Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey 50 & over gang We have a new spot

At night I take my progesterone, and I have to take Milk Thistle for my liver. My sleep meds are either Ambien or Seroquel and I take a muscle relaxer flexaril. I sound like a druggie. Honest, if I didn't take a sleep med I would not sleep. And my back is really messed up so that is why I take the flexaril. I have been taking the milk thistle early but the ones to go to sleep, I have to take at bedtime. It's a problem.

Phyllis, I wish I could have seen you while you were in the area!

Tried to respond to this yesterday & I got bumped off line. I think I read somewhere that the Milk Thistle could upset your stomach. Could be that.

We are in your area every fall & spring on our way/way back... so maybe in the spring we can get together.

Restriction - as of now looks like this last fill is creating more restriction. Today for lunch i ate 3 small meatballs and was "full", last time I at 5 meatballs-that was a few weeks ago.

I am relearning how to determine time to stop eating. I am eating a bit too much most of the time stil, but am getting better.....It seems with each fill you have to relearn your guidelines..

I'll weigh myself Friday and see if I am finally losing again..

Lynn - isn't is great to see yourself eating less - Can't wait for your Friday results - Should be good...

Diane - Nice to hear the fills are working for you. I was able to move up my second fill to next week. I'm excited because right now I have absolutely no restriction and it's hard to maintain control.

Kathy

Kathy - My 2nd fill got me to my sweet spot- so good thoughts that yours will too

Hi! Thank you so much for all of your help. I do have MySpace (because my grown girls kept posting the pictures I longed to see there).... My site is boring though - one daughter is in Germany with her military DH and my other is in college down-state. We're empty nesters... My DH has lost 22 pounds since I began my journey. He's so helpful and supportive. I'm sooooo lucky!!! Thank you again! Oh, how do you like my ticker?

Lory - I have a myspace too - but it take too much work to get it all set up - my gs (who lives with me) has one that is all decorated music etc. I spend all my time here so I don't have time to fool with it.. Glad you got your ticker going and that you have a great DH...

Love your ticker - Glad that you got it figured out...

Oh no!! I didn't study! :confused::smile::)

I had my dr appt this afternoon with my surgeon. I am healing up great now from the gall bladder. THE RASH IS GONE!!! It's about time, it took forever as new spots kept breaking out but each time the new spot got smaller and smaller. He wants me back in 8 weeks. He gave me a fill today, I got 1cc. I had mushies for dinner and can have solids again tomorrow. I was down 7 lbs since my last visit and he wanted me down 6 so I got a bonus pound!! He said I was doing great. I was almost at 50% of my excess body weight lost already and that is the average for one year and I am just over 3 mos out. Also, I may begin volunteering in the bariatric program and for his seminars once a month. How cool is that??? They made me feel so good, gave me a bad time about my baggy pants. It was hot out today and I wore capris and am not about to buy new ones this late in the season, though we are expecting 90's tomorrow.

Editing to add: I guess I like your ticker FiesyLory, I had changed mine today and it's the same. Great minds must think a like!

Lori

HOW FANTASTIC - MY JEDI WARRIOR 4_7_13.gif

You are doing so great 23_28_11.gif

50% of your excess weight in 3 months..36_1_75.gif

Being asked to speak at his seminars

you will be a great example on how to work your band... 23_28_107.gif

Hi Longin', I guess great minds do think alike. I loved the turkeys with the pumpkin. I thought they were festive for the season. Good job on the weight loss. My surgeon will not tell his patients how many cc's he's putting in - he feels "people are to obsessive about cc numbers." I don't know how much I got for my first fill, but I definitely can tell a difference. Yay!!!

Lory - I agree with your doctor - I remember asking the older timer in the beginning why everyone was so concerned on how much was in their bands - heck I only cared that it work - The only reason I know is that when I got my last fill he told me he put in 1 cc - but then had to take .08 out - I think I have 5 even - but not sure - don't care to tell the truth...

Tried to respond to this yesterday & I got bumped off line. I think I read somewhere that the Milk Thistle could upset your stomach. Could be that.

We are in your area every fall & spring on our way/way back... so maybe in the spring we can get together.

Hey Phyl

How the visit w/your Sis going. Hope you are enjoying your time with her..

sig.jsp?pc=[object Object]&pp=ZKxdm005YYUS

Hello,

I was banded on 9th June 08 and I have the same feeling and the only way it is resolved is to throw up either voluntarily or forced. Horrible either way. I have to train myself to eat before I'm at the starving stage and eat slower even then. By the way, what is PB? I'm from Perth Western australia.

Hi Katy, thank you for writing, and good luck to you! PB (I learned last night) means productive burping. I ate a little too much and tried to wash it down with Water, which came right back up. Someone recommended pineapple juice as it helps wash it down. I may try that. Feel free to ask more questions as they come along, though I'm still learning. I just got my "ticker" on today (the weight loss count-down). There are neat instructions that I hadn't seen, and people here are so helpful too!!!

Hi FeistyLori,

Thanks for the information re-pineapple juice. I'll try it. I had a feeling the PB was Public Burping which is soooo embarrasing and loud. Why is it called Progressive Burping? Is it because with each burp a little more food goes down? Strange.

Productive burp. basically throwing up but not with all the stomach acid. It's what you have just had to eat that can't go through the band so it comes up.

I too take seroquil,300mg. I think it is what is causing the problem, it does taste horrid and burns. I've dropped how much i take down to 150mg. Last night I tried to take the seroquil extra early and in 15 minutes I had this intense need to sleep. I could feel the icky medicine/water feeling in my stomach so I slept almost sitting up. That worked. Nothing came up.

Thank you Sunshine. I only take 50 mg but there are nights that I have no problems. I take Ambien half the time. My dr. will only give me 14 Ambien per month. I don't know why he prefers the Seroquel the other nights. Now that I think about it, I sleep better with Ambien and don't have that problem.

Hi Longin', I guess great minds do think alike. I loved the turkeys with the pumpkin. I thought they were festive for the season. Good job on the weight loss. My surgeon will not tell his patients how many cc's he's putting in - he feels "people are to obsessive about cc numbers." I don't know how much I got for my first fill, but I definitely can tell a difference. Yay!!!

I totally let the dr. and nurse figure out how much of a fill to give me. They have me fill out a questionaire each visit as to the quanity I eat, how often, how long I am full etc. I guess I just like to know the numbers, but don't get too concerned if others seem to have a different amount as we are all different and therefore there are different sizes of bands etc. I've even heard of folks losing and getting to goal weight with no fills at all.

Good visit with my sis, except they monopolized my Wii!! DH set it up the first night we were there and i did get to used it a little, but nephews & BIL wanted to bowl, box, golf, play tennis!! Second night I didn't get to use it at all!! Now at DS for a few days. Will move on further south next Tuesday. Certainly enjoying the nice warm temps here in bay area!!

Hi AThinnerDenise,

My banded stomach must be huge then if that's the case. It sounds awful but I bring up heaps. Sorry for the gross subject. My surgeon says not to eat after 6.30pm to stop the reflux and gas but that's not possible in this household. I don't finish work until 6pm.

Thank you Sunshine. I only take 50 mg but there are nights that I have no problems. I take Ambien half the time. My dr. will only give me 14 Ambien per month. I don't know why he prefers the Seroquel the other nights. Now that I think about it, I sleep better with Ambien and don't have that problem.

I also take Clonozapam at bedtime which is a controlled drug. It has nothing like the power Seroquil has to knock you out. I asked my pharmasist why was Clonozapam and not Seroquil a controled drug and he said that Clonozapam can become addictive but not Seroquil. Ambien must also be addictive like Clonozapam abd that is why your doc will only give you 14 a month but prefers the Seroquil instead.

BTW my psychiatrist feels that treatment of my manic phase is more important than addiction.

I am leaving in a few hours to go to Colorado Springs for the weekend, but before I go pack I had to come here and report I hit 65 today!!! :crying::w00t::D:w00t::D:w00t::blush: That was a 2 lb loss since my fill yesterday. I just ate my first solid protien since my fill yesterday and it went down fine, can definitely feel the better restriction so am glad I got it. Plus they didn't charge me!! Was all considered part of the gall bladder post op!! Even better!! 'Talk' to you all when I get back! have a great weekend!

Hi Katydid, it's called productive because a little bit of food (or Water in my case) comes up. I know what you mean about the belching thing - I try to be so careful because it does feel good to release that gas, but I think I'd die of embarassment if somebody heard me! lol

Here's a question. I eat slowly--very slowly. And I can eat quite a bit over about an hour. Am I supposed to stop eating when my pouch feels full? Or, if my food is passing through my pouch into my stomach fast enough to eat a lot of food in an hour--is my band not tight enough? I am due for my 2nd fill in 2 weeks. Sometimes my band is really tight. If I eat too fast or too large of bites; I PB. Unfortunately, I know how to hack it right up because that happens too often. I have to focus so hard when I dine with others. And I can't allow myself to get too hungry. My fill center is a 6 hour round trip drive so I don't want to go if I really don't need a fill. She does use flouro. How do you know if you are at the sweet spot?

Here's a question. I eat slowly--very slowly. And I can eat quite a bit over about an hour. Am I supposed to stop eating when my pouch feels full? Or, if my food is passing through my pouch into my stomach fast enough to eat a lot of food in an hour--is my band not tight enough? I am due for my 2nd fill in 2 weeks. Sometimes my band is really tight. If I eat too fast or too large of bites; I PB. Unfortunately, I know how to hack it right up because that happens too often. I have to focus so hard when I dine with others. And I can't allow myself to get too hungry. My fill center is a 6 hour round trip drive so I don't want to go if I really don't need a fill. She does use flouro. How do you know if you are at the sweet spot?

The guidelines I was given was to stop eating at the first sign of the pouch feeling full. Also, each meal was to take no longer than about 20 min. So with those guidelines I'd say you needed a fill as you are probably eating too much over an hours period of time or if your pouch never really feels full enough to prompt you to stop. But that is just going by my guidelines, I know dr's do vary. I just got a fill yesterday because I was able to eat more than I was supposed to. However, if I ate fast or too big of bites I would still get stuck but I wasn't getting full for very long. I was hungry an hour after eating. And they said I should feel satisfied for 3 hours.