/140