Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey 50 & over gang We have a new spot

Katy that is just awful. You would think and expect that your surgeon would know what is going on and be able to help you. Is he going to have you take any tests?

My understanding is the cold drinks can make you tighter and warm ones tend to make you looser. Maybe try sipping something warm? broth or Soup without lumps?

Orea, so good to see you post. I was wondering if you were okay. Looks like you are doing good. I go for a fill on Monday, and boy, do I need one. I think I almost have a handle on the "first bite syndrome". When I get that "feeling" , I just put my fork down. It doesn't happen every time, but at least I have learned to recognize when I am getting stuck.

Atta girl!

Knowing when to stop is half the battle, I think. The other half, sometimes, is stopping. LOL Especially if you are really hungry or the food is especially good. I am slowly learning not to let myself get too hungry. I have better control that way.

Katy, many of us are worried about you. I hope they figure out what is going on with you soon. I can't even imagine what you are going through. How are your parents doing? I hope that part of your life is going easier for you. The little skiff of snow we had today feels GOOD when I hear about your 107 degree temps.

Please take care - you are special to us...

Katy, have they ascertained that your band hasn't slipped?

Exactly what I was thinking!

Something is VERY wrong!

Hi Everyone,

Thank you again for your kind wishes and concern. I'm seeing the surgeon again on Wednesday. I have been wondering if the band may have slipped and it's not a nice thought but it's been stitched in this time, so surely it wouldn't have slipped.

It is sooo very hot here. I've been drinking plain milk with ice blocks to cool me down.

We are having a garage sale here tomorrow. Hopefully we'll get rid of heaps of stuff.

Dad still doesn't want to sell his place but it's all empty now and there is no way Mum will go back there.

Looks like my business has sold. Sad but had to be.

Best wishes,

My new fill is doing well for me. I definitely have to be more careful what I eat, but no PB's and only minor sliming twice in the week since I got it. Meal sizes have shrunk a bit. Life is good.

I stepped on the scale after a couple of days off it, and I was feeling like I was retaining Water (puffy fingers),so I thought I might show a gain. But I'm down another pound. :-) What a nice surprise.

Good news, I am glad the scale is moving for you again

:)

Katy what does your doctor have to say about the fact that you can't keep food down even unfilled? He does not think you need any tests to find out why you can't eat?

Katy...been following posts the last couple of days. Very concerned about you and anxious to hear of your outcome with the doc. I would seriously think of getting another opinion if your doc does not run some tests. You cannot live healthfully with the complications you are having. I don't even know what it is like to PB and have never vomited since having the band. Just hate to see you going through what you are. Keep us informed. Hope it's nothing serious.

Hi all, I'm new here, but looking forward to having a mutual support group! I'm 4 weeks out from being banded, healing very slowly, still on liquids (can't eat anything even semi-solid yet, it gets stuck, and WOW, does that HURT!) I was scheduled for my first fill next week, but I have moved my appointment for two more weeks off, no way I need a fill when I can't even eat yet! But, the good news is, since I started with the pre-op diet and have had to stay on liquids for a month since, I am already down 30 pounds of the 110 I am trying to lose! I am looking forward to eating food again, some day...

Hi everyone,

I was banded Friday and doing great. I don't need the pain meds and yes I am dealing with the gas. How did you take your fluids daily getting in 4- to 6 cups. Was it every thirty minutes or hour or so?

Toy

Hi all, I'm new here, but looking forward to having a mutual support group! I'm 4 weeks out from being banded, healing very slowly, still on liquids (can't eat anything even semi-solid yet, it gets stuck, and WOW, does that HURT!) I was scheduled for my first fill next week, but I have moved my appointment for two more weeks off, no way I need a fill when I can't even eat yet! But, the good news is, since I started with the pre-op diet and have had to stay on liquids for a month since, I am already down 30 pounds of the 110 I am trying to lose! I am looking forward to eating food again, some day...

Congrats on the 30 lbs gone! Isn't it wonderful to know you'll be losing this weight for the LAST time???

Keep taking it easy with the solid foods, your body will let you know when 'its' ready to handle more.

Goood luck :huh2: