Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey 50 & over gang We have a new spot

No I haven't, I've been so focused on a cruise. However, that may have taken a back seat for a bit. Looks like my 99 3/4 (100 yrs old on May 1st) will be moving from FL to CO possibly in the next 30 days. I've committed to helping in the move so will be needing to ask for off work for a week to go to FL, etc. So cruise might happen in the fall but maybe early summer. Any ideas??? I know in my head that 100 will hit soon and that I am losing at a great rate. But in my impatience and wanting that magic number so bad it seems to be taking forever. I gotta stay off the scale every day. It's like when I was a little kid and Christmas never seemed to get here quick enough!

Having reached that 100# mark a few weeks ago, I know exactly what you are going through! I was so close for several weeks before I finally made it. Then came Christmas and now I'm about 1/2 lb over again!!

Perfect cruise for early summer, IMHO..... Alaska! We've gone on two Alaska cruises and would go again in a heartbeat!

I just love you girls. Each day after reading your posts, I feel so much better and have hope that I can be successful on this journey that we all are on. Sometime I think I'm the only one with problems and then I read my email and realize that everyone has problems at one time or another. I think it is how you approach things. You look for an answer, either for yourself or others, and then you check back on everyone. If your problem is solved, everyone rejoices and learns something helpful. You all have such a sweet manner about you. Thank you for listening to my extra moaning and groaning lately. I hope I will be able to help someone in the future.

I haven't been getting my notifications either.

IndioGirl55--Haven't heard from you lately. Hope all is ok with you.

Blessings----MiMi

Oh... forgot... they were apparently doing maintenance on the site this morning because it was down for a while. I haven't had any email notifications all day long either. So whatever they did, they screwed some things up in the process!

Oh... forgot... they were apparently doing maintenance on the site this morning because it was down for a while. I haven't had any email notifications all day long either. So whatever they did, they screwed some things up in the process!

Your right Phyl; I tried earlier to post but kept getting blank screens...

A friend of mine might be stopping by to visit, her name is "Wendy" so give her a warm welcome. :grouphug:

Stress, more to go have decided it is time to put our 10 year old cocker to sleep. Glaucoma and lots of pain for her. I hate this.. a member of the family for close to 10 years

Oh no...not another friend on this thread losing a dear dog. I'm so sorry to hear this, Lynn. Take care.

Having reached that 100# mark a few weeks ago, I know exactly what you are going through! I was so close for several weeks before I finally made it. Then came Christmas and now I'm about 1/2 lb over again!!

Perfect cruise for early summer, IMHO..... Alaska! We've gone on two Alaska cruises and would go again in a heartbeat!

So how did you keep yourself from going crazy and obsessing over the scale wanting to see that mark??

I love Alaska cruising. But we have gone the last 2 years so I want this to be something different. Guess we will see what's available for a good price when we can go. I'd like to go to Europe or Panama canal. I think I want to go tropical so I can look forward for once to maybe wearing a bathing suit and not look around to see if there is anyone bigger than me at the pool before going.

I'm not getting my notifications, either. I'm glad it isn't just me.

I had my fourth fill yesterday. I got another .5 cc. 1 cc. would have been too much. I can definitely feel the difference. I'm hoping the fun starts now. ;-)

I hope so too, Orea. Let the fun begin!!!!!!!!!!!!:grouphug:

I haven't gotten email notifications in ages. I used to really be upset about that, but I have learned to just go to user CP and it brings me to all the threads I participate in.

Long, I am really glad you changed your color. I never wanted to say anything, but I really had a hard time reading the green you used to use.

I was finally successful today at doing only Protein Drinks. I have wanted to do that since Christmas to get myself back on track, but always managed to eat something else. It's so hard to do it if you're not in the post op phase. I really want to get the weight off that I haven't been able to take off since last August. I refuse to wear bigger pants.

I still have all of my old clothes up in the attic, but I refuse to get any of them out. I have a couple pairs of pants that I can get on and zipped, but are definitely

not comfortable enough to wear to work.

I really like to read those of you who post "so many pounds gone forever" That's the right attitude. It's depressing to get to goal and then gain a little back.

Still having discomfort after a pbing incident Monday night!!

Have been doing liquids and soft foods since. Everything just sits like a lead weight in my pouch!!

Hi lynnt1215,

That's exactly how I feel. After I'm sick I'm soo thirsty but one sip and I feel blocked again. It's hurting a lot now.

Even my chemist told me he was concerned about me because he didn't like my colour and that I looked ill. Several people have told me about my colour lately. Aparently I look very gray/ashen. I'll ring my surgeons office on Monday morning to see if his receptionist is there as he is still overseas. Maybe she can suggest someone else for me to see.

I hope you're feeling better now.

I also haven't been receiving any notifications from this site and trying to find it from scratch is very hard and annoying.

Best wishes.

Edited by Katydid
spelling

I pb'd and vomited four times after a fill before I called the doctor. When I called I went that day for an unfill. You might ought to call the doctor. Have you had your gall bladder removed? This could be easily fixed, but you won't know until you consult your doctor. Maybe he has a doctor filling in for him.

I have been working on small bites and chewing for the last month and I think I am now ready for another fill. You have to have both......restriction and taking small bites with alot of chewing.

I hope you feel better soon.

Hi Charlene,

I'm seriously thinking about having the band removed because I am in so much pain. The first band slipped and caused part of my stomach to go nectrotic 4yrs ago. 16 days in intensive care, not a well girl and no fun at all. I decided to have another go at banding with another surgeon who stiched the band to the stomach in June '08 but this is no jolly fun either and has been going on for ages with no relief. Even with all the pbing I'm not losing any weight and I haven't been to the toilet since the last hernia operation in November '08 (bowels that is, just Water.

Everything I eat, which is very little, just seems to stay in the pouch because it all comes up again sooner or later and with heaps of Fluid. It's heatwave time here so I've been sipping lots of cold fluids. I even juiced fresh fruit in the hope of keeping that down ............nope, not a chance.

My gallbladder was removed after I'd recovered enough from the 1st band removal.

I'm finding it all so very distressing because this has been the only time I'd lost weight (34 kilos = 75 lbs) and had been so excited to be near normal again. To have it all go pear shaped again makes me very teary. I'm still tired because I can't sleep for all the reflux and pbing.

I'm sorry for the whinging, moaning and groaning. I'm a bit depressed.

Best wishes.

Edited by Katydid
Missed word

Katy....no wonder you are in pain. I hate to lecture but you need to get to the root of your problems. I surprised that your entire system is not poisoned due to the fact that your bowels have not moved. Seriously, Katy....I'm very worried for your health. Please, do something A.S.A.P.!

Hi Katy, Please see your dr. asap. My doctor would have me come either to the emergency room or his office today if I called him. Something is definitely not right. Take care.

Hi everyone, I was banded Oct 2008 and will go for my first fill on the 28th. I have lost 26 pounds so far but do feel now that it takes more food for me to be satisfied. I am looking forward to feeling again like i did when i was first banded. It is good to have a group for us folks over 50 because the concerns etc of 20 and 30 year olds just aren't the same as for us. I have never pb'd or threw up. If i take one bite too many I know it by feeling a tightness in my throat and I must stop eating. I try not to get to that point because it is not a good feeling. Good luck to all .

Katy find another dr. if yours is gone. You can't wait on this!

You're going to end up back in the hospital. I am sure if you found another dr. and explained that you haven't had a bowel movement and all you do is throw up, they would get you in as soon as they can.