Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey 50 & over gang We have a new spot

Those who are TOOO tight. Do you get fills with a floroscope there or just the doctor - no xray? I had my banding in a hospital program so they use the imaging center for every fill. I think it helps so much. We all watch as I take a drink after the salines in and sometimes it just sits in the pouch. SO the doc can pull a little out and we do it until it's moving. I wanted to be a little on the tight side this time round (I can only take a little in the band at a time) so we went with slower movement through the band, but it was really my choice. The beauty is seeing it move and talking it through with the doctor. I'm very restricted now...but never brought up Water. Did liquids (slow intake) two days. Now I'm on mushies and soft. It goes through better at night, so I have a little fish and pureed Soup or mashed potato (pureed). And Protein Drinks if food is too hard during the day. It will loosen up in a week or so but it's good for now....I needed to get off a plateau. Again, using the floroscope may help you to not be tooo tight. Good luck.

Gwen - My doc does blind fills - and really when I went for my last in January I was able to drink the water and then they gave me a pt drink - had no problems - but in a day or 2 it settled and omg - awful could barely drink coffee in the morning and I must have my coffee. Took most out - really I only needed a tweak - I sometimes think that fills can be more physicological help than physical - that last fill was like .01 or .02 I can't remember - and even now when I can eat 2 cups of slider foods - I think I need a fill- but but in all honesty I don't -

How could I possibly be too tight when I can eat bread pizza (but I don't)

or any food I could possibly want?

I don't get why my problem is just when I am sleeping. I am taking my meds earlier now, but last night i was coughing again. I don't know what's going on.

Hugs GF don't have an answer I only take pills on a totally empty stomach never after I have eaten a nd I think only once did I every wake up with the reflux at nite..

Hi everyone! I have a few questions... regarding acronyms - what is PBing, and what is HD - or was it DH (when referring to a spouse I assume)? Had my LB on Aug. 6th, first fill Sept. 16th. Noticed a difference right away, but doing well. I think I read about foaming - happened to me tonight for the first time. My hubby and I went to dinner at a Chinese place - hadn't eaten much but all of a sudden it was in my throat and I made the mistake of trying to wash it down with water. Thank goodness I made it to the bathroom as the water wanted back out. Finally excused myself and went to the car and brought it home. Either the broccoli was too hard and I didn't chew it well enough or the little bit of rice stuck. What a scary feeling tho.. Oh, I don't know how to set up those cute weight loss lines either. Is there a place I can go to become more "savvy" I'm down 35 and feeling great. Everything is big on me. Yay!! Many sizes to grow into... Thank you for any help you can provide!

Lory

Lory - I would offer to get you a ticker - but another member can't do stuff on your profile - I will look for the section that gives you directions so you can have a ticker too - it can take a couple trys before it takes

No water as you have learned - it makes it worse - Congrats on your 35 lbs that's GREAT :drool:

Hi everyone,

It's been a long long time since I've been online. Had a run of bad luck the past 2 months. My dad passed away in August and my husband has been in the hospital for 6 weeks, but I now have him home and under Hospice care. I know that my faith and strength is being tested, but so far I'm hangin in there. I have my kids and grands but I've really missed my lapband family, Phil, Janet, Denise and all the oldies, but I'm back.....

Everyone is really doing great!!! And lots of newbies... I've been reading everyones success stories and it really gave me the lift I needed. Promise to check in more often. Congrats to all!!!

Teresa

Teresa - Oh I am so sorry about your DH and for the loss of your Dad :rolleyes2: Prayers & good thoughts to help you get thru this terrible time -

We are here for you anytime !!!!!

Hi

Wow, didn't read the threads for a few days, and looks like lots of "oldtimers" have checked back in ...kinda like back from vacation for the summer? Hope you'all don't mind us new-comers!! We sure learn a lot from those of you with experience.

I'm getting a fill in a couple weeks - and I think I need one - but sure don't want to get too tight. Sounds miserable. However, at this point, I don't have to chew well, can eat just about anything again. Ate an entire rueben sandwich the other day, and birthday cake, etc, etc., so I'm sure that I can handle a fill! Although some days, things like drier meats don't slide down quite so easy. I've slipped away from the good slow eating - hope my next fill takes me back a bit to the days of getting full on 1/2 cup! I suppose that's too much to expect?

Lizalee - We were all newbies once :wink: Heck Denise is the only one still posting from when I joined in 5/07... Phyl, Peaches & I are Lucky #7's (all banded in 7/07)..

A whole ruben - ya girl you need a fill - that's for sure...

As you know even with good restriction your band doesn't make your food choices -

Hi everyone, just trying out some new profile stuff. Took me forever to figure out how to find the ticker page and hopefully I've copy and pasted it where it belongs. I want a cute profile like ya'll have! lol
Hi all tonight. First of all Theresa, so sorry to hear about your dad and hope your husband is doing okay! You guys all talk about eating half cup at a meal. Last night I ate a ribeye steak, mixed vegetables and a baked potato. Even though I am still loosing, I have to eat to feel full. I have had one fill of 1.2cc and second was was .5cc. Neither one seemed to do a thing but I am working hard on my own to control my amounts of food and I am exercising alot. I hope I get to that spot eventually where I am not so hungry. I can eat a full bowl of thick chilli with no problem. But then I am satisfied. I dont know, it works differently on each of us but I will keep going until I get it right.

Beckyo:tt1:

Becky- you are like me - you need to feel full - eat hard protiens first and it should help til yo get your next fill

Thank you for your help... Teresa, will keep you in my prayers... so sorry for your loss. Had hospice for both my parents, became a volunteer myself as they were so helpful. Wish I could pay someone to fix my profile! lol Good luck everyone!

Lory

Lory - do you have any kids who have myspace profiles they can help after I finish this post - I will get the link and come back and post it for you - just keep trying - till you get it - it's sorta like the band - you just gotta keep at those new good eating habit for them to work :lol:

Lory

Here you go

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f5/ticker-tutorial-pictures-41782/

click on the pics and they become readable...

Good luck - just keep trying it will work - it took me a few time :00

hey

haven't posted in a while. been making curtains and pillows for my furniture.

how do you get a picture under your picture. I tried and it said it didn't work

hey

haven't posted in a while. been making curtains and pillows for my furniture.

how do you get a picture under your picture. I tried and it said it didn't work

Hit reply - scroll down to manage attachements click on that - then hit browse - pick pic - then hit up load - close window then submit..

Hi, I had my second fill yesterday and had lost 6 lbs in the two weeks between my 1st and 2nd. :rolleyes2: I was so surprised. I am going to have to purchase a new scales, any suggestions. My scales had only shown a 2 lb lost and they are not digital. I was weighed at 9 am by my exercise therapist and again at 10:30 by the PA who does the fills under floroscope. They both had digital type scales and both showed the same weight. On my 1st fill she put 3 cc in my 10cc band and I did have restriction, yesterday she put in 1.3cc. I hope I am able to eat later today as I can start soft food. I think I am going to be like Indio and not require a lot of fills as I PB'd and slimed with the 1st one. We are all so different, it is amazing to me how each is affected differently by fills and food.

Edited by BeverlyDiane

Hi, I had my second fill yesterday and had lost 6 lbs in the two weeks between my 1st and 2nd. :girl_hug: I was so surprised. I am going to have to purchase a new scales, any suggestions. My scales had only shown a 2 lb lost and they are not digital. I was weighed at 9 am by my exercise therapist and again at 10:30 by the PA who does the fills under floroscope. They both had digital type scales and both showed the same weight. On my 1st fill she put 3 cc in my 10cc band and I did have restriction, yesterday she put in 1.3cc. I hope I am able to eat later today as I can start soft food. I think I am going to be like Indio and not require a lot of fills as I PB'd and slimed with the 1st one. We are all so different, it is amazing to me how each is affected differently by fills and food.

I am happy that you are lucky like me and have restriction right away :thumbup:

Restriction - as of now looks like this last fill is creating more restriction. Today for lunch i ate 3 small meatballs and was "full", last time I at 5 meatballs-that was a few weeks ago.

I am relearning how to determine time to stop eating. I am eating a bit too much most of the time stil, but am getting better.....It seems with each fill you have to relearn your guidelines..

I'll weigh myself Friday and see if I am finally losing again..

After most of my fills I have felt restriction right away as well, in fact on 2 of them thought maybe I was too tight. My problem is it doesn't last long but each time it is lasting longer. The nurse told me I am probably losing that fat layer between my band and stomach and that loosens the band. She always withdraws the Fluid that's in there to be sure it's all still there and it is, so I know it hasn't leaked anywhere. I have lost well between them too. But think I am going to ask for #5 today when I go in for my gall bladder post op check as it seems to be loosening up again. I'd rather do it with this appt than have to go in and pay for another visit. I'm hoping just to get a half or quarter cc if they give them that small.

At night I take my progesterone, and I have to take Milk Thistle for my liver. My sleep meds are either Ambien or Seroquel !

I too take seroquil,300mg. I think it is what is causing the problem, it does taste horrid and burns. I've dropped how much i take down to 150mg. Last night I tried to take the seroquil extra early and in 15 minutes I had this intense need to sleep. I could feel the icky medicine/water feeling in my stomach so I slept almost sitting up. That worked. Nothing came up.

Diane - Nice to hear the fills are working for you. I was able to move up my second fill to next week. I'm excited because right now I have absolutely no restriction and it's hard to maintain control.

Kathy

Hi! Thank you so much for all of your help. I do have MySpace (because my grown girls kept posting the pictures I longed to see there).... My site is boring though - one daughter is in Germany with her military DH and my other is in college down-state. We're empty nesters... My DH has lost 22 pounds since I began my journey. He's so helpful and supportive. I'm sooooo lucky!!! Thank you again! Oh, how do you like my ticker?

This is a test..

Oh no!! I didn't study! :confused::smile::)

I had my dr appt this afternoon with my surgeon. I am healing up great now from the gall bladder. THE RASH IS GONE!!! It's about time, it took forever as new spots kept breaking out but each time the new spot got smaller and smaller. He wants me back in 8 weeks. He gave me a fill today, I got 1cc. I had mushies for dinner and can have solids again tomorrow. I was down 7 lbs since my last visit and he wanted me down 6 so I got a bonus pound!! He said I was doing great. I was almost at 50% of my excess body weight lost already and that is the average for one year and I am just over 3 mos out. Also, I may begin volunteering in the bariatric program and for his seminars once a month. How cool is that??? They made me feel so good, gave me a bad time about my baggy pants. It was hot out today and I wore capris and am not about to buy new ones this late in the season, though we are expecting 90's tomorrow.

Editing to add: I guess I like your ticker FiesyLory, I had changed mine today and it's the same. Great minds must think a like!

Edited by Great2BThin

Hi Longin', I guess great minds do think alike. I loved the turkeys with the pumpkin. I thought they were festive for the season. Good job on the weight loss. My surgeon will not tell his patients how many cc's he's putting in - he feels "people are to obsessive about cc numbers." I don't know how much I got for my first fill, but I definitely can tell a difference. Yay!!!