Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey 50 & over gang We have a new spot

Hi Brenda,

I have been a little too tight a couple of times but this time was the worst so far. I got my fill on a Saturday. I took it until Wednesday and they got me in and took out half of what they had put in. I tried to make that work but I kept not being able to eat, only drink liquids. I was having regurgatation at night and not sleeping well at all. So I went in again and they took the rest of what they had put in that past Saturday. It feels so much better now and I can eat. I still can only eat a small amount but that is what I want. Hope you do well. If you are too tight, it's not worth it. Get them to take some out. Brenda B.

I have been PBing everything I take in, even Water at times. Last night I took my meds and on my way to sleep the whole works suddenly came up and seem to have gotten some of it in my lungs. If I am not better by tonight I will sleep sitting up. Luckily my nighttime meds put me to sleep.

When you first got that fill were you able to drink the water comfortably?

I have been PBing everything I take in, even Water at times. Last night I took my meds and on my way to sleep the whole works suddenly came up and seem to have gotten some of it in my lungs. If I am not better by tonight I will sleep sitting up. Luckily my nighttime meds put me to sleep.

When I first got the fill, I had to sip any liquids I took in. I PBd on anything. What ever I managed to take in wanted to come up in my throat at night and burn my throat and esophogas. I waited 3 hours after eating or drinking before going to bed too but it did not make any difference.

I've been reading you two girls that have had overfills. I feel like I do not have enough fill. My second fill was very small on tuesday and it seems like nothing has happened. I am starving. By the same token, I don't want to get an overfill and not be able to eat. I can eat anything I want except I just don't overeat or eat anything bad since I am soo hungry. It sure would be alot easier to keep loosing if I wasn't soo hungry. Anyway I suppose I will get there. I am doing so good with weight loss except it has slowed down. I just want a little help with hunger ya know. Anyway enough of that for now. Glad to hear everyone is doing well so far.

Beckyo

I've been reading you two girls that have had overfills. I feel like I do not have enough fill. My second fill was very small on tuesday and it seems like nothing has happened. I am starving. By the same token, I don't want to get an overfill and not be able to eat. I can eat anything I want except I just don't overeat or eat anything bad since I am soo hungry. It sure would be alot easier to keep loosing if I wasn't soo hungry. Anyway I suppose I will get there. I am doing so good with weight loss except it has slowed down. I just want a little help with hunger ya know. Anyway enough of that for now. Glad to hear everyone is doing well so far.

Beckyo

I got a little fill on thursday.....I ate a hamburger patty with no problems...then I ate a low fat cheese stick and I felt restriction. I would rather go slow too. Getting an overfill scares me. I did find eating hard Protein takes care of my hunger. I eat eggbeaters and they are low in calories and high in protein. Hang in there!

Got the post I just recently entered on fill forum:

I thought I'd let everyone know what can happen if you go too fast on solids after a fill.

I had a fill on Sept 16. I stayed on liquids that day and the end of the next. I was feeling so good that I ate some macarony & cheese late at night. One of my bedtime medicines seemed to burn or irritate a spot real low on my esphagus (because I had loaded up my pouch with food). The next day I PB'ed everything I ate. That spot on esphagus burns when food or Water touches it. For the last three days I can barely hold water down and I have medicine I need to take. Having a real hard time getting it down.

I figure it is stomach swelling is my problem and am going to ride this out. Clear Liquids now and Protein Drinks when I am able to hold the clear liquids down. broth is the only thing I can hold down.

I'm not going back to get an unfill. I will sweat out the clear liquid time and go slowly to Protein Drink.< /strong>

I have been PBing everything I take in, even water at times. Last night I took my meds and on my way to sleep the whole works suddenly came up and seem to have gotten some of it in my lungs. If I am not better by tonight I will sleep sitting up. Luckily my nighttime meds put me to sleep.

NM BRENDA - YOU ARE TOO TIGHT !!!! YOU CAN DAMAGE YOURSELF BEING TOO TIGHT - THAT REFULX CAN BURN YOUR STOMACH - GO GET A LITTLE TAKEN OUT...

I am no longer on any med's but when I was I always took them on an empty stomach in the morning so that they would go down and not sit in my pouch.

You should not be pbing on WATER :girl_hug:

Beckyo

I got a little fill on thursday.....I ate a hamburger patty with no problems...then I ate a low fat cheese stick and I felt restriction. I would rather go slow too. Getting an overfill scares me. I did find eating hard Protein takes care of my hunger. I eat eggbeaters and they are low in calories and high in protein. Hang in there!

Becky & Charlene - YOU DO NOT WANT TO BE TOO TIGHT... I know that you both have had to struggle to get restriction - but being to tight can cause problems - slow and easy - good choices - it will come..

Yippee!! I am no longer obese!!! Never thought I'd be happy to be overweight!

I remember moving into obese from severe obesity. Day by day, good choices and exercise, dedication and patience....we'll get there!

217/158/140

JB -- Congratulations!!! Overweight!! That is great news. You are a ROCK STAR!!

Thanks for all the nice words.

It is nice to hear them from others.

It is even nicer to hear them from those who truly understand (you!)

It's the best to say nice things to yourself.

Thanks for all the nice words.

It is nice to hear them from others.

It is even nicer to hear them from those who truly understand (you!)

It's the best to say nice things to yourself.

How true - Well said !!!!

:rolleyes2::thumbup::girl_hug::thumbup::girl_hug:

I have been having that same problem. I know I am not too tight.I can eat anything I want and hardly have to chew like I used to . I have to be really careful to take my meds early in the evening or I end up throwing up Water in my sleep. It's difficult because when I have back problems I need to take my muscle relaxer right before bed and I have to stay up awhile to make sure the water is not sitting in my stomach. I don't get it. Water should not be sitting in the pouch.

I had a small fill on Friday, 1cc. Well needed too...I was eating around 2 cups at a meal. way too much.. Not sure I feel anymore restriction yet, but I am taking it slow. Had 2 days in liquids and now a day of soft/mushie. Trying to get back to my routine, but having a tough timne. Starting physical therapy today for an interstitial tear in my ACL. Fun, right!!!!! Hope to fend off having any surgery.

WTG for everyone..

Good Monday Morning! I had a fabulous time this weekend up in the mountains. We were in Rocky Mountain Nat'l park and up at about 9,000 feet elevation. the last 2 years when we went I would get so winded doing any amount of walking. This year NOT!! I was so thrilled, my friend wanted to take a walk, there were tons of hillls. I was a little apprehensive but went and rarely did I get winded even. Last year I would wait so long to even walk up to the 'comfort station' and not drink so I wouldn't have to as I'd feel like I was going to pass out by the time I got there. Not a problem this year!! What a difference 63 lbs makes!! And actually doing some working out. This has so been worth it! We saw so many elk and even got to watch 2 bulls battle over a harem of girls. One bull tried to steal the other bull's ladies. But while he was trying to do that another bull snuck in and tried to steal his ladies (guess he didn't have enough at about 40) so he went racing back to protect his gals. And the bugling and cracking sound as they rammed their heads and antlers was amazing. A great relaxing time. For dinner we grilled wild Alaskan salmon over the campfire so very healthy there, I did have one 'smore though. And the best part of camping we then went to town and camped at the Holiday Inn. LOL And went back in the morning to say good bye to our friends.

Long2bThin - That sounds like a wonderful trip! And certainly so much more enjoyable given you could particpate more...that is just fabulous!

One 'smore is ok - it is all part of the experience, and it certainly isn't something you indulge in daily!

Hope you took some good pics.

Good Monday Morning! I had a fabulous time this weekend up in the mountains. We were in Rocky Mountain Nat'l park and up at about 9,000 feet elevation. the last 2 years when we went I would get so winded doing any amount of walking. This year NOT!! I was so thrilled, my friend wanted to take a walk, there were tons of hillls. I was a little apprehensive but went and rarely did I get winded even. Last year I would wait so long to even walk up to the 'comfort station' and not drink so I wouldn't have to as I'd feel like I was going to pass out by the time I got there. Not a problem this year!! What a difference 63 lbs makes!! And actually doing some working out. This has so been worth it! We saw so many elk and even got to watch 2 bulls battle over a harem of girls. One bull tried to steal the other bull's ladies. But while he was trying to do that another bull snuck in and tried to steal his ladies (guess he didn't have enough at about 40) so he went racing back to protect his gals. And the bugling and cracking sound as they rammed their heads and antlers was amazing. A great relaxing time. For dinner we grilled wild Alaskan salmon over the campfire so very healthy there, I did have one 'smore though. And the best part of camping we then went to town and camped at the Holiday Inn. LOL And went back in the morning to say good bye to our friends.

Sounds like you had an awesome time. I am looking forward to being 60lbs lighter. I am trying to follow your lead.:cry_smile:

When I first got the fill, I had to sip any liquids I took in. I PBd on anything. What ever I managed to take in wanted to come up in my throat at night and burn my throat and esophogas. I waited 3 hours after eating or drinking before going to bed too but it did not make any difference.

Your experience sounds just like mine.

Am I correct that you went in for an unfill? I'm hoping to last this out as it is a super weight loss oportunity. And I think that with some weight loss the band will loosen up. I also wonder if what I am experiencing is stomach swelling.