Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey 50 & over gang We have a new spot

Welcome and congats to all the new bandsters, this is an awsome site.

I was banded in june of 08 and I just hit Onderland, whoohoo! I sat at 203-205 for about 4 weeks and I finally moved off the 200 mark. I now have lost more than I need to lose. I would really love to be at goal by june, but, we'll see. I guess it doesn't make any difference when I get there, just that i do get there.

Welcome and congats to all the new bandsters, this is an awsome site.

I was banded in june of 08 and I just hit Onderland, whoohoo! I sat at 203-205 for about 4 weeks and I finally moved off the 200 mark. I now have lost more than I need to lose. I would really love to be at goal by june, but, we'll see. I guess it doesn't make any difference when I get there, just that i do get there.

Congratulations on hitting "ONDERLAND"~~!!!

I so look forward to that day. It's probably been about 30+ years since I've been there!

I have about 25 lb to hit that mark!

You are doing GREAT!!

Hi everyone. I don't post here often, but I read the posts and I'm very encouraged by everyone's progress. I'm finally going in the right direction myself and my band is becoming my friend. I'm really learning how to use my tool and I've lost over 2# in the last week.

But I have a question -- I can eat almost anything. But I'm sticking to the 2/3-1 cup portions. What's really strange (to me) is that the first couple bites (of anything except Soup -- which doesn't count) seem to get stuck. If it's not liquid, the first couple bites just sit there for a moment. I slime and PB. I've even thrown up a couple times ;) (sorry, but I want to be specific so you all with more experience can answer me). After I sit for a couple moments, and the discomfort goes away, the food starts going down and I'm fine and continue eating to the 2/3-1 cup is gone.

It's almost like I can feel me esophogus contracting and trying to push it into my pouch. I don't know if that makes sense. But is there anything I can do to skip those uncomfortable pains & slime with each meal???

They call that first bite syndrome. I have no idea why that happens. The only thing you can do is but whatever you're eating into pencil eraser sized bites and chew it up until it's liquid in your mouth. I used to kind of make a game out of it.

How much more can I possibly chew this? Make sure you wait to see how it's sitting before taking the next bite.

Hi All,

I'm just trying to stay warm today. It's been snowing this morning - not very much, but cold and damp. Like many of you I am having trouble staying warm these days. Odd- I have not lost much weight, but feeling the loss of insulation already.

Today is my weigh-in day. I am down 22 pounds officially as of today - that is a 3 pound loss since my fill last Friday. It actually showed up earlier this week (but we don't count it till the official weigh-in day on Friday!!), so I was expectant, hopeful, and happy to see it this morning. DH and I went grocery shopping yesterday and I carried one of the bags into the house - have you noticed the "green" fabric bags hold a lot more than the little plastic ones? I didn't think I would make it up those few stairs into the kitchen. Once there I asked DH to lift the bag and guess at its weight. He estimated about 20 pounds. WOW. That's about what I've lost - hard to believe I could tell that difference so soon! To all of you who have lost 95-100 pounds and more - no wonder you feel so much better. You probably could not even lift the weight you have lost, much less carry it around with you all day every day. And for all of us - keep working at this! It will absolutely be worth all your hard work when you think of the healthy life you will be enjoying.

Everyone is doing so well. I love this site and all the support and encouragement you all give to me.

I'm down in Palm Desert -- DH and I have a condo here and we come down about once a month for a week during the winter. Sorry all of you that are freezing -- it's about 80 here and we're playing golf this afternoon.

That being said, I find it's harder to adhere to the bandster guidelines here than at home. So I'm going to re-commit for the duration of our time here (until next Tuesday) so that I show some further weight loss when I get home.

Everyone is doing so well. I love this site and all the support and encouragement you all give to me.

I'm down in Palm Desert -- DH and I have a condo here and we come down about once a month for a week during the winter. Sorry all of you that are freezing -- it's about 80 here and we're playing golf this afternoon.

That being said, I find it's harder to adhere to the bandster guidelines here than at home. So I'm going to re-commit for the duration of our time here (until next Tuesday) so that I show some further weight loss when I get home.

Good for you! Just take your time and eat plenty of Protein - play golf and have fun! Be good to yourself, you deserve it!

Well, Hi, Neighbor!

We're "snowbirds" from WA state staying in an RV park on Dillon Rd, Desert Hot Springs.

7_6_1.gif

My new fill is doing well for me. I definitely have to be more careful what I eat, but no PB's and only minor sliming twice in the week since I got it. Meal sizes have shrunk a bit. Life is good.

I stepped on the scale after a couple of days off it, and I was feeling like I was retaining Water (puffy fingers),so I thought I might show a gain. But I'm down another pound. :-) What a nice surprise.

Hi everyone. I don't post here often, but I read the posts and I'm very encouraged by everyone's progress. I'm finally going in the right direction myself and my band is becoming my friend. I'm really learning how to use my tool and I've lost over 2# in the last week.

But I have a question -- I can eat almost anything. But I'm sticking to the 2/3-1 cup portions. What's really strange (to me) is that the first couple bites (of anything except Soup -- which doesn't count) seem to get stuck. If it's not liquid, the first couple bites just sit there for a moment. I slime and PB. I've even thrown up a couple times :yikes: (sorry, but I want to be specific so you all with more experience can answer me). After I sit for a couple moments, and the discomfort goes away, the food starts going down and I'm fine and continue eating to the 2/3-1 cup is gone.

It's almost like I can feel me esophogus contracting and trying to push it into my pouch. I don't know if that makes sense. But is there anything I can do to skip those uncomfortable pains & slime with each meal???

I found that sometimes I do the same thing, I find if I don't have enough Fluid between meals this happens or If I don't chew my first bites enough.

Hi All,

I'm just trying to stay warm today. It's been snowing this morning - not very much, but cold and damp. Like many of you I am having trouble staying warm these days. Odd- I have not lost much weight, but feeling the loss of insulation already.

Today is my weigh-in day. I am down 22 pounds officially as of today - that is a 3 pound loss since my fill last Friday. It actually showed up earlier this week (but we don't count it till the official weigh-in day on Friday!!), so I was expectant, hopeful, and happy to see it this morning. DH and I went grocery shopping yesterday and I carried one of the bags into the house - have you noticed the "green" fabric bags hold a lot more than the little plastic ones? I didn't think I would make it up those few stairs into the kitchen. Once there I asked DH to lift the bag and guess at its weight. He estimated about 20 pounds. WOW. That's about what I've lost - hard to believe I could tell that difference so soon! To all of you who have lost 95-100 pounds and more - no wonder you feel so much better. You probably could not even lift the weight you have lost, much less carry it around with you all day every day. And for all of us - keep working at this! It will absolutely be worth all your hard work when you think of the healthy life you will be enjoying.

Hi JoannMarie,

Congratulations. You have done sooo well. Good on you:thumbup:.

My band was emptied on Tuesday because of all the discomfort, pb'ing and wind (burping) and yet I am still having the same problems.

I had a sleepover in hospital last night as my doctor thought it was time for a review of my sleep aponea due to my weight loss. All I had to eat through the day was a slice of watermelon, chewed totally and cold drinks (42 degrees C = 107.6 degrees F yesterday) to avoid pb'ing through the night. Didn't work. At 2.10 am up it came. Luckily I had a bag next to me just in case because I couldn't go anywhere attached to all the wires.

I have no idea what's up with me. Who would think you could bring up well chewed seedless watermelon after 9 hours. I certainly did.

Best wishes.

My understanding is the cold drinks can make you tighter and warm ones tend to make you looser. Maybe try sipping something warm? broth or Soup without lumps?

Hi orea15,

A technician made a warm milo for me in hospital last night. I had three sips and had to leave it as the discomfort was so bad. It was as if I'd pushed a three course meal down. Absolutely ridiculous I know but that's how it felt and I was burping continually afterwards.

The heat being what it is here at the moment, a hot or warm drink is the last thing on my mind but I do understand what you mean, thank you. I appreciate any help with this problem as I'm beginning to think that maybe my surgeon doesn't even know.

Best wishes.