Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey 50 & over gang We have a new spot

Indiogirl, You are an excellent motivator, teacher and trainer! Wow this post motivated to assure my success. I was just banded this past Friday and on the full liquid diet.< /p>

This site is excellent because you all who post are great supporters for everyone. I feel this site is one of my blessings.

Toy

Edited by Toyster

Thank you, one and all, for the kicks! I needed that.

You are all correct. I was thinking about that today at work...I just always think to be a good mom, I have to have treats for the family. That's how I was brought up. Perhaps there is a part of me that secretly plans this so I can have them... Meanwhile, my DD is putting on weight too, and we could use a change here. Wouldn't hurt DH either, though he's lost a little weight with all the work he's been doing in the past month (building stuff, all the heavy lifiting).

I am a master at rationalizing things...as many of us are!

Today was better than yesterday, but I wasn't perfect. I always want to be perfect, and of course, it's hard to be perfect, so then I rationalize being 'bad." I've really slipped into my former lifestyle, and I don't like it at all.

You are all 100% correct on the Protein Bars. They need to go. They aren't helping me. I've begun to depend on them because they are sweet. I used to think it would help me to keep my hair....easy way to get Protein, but they are way too many calories. And my hair is still thin!

I used to eat lunchmeat...but that always seems to get stuck. While I THINK I actually am hungry...perhaps you're right, I'm not.

I will plan my meals right now for tomorrow. I've got a chicken ready to roast for tomorrow's supper. And the treats I made yesterday, I packed up and froze, which helps me avoid them. (Out of sight, out of mind)

OK, tomorrow is another day.

I have to figure out what I'm going to eat.... I remember once Indio, I think it was you, that said you 'forgot' to eat supper once. I wish I could put food out of my mind, but it's always there calling me. I tell myself - good grief, there is plenty of it, I don't need to worry -- but I have a hard time forgetting out it.

OK, no more excuses! YOu're right. I can do this! :-)

Good Evening from the Ocala National Forest! Was a beautiful day here. 70 degrees. DH and I are having the time of our lives. We have traveled a lot throughout our years together (have spent a total of 3 mo in Australia) and we are voting the things we have done so far to rank right up there. Went to Mt. Dora today. Beautiful drive and quaint town. All kinds of little specialty shops. Didn't buy a thing except coffee and ice cream (planned treat) but loved all the shops. I bet we put on five miles or more. DH (who is extremely fit) had a tough time keeping up with me...he has 30" inseam...me 35".

Tomorrow heading to Jacksonville to see son. He's pulling duty for Air Guards for a week. DH has not seen him for over a year. Longest ever without him. I flew in to see him in July.

Hope those that are struggling can get back on track. It is sooooooooooo very important to shut down the bad habits a.s.a.p.! Those habits will play games with your mind and make you feel like you are failing. You can do it. Jump in with both feet. When I was tempted, I would jump on the treadmill and work extra hard. I wasn't going to lose what I worked for and was not tempted by the time I was done exercising. I try to keep Protein in my purse. Beef Jerky, protein bars (which can be addicting so I only keep one in case of emergencies). SF pudding and jello...100 popcorn, fruit. I also keep a raw homemade stewed Tomato type dish in the frig at all times. Chop tomatoes, onion, cilantro, hot or mild pepper and add a good protion of Mrs. Dash. Will hold you over in pinch. I am certainly not trying to come off as perfect. I have my struggles just like the rest of you. Just suggestions. Goal feels so good and I want all of you to experience it. I feel like you are all my sisters and we are all pulling for each other. I know I couldn't have done this without the support I have gotten from this thread and a few others.

You all have a good evening. I am in my jammies and ready to make some popcorn and finish a book. Life is good.

Apples, my grandma is very near Mt Dora, we've walked those shops many times. her mailing address is Taveres though. So close yet so far away.

Lizalee, sounds like you are getting yourself back on track, GOOD JOB!!

WOW! You all are the best---I am really reved up to do the right thing with my band. I have had a rough 2 months and I have not concentrated on my food intake too much. It is time to start taking care of me again. I no longer can use my rough times as an excuse to eat all the wrong things.

Thank You Girls---Start working on another lecture for us when we get weak. When we start wandering, please bring us back home. I just have to say it again--You all are the BEST!

LOVE, MiMi

I have a hard time with eggs and any type of bread product. The things I miss the most are sandwiches and pizza. I mourn for them, but I am certainly happier with weight loss and if I have to continue to mourn the loss I will.

At my last fill which is always done under fluoro, my PA said my pouch had enlarged a little. Of course I freaked, and she said it was nothing to worry about and on a scale of 1-10 with 10 the largest, it was a 2. I told her I had been PBing still trying to find some Protein I could eat besides fish. She said to go on liquids for 2 days and eat really small meals after that ( 1 cup at the most) and she would check it again at the end of the month. Has anyone experienced this yet? What did you do and did it work? Wendy said if it didn't revert she could do a complete unfill for a month or more. This idea scares me to death as I picture uncontrollable eating and weight gain. Help!

Bev - Since my doc doesn't do fluor and I haven't had a fill since last January - I don't know if my pouch is stretched - don't even know what the symptoms of a stretched pouch are... They have a five day pouch test - which is suppose to bring it back to it's normal size - Phyl has done it - google 5 day pouch test - we learned about it at the one support group I went to ..

To me if you can't eat hard protein - you could be just too tight - My doc wants me to eat regular food to get my protein - not shakes or Protein Bar (that was only in the beginning) he wants us to have real food - there are 7 grms of pt in 1 oz of meat - and I am lucky I can eat chicken - pork - steak - the meat just has to be tender.. I can eat pizza and sandwich bread too - I haven't tried like a sub or anything - doubt I could do that much bread..

Indiogirl, You are an excellent motivator, teacher and trainer! Wow this post motivated to assure my success. I was just banded this past Friday and on the full liquid diet.

This site is excellent because you all who post are great supporters for everyone. I feel this site is one of my blessings.

Toy

Toy Thanks for the props - and congrats on being banded - the next few weeks will be a hard "bandster hell" when you are hungry to chew food and are still on liquids - but #1 follow your doc's order - your band is healing and you must do what he/she has told you... Homemade Soups will get you thru the liquid stage they are so much better than the canned stuff - make a pot of Beans - pinto navy whatever you like - after they have cooked take the beans out - put then in the blender - puree them add them back to the broth - cream of bean Soup - it's was my life saver...

Yes it's possible for 50+ pple to lose 100+ in 1 yr with the band - I am not typical as most commercial have that disclaimer - but it is possible - I am just a fat chick who understands how we all feel and not afraid to put it out there - you all have the same feeling as me - I've made the same excuses as all of you - heck - I had myself convinced that I was happy at 250 lbs -Hell No I wasn't happy - I was in total denial - how can you be happy when all you did was sleep and eat your weekends away - how can you be happy when just going to the mall for a few hours was killing your feet or that you would break out sweating from trying on clothes - I am talking sweating like you do when you exercise...- we are more alike than you will every know - once stories start spillling out - you will say - Oh that's just like me..

So GF welcome to LBT - It's a great place for support and freindships...

Thank you, one and all, for the kicks! I needed that.

You are all correct. I was thinking about that today at work...I just always think to be a good mom, I have to have treats for the family. That's how I was brought up. Perhaps there is a part of me that secretly plans this so I can have them... Meanwhile, my DD is putting on weight too, and we could use a change here. Wouldn't hurt DH either, though he's lost a little weight with all the work he's been doing in the past month (building stuff, all the heavy lifiting).

I am a master at rationalizing things...as many of us are!

Today was better than yesterday, but I wasn't perfect. I always want to be perfect, and of course, it's hard to be perfect, so then I rationalize being 'bad." I've really slipped into my former lifestyle, and I don't like it at all.

You are all 100% correct on the Protein Bars. They need to go. They aren't helping me. I've begun to depend on them because they are sweet. I used to think it would help me to keep my hair....easy way to get protein, but they are way too many calories. And my hair is still thin!

I used to eat lunchmeat...but that always seems to get stuck. While I THINK I actually am hungry...perhaps you're right, I'm not.

I will plan my meals right now for tomorrow. I've got a chicken ready to roast for tomorrow's supper. And the treats I made yesterday, I packed up and froze, which helps me avoid them. (Out of sight, out of mind)

OK, tomorrow is another day.

I have to figure out what I'm going to eat.... I remember once Indio, I think it was you, that said you 'forgot' to eat supper once. I wish I could put food out of my mind, but it's always there calling me. I tell myself - good grief, there is plenty of it, I don't need to worry -- but I have a hard time forgetting out it.

OK, no more excuses! YOu're right. I can do this! :-)

No Lizalee - it wasn't me who forgot dinner (I think it was Denise/OregonDaisy who said that)- NEVER !! It's my main meal - it's the meal I look forward to it..

Now I can go all day without eating if I am out and about busy doing something - but I was that way even at 250...

I am a closet eater and a night time eater...

Once I start - I can't stop Even to this day I can be physically full from dinner - but I still want to eat - and I will tell you it feels like I am still physically hungry

Girls learning what full means is a whole new thing - just think when you get that stuck feeling and can't eat - but you only had 2 or 3 bites - you got stuck you are full - your stomach can't take anymore - but are you really full - nope your brain is telling you - oh you had 3 bites of food you can't be full -

You just wait it will pass and then you can eat again - this is why we can tend to gravitate to slider food - they are easier to eat and you can eat more (quanity) of then than you can hard protein..

Our band is only a tool... Plan and simple... But really losing the weight isn't simple or easy - it's hard work..

Yes girl you can do this - just put your mind to it and when you think you want to eat - sit and try to figure out what's causing you to want to eat.. I know when I am frustrated at work - I want to munch - but if theres nothing to munch on then I cant' munch - so i don't keep food at my desk..

AVOIDANCE has worked for me..

. DH and I are having the time of our lives. We have traveled a lot throughout our years together (have spent a total of 3 mo in Australia) and we are voting the things we have done so far to rank right up there.keeping up with me...he has 30" inseam...me 35".

Hope those that are struggling can get back on track. It is sooooooooooo very important to shut down the bad habits a.s.a.p.! Those habits will play games with your mind and make you feel like you are failing. You can do it. Jump in with both feet. When I was tempted, I would jump on the treadmill and work extra hard. I wasn't going to lose what I worked for and was not tempted by the time I was done exercising. I try to keep protein in my purse. Beef Jerky, protein bars (which can be addicting so I only keep one in case of emergencies). SF pudding and jello...100 popcorn, fruit. I also keep a raw homemade stewed Tomato type dish in the frig at all times. Chop tomatoes, onion, cilantro, hot or mild pepper and add a good protion of Mrs. Dash. Will hold you over in pinch. I am certainly not trying to come off as perfect. I have my struggles just like the rest of you. Just suggestions. Goal feels so good and I want all of you to experience it. I feel like you are all my sisters and we are all pulling for each other. I know I couldn't have done this without the support I have gotten from this thread and a few others.

You all have a good evening. I am in my jammies and ready to make some popcorn and finish a book. Life is good.

Apples - Glad you and DH are having a good time and relaxing- OMW - I bet he's having a hard time keeping up with you - 30 vs 35 ...

Yep, those protein bars were starting to turn into candy bars for me also but Janet straightened me out in a hurry LOL:lol:

Beckyo

Becky Hugs !!!!

Ok ladies - it's 8 and time for me to eat... Fish - butternut squah and rice..

Hey bander friends,

Has anyone had problems with excessive Water weight gain. I mean the kind that has the lower legs so swollen your fingers can press deep dents into them. I usually take a water pill for my blood pressure but have been almost out and waiting for the mailed in prescription refill to arrive so I can take them only every other day to make them last. My body has obviously become very dependent on them because I am at my sweet spot and have gained 4 lbs over the weekend with less than 1000 cal in per day. I try to keep hydrated and get my 8 cups of Fluid a day if not more but still am very bloated. My eyes are even swollen in the morning. Anyone have any quick home made remedies? Hopefully will get my prescriptions in the mail soon. I am so depressed that I am finally at my sweet spot and the weight goes up not down. There is no justice in this world sometimes.

Ruthi

Beverly Diane - it's been ages since we've heard from you. Good to hear you are still out there working away at this! I'm too new at this to voice an opinion about too tight, but it does seem a problem that you can't eat your Protein. I've had one fill and don't have a lot of restriction, but can tell when I'm full and have been able to listen to that signal and stop. I measure my food and use a small plate (fooling myself - LOL), and that seems to work for me. I believe the protein is key to feeling full - at least it has been for me.

Hey bander friends,

Has anyone had problems with excessive Water weight gain. I mean the kind that has the lower legs so swollen your fingers can press deep dents into them. I usually take a water pill for my blood pressure but have been almost out and waiting for the mailed in prescription refill to arrive so I can take them only every other day to make them last. My body has obviously become very dependent on them because I am at my sweet spot and have gained 4 lbs over the weekend with less than 1000 cal in per day. I try to keep hydrated and get my 8 cups of Fluid a day if not more but still am very bloated. My eyes are even swollen in the morning. Anyone have any quick home made remedies? Hopefully will get my prescriptions in the mail soon. I am so depressed that I am finally at my sweet spot and the weight goes up not down. There is no justice in this world sometimes.

Ruthi

Ruth

I think you need to take your pills or call your doctor - that doesn't sound good - My Dad had congestive heart failure and his legs swell up like that ...

I don't know of any home remedy that really works besides water pills

Please call your doctor...

Ruth-I think you need to take your pills or call your doctor - that doesn't sound good - My Dad had congestive heart failure and his legs swell up like that ... I don't know of any home remedy that really works besides Water pills. Please call your doctor...

ABSOLUTELY!!

From an RN.... RUTH.... CALL YOUR DOCTOR!

AND... take your PILLS!

12_5_23.gif

Good evening.

Just wanted to say, I tried eggs for Breakfast (skip the cereal...eat protein.) Ended up eating half the egg, (yes, chewed well) and then throwing them back up while DD drove us to work/school this am! (couldn't be late for my meeting or her school) (Eww...really grossed her out) they did NOT slide down like I thought they would. But tonight, I did really well with some roast chicken. Won't be doing eggs first thing in the morning...

Good news though...I feel renewed and back on track for the most part, and even joined a Water aeobics class tonight! It was fun, and so far, don't feel sore. Tomorrow may be another story.

Came home hungry, and ate some sugar free pudding. Feels great to be getting back in control.

And tomorrow will be another great day...

Re: water pills. I do think our bodies get used to them, and it takes a while for the kidney's to readjust the Fluid balance without them--at least that's what I found. Meanwhile, the blood pressure goes way up....without symptoms, and that is dangerous. Get the pills....:-)

Hi Everyone,

Saw my surgeon today. Would you believe he took more Fluid out of the band?????? That thing was supposed to have been emptied last week!!!!! I'm booked in for a Barium Swallow under XRay on Feb 5th, then see him again on the 7th. He wants to check the band and the pouch. I took a list of questions in this time.

He said there was no way of the band slipping because of all the surgeries I've had. At least that is a relief.

I start seeing a psychologist next week to help me control my stress levels and teach me better coping skills. I feel "a bit long in the tooth" to start learning this stuff but if it helps, I'll try.

Best wishes to all.