Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey 50 & over gang We have a new spot

I am soooo psyched!!! Another 1.2 lbs gone forever. Starting the New Year off great!! Total 81.8 lbs gone since May 19th!! Gooooooo Looosssiiieee!!! (my band)

quote]

81 pounds is great!! Congrats....how much are you exercising?

Hi, all, just to check in. I am sorry so many are having a difficult time. I had a hard time during the holidays. I think I got too hungry and ate too fast, pb's and threw up 2 X. I am eating slower and trying as my Dr. says to pay more attention to feeding the hunger than feeling full. I did lose 10 lbs since Dec. 3. So I am on track, just have to eat slower and pay attention. Thank you all for all the support. Dot

Still having discomfort after a pbing incident Monday night!!

Have been doing liquids and soft foods since. Everything just sits like a lead weight in my pouch!!

Hi Everyone. So today is a fresh start for me. I am going to do low carbs so I can get the scale moving. I feel like a failure after reading everybody's posts and their success. 35 pounds in a year is not much. I am reading your posts every day now. It is inspiring. Things here in Michigan are so depressing. My daughter lost her job as a lawyer. She said after a decade in school look where it has gotten her, but she is looking onward. Everybody has so many problems, we are not alone. I am putting it in God's hands, after all he IS in control.

Have a great day.

Hi reportergirl---I know what you mean about not losing weight as quickly as everyone else. I was doing real good until the holidays hit. I know that everyone loses at different rates, but I sure have messed up during all the festivities. I will see the dr. Monday and hope to get some encouragement from him. I am considering going back to liquids like I did before my surgery. Maybe I just need a new start.

I am sorry to hear about your daughter. Every where you look, people are losing their jobs, companies are closing their doors, and no one is hiring. I do hope she will find another job and let's hope it will be even better than the last one. I know it must be so disheartening to go to school for so long and then have a hard time finding a job you studied so hard for.

Take care and today is a great day for a new start---

MiMi

Thank you Mimi for your kind words. I am sorry about the loss of your father. It can be so hard to let go. I have lost both of my parents at a relatively young age. I feel for you. You will be in my prayers as you lay him to rest this weekend.

We can do this, just have to say today is the day! Stay strong.

Phyl and JoAnne...I love vinegar and always have it on my cooked spinach. I will have to try it on other veggies in the future. Will have to try the fish chowder also. Sounds good.

Vinegar is one of my very favorite things!! i just went through a large bottle of white balsamic vinegar from Trader Joe's in about 2 weeks!! I bought another one today!

Hi reportergirl---I know what you mean about not losing weight as quickly as everyone else. I was doing real good until the holidays hit. I know that everyone loses at different rates, but I sure have messed up during all the festivities. I will see the dr. Monday and hope to get some encouragement from him. I am considering going back to liquids like I did before my surgery. Maybe I just need a new start. MiMi

Cut yourself some slack! "messed up"? You've had a lot to deal with, in addition to the holidays! ... so get through this weekend. Then, if you want a "new start", consider the "Five Day Pouch Test". I did it this summer to give myself a new "jumpstart" and it's really quite invigorating. You can google it for more info, but I've talked about it before... it gets you back to basics... two days of Protein Drinks, etc... gradually gets you back to hard Protein over five days. It was really quite effective for me. If you've been drifting from "the plan" as we know it as bandsters, it will give you a new beginning.

Today was my official weigh in day, and I was really quite content to be up 1 lb considering the holidays and DD & SIL visiting here for about a week. I've been back on track for the past week and my Wii Fit says I lost about 2 1/2 lb this past week, so that tells you.... I gained about 3 1/2 lb over the holidays.

BTW, for those of you struggling with eating too fast, etc, I bought some toddler forks/spoons at Wal-Mart this week back in the baby dept. Package of about 4 forks, 4 spoons for a couple of bucks. It will help to slow me down.

Stress, more to go have decided it is time to put our 10 year old cocker to sleep. Glaucoma and lots of pain for her. I hate this.. a member of the family for close to 10 years

Stress, more to go have decided it is time to put our 10 year old cocker to sleep. Glaucoma and lots of pain for her. I hate this.. a member of the family for close to 10 years

So sorry to hear about your dog. That's a tough one. Easy for me to say, but try to focus on the good times you shared in those ten years.

HUGS!!

1070.gif

Lynn, I am so sorry. That is such a hard choice. We miss Abbie every day. When I was growing up we had a beautiful little blonde cocker named Taffy. He was a great little dog who had an amazing personality and absolutely no fear. Our family still loves to hear the stories about Taffy and his exploits. I know you have great memories of little Cobi, too.

My heart is sad for you.

Is everyone else still getting their email notifications of replies? Mine stopped for some reasone. :grouphug:

Lynn, sorry to hear of your dog. We dealt with that twice in the past 2 years. Not easy and I still miss them even though we have 2 new dogs now.

The scale moved this morning. 94 now!! WOOHOO!!

I'm not getting the emails either. I hate that - really rely on them to keep me in touch... I hope they get it back soon.

Congratulations, Lori, on 94 lbs!! You are getting closer and closer! Have you picked out your reward? If it's the cruise, you have too long to wait for that! Better think of something more immediate, 'cause it's going to happen soon.

{{{{Big hugs}}}}

I'm not getting my notifications, either. I'm glad it isn't just me.

I had my fourth fill yesterday. I got another .5 cc. 1 cc. would have been too much. I can definitely feel the difference. I'm hoping the fun starts now. ;-)

I'm not getting the emails either. I hate that - really rely on them to keep me in touch... I hope they get it back soon.

Congratulations, Lori, on 94 lbs!! You are getting closer and closer! Have you picked out your reward? If it's the cruise, you have too long to wait for that! Better think of something more immediate, 'cause it's going to happen soon.

No I haven't, I've been so focused on a cruise. However, that may have taken a back seat for a bit. Looks like my 99 3/4 (100 yrs old on May 1st) will be moving from FL to CO possibly in the next 30 days. I've committed to helping in the move so will be needing to ask for off work for a week to go to FL, etc. So cruise might happen in the fall but maybe early summer. Any ideas??? I know in my head that 100 will hit soon and that I am losing at a great rate. But in my impatience and wanting that magic number so bad it seems to be taking forever. I gotta stay off the scale every day. It's like when I was a little kid and Christmas never seemed to get here quick enough!