Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey 50 & over gang We have a new spot

happy NEW YEAR!!!!!

Becky, isn't it exciting to think about reaching our goal weights this year? A year ago as 2008 began and I again made that resolution to lose 100 lbs, never did I think it was possible. And all I wanted was to lose 100, I never fathomed getting to goal. Now I am 9 or 10 lbs away from that 100 and thinking of goal. Wow!! I want to lose anywhere from 30 to 50 more, guess I'll know when I get there. I'd really like to have a 'normal' BMI. That is 45 lbs. more. Sounds much less overwhelming than 100+!! What a difference a year makes. I hope 2009 is just as good for me as 2008 was.

For those

happy NEW YEAR!!!!!

Becky, isn't it exciting to think about reaching our goal weights this year? A year ago as 2008 began and I again made that resolution to lose 100 lbs, never did I think it was possible. And all I wanted was to lose 100, I never fathomed getting to goal. Now I am 9 or 10 lbs away from that 100 and thinking of goal. Wow!! I want to lose anywhere from 30 to 50 more, guess I'll know when I get there. I'd really like to have a 'normal' BMI. That is 45 lbs. more. Sounds much less overwhelming than 100+!! What a difference a year makes. I hope 2009 is just as good for me as 2008 was.

For those that had a challenging 2008 with the losses of loved ones etc., I pray that 2009 brings healing.

What happened?? The screen blinked while typing my post and now I have 2??? Sorry not sure what I did.

Edited by Great2BThin
why 2 posts?

Hi Charlene,

So sorry to hear of your loss. You are certainly in my prayers. This Christmas and New Year has been very sad.

The night before Christmas Eve a close family friends son 15 yrs passed away from Leukemia. His mother had only recently been told nothing more could be done for him but they gave him 12 months at the most. She and his younger sister are devastated of course. The funeral is tomorrow, New Years Eve.

Best wishes.

Charlene, so sorry to hear of your loss. You and your Mom will be in my prayers.

Happy New Year everyone! I hope 2009 brings all of us

exactly what we want for ourselves.

I am really glad the holidays are over and I can get back into my routine. No more junk food at work, and people baking me goodies for gifts even though I told them not to. My mother in law baked me a loaf of home made bread and I brought it home and tossed it straight into the garbage.

I am really going to try hard to get the cravings out of my system and go back to the way I ate during the weight loss stage. I know it's not easy, but I have done it before, so I know it's possible!

I am really glad the holidays are over and I can get back into my routine. No more junk food at work, and people baking me goodies for gifts even though I told them not to. My mother in law baked me a loaf of home made bread and I brought it home and tossed it straight into the garbage. I am really going to try hard to get the cravings out of my system and go back to the way I ate during the weight loss stage. I know it's not easy, but I have done it before, so I know it's possible!

AMEN!!

Me, too!!

All the decorations are gone, all the goodies are gone and our DD & SIL are gone.

So, time to get back to NORMAL!!

We started the NEW YEAR right by going to the pool as usual at 9 a.m. I got the CD player out of the locker room assuming someone besides DH & I would show up on NEW YEARS DAY, and we ended up with 14 people! So, good to start out the first day of the new year with exercise!

DH and I brought in 2009 with smiles on our faces and nothing but positive aspirations for the new year. Had a great NYE with friends at a hotel and all met for a buffet Breakfast this morning b/4 heading home. I don't do buffets so just brought my Pure Protein bar along and had coffee. Don't get into that heavy eating anymore and do not miss how I used to feel after eating like that. Also happy that most of the holiday food is out of the house or in the freezer. Just don't like the way I feel when eating the "ucky" carbs. Ready to convince DH that he should be eating the healthier carbs with me. He watches his weight and eats healthy at meals but is such a sweet eater. I try to not have any of it in the house but it is around at times. He's not a child and no longer a young pup so pretty hard for him to break the habit. He never seems to put on a pound though....I just want his innards to be as healthy as he looks outside. That's one of my goals for 2009...getting him to kick the sugar habit.

Happy New Year to all. Sounds like we are all starting out the year with the right attitude.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!

I am starting the new year by watching all the obesity shows on TLC. It is a reminder of where I was going this time last year. I am so thankful I made the decision to get a band. I am so thankful I found LBT friends to help me through 2008. I look forward to reaching new goals this year and [/url] watching all of you have successes. Being a loser in our world is a good thing!

36_11_18.gif

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!

I am starting the new year by watching all the obesity shows on TLC. It is a reminder of where I was going this time last year. I am so thankful I made the decision to get a band. I am so thankful I found LBT friends to help me through 2008. I look forward to reaching new goals this year and watching all of you have successes. Being a loser in our world is a good thing!

36_11_18.gif

I've been watching those too. DH wonders why I watch them so much and I remind him that I was there or pretty darn close not so long ago and don't ever want to go back. It reaffirms the choices I've made to get healthy.

Today went to 'the' SIL's but before going my daughter and I stopped at this shopping area near her house that always looked intriguing. NO WONDER!! Ann Taylor was there! I found a shortsleeved blouse on the clearance rack, debated about spending $20 on it still but decided what the heck. Went to pay and it was even cheaper $9, it was meant to be. Then we went to Gap and they had some casual/dressier slacks on sale. Didn't have a 14 so I thought what the heck, I'll try on the 12. IT FIT!!!!! and longs too! I was so excited, I started tearing up. Now I do have to hold my breath and really suck it in to fasten them, but soon they will fit comfortably. Besides I don't volunteer at the hospital for a week yet. LOL That's what I got them for. It may take a couple weeks to wear them. And the blouse was the perfect color to match them.

Hi All, I've gotten so much inspiration from reading your posts. At the age of 55, I'm being banded on Jan. 12, 2009 and wonder if I'm "too old" to lose my 120 pounds? I do lose very fast but have always gained back very fast. I feel hopeful that this will be the trick as quantity of food has always been my weakness.

I'm type 2 diabetic and am concerned about "lows" after being banded and am wondering if there's anyone out there that has gone through that? :confused:

What about energy levels after banding? I'm off work for a week but will have to be back 100% after that.

Thanks so much in advance, Happy in TN!

Hi All, I've gotten so much inspiration from reading your posts. At the age of 55, I'm being banded on Jan. 12, 2009 and wonder if I'm "too old" to lose my 120 pounds? I do lose very fast but have always gained back very fast. I feel hopeful that this will be the trick as quantity of food has always been my weakness.

I'm type 2 diabetic and am concerned about "lows" after being banded and am wondering if there's anyone out there that has gone through that? :confused:

What about energy levels after banding? I'm off work for a week but will have to be back 100% after that.

You are definitely NOT too old!!

If I can do it, YOU can do it!!

You can expect major improvement in your diabetic status very quickly.

Back at 100% n a week.... maybe!?

What kind of work do you do?

Thank you!

I have a high-stress administrative job, just hoping to "lose weight, keep Protein down, a smile on my face and exercise!" Not much...but where there's a will there's a way!

And there's certainly the will now! :confused::cursing:

All of you are an inspiration to me. Thank you from the bottom of my heart! Looking forward to more success in 2009. I was hoping by this time I would be farther ahead but I am not giving up.

Hi Happy11,

No way are you too old to lose the weight or have a LapBand. I'm 62yrs and had mine 9th June '08 and have lost 34 kilos = 74lbs. I've been going up and down a pound or two over the last month but hope tosettle and lose more very soon.

You will be fine. People can't believe how different I look now, it's great, I feel human again. I do tell people that I've been banded because I feel if I can help anyone else with losing weight and getting their self confidence back, I don't care who knows.

Best wishes.

Happy New Year to each of you. 2008 was a blessed year for me. I had a new grandbaby, my children are happy and employed and I got banded on June 6 th and i am now 50 lbs less and I have a loving husband and my 2 Jack Russells lying between my husband and me keeping us all nice and warm. Life is good.

Happy: I have type 2 diabetes and I take very little insulin now because I don't eat carbs. Just keep close track of your blood sugars and remember as you lose weight your insulin needs will change. I forgot that one night and took my usual dose and ended up bottoming out during the night. I was able to handle it, but that's when the light bulb went off and i was like, ok you now weigh 40lbs less, you don't need as much insulin.

Hope this help you Happy and we'll all be praying for you on the 12th. God Bless

Hi Happy

I am 57 and was banded on August 25. I too am a type 2 diabetic and I can tell you I have not had one major low since being banded. My numbers have been low but a good low. You will be just fine so please don't worry. As for energy levels, speaking for myself, I have had more energy and feel absolutely terrific! My weight loss is slow but steady (at least it was until these crazy holidays). I feel better since being banded than I have in a really long time. Good luck to you and don't worry it will be the best thing you do for yourself in the new year. I am still learning how to adapt ( I guess I am a slow learner) but it's been so worth it.

Sandi