Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey 50 & over gang We have a new spot

OOPS...forgot to add to my plan for 2009. I plan to not forget the encouragement that I have gotten from all my friends here at LBT and especially my 50's friends, I am here to help friends and June 2008 friends. Love ya all and hope to get to know you even better in 2009!

OOPS...forgot to add to my plan for 2009. I plan to not forget the encouragement that I have gotten from all my friends here at LBT and especially my 50's friends, I am here to help friends and June 2008 friends. Love ya all and hope to get to know you even better in 2009!

Does that mean I get to be a double friend since I am a June 2008 and a 50???

I will post my 2009 goals soon, been thinking on this one. But I know one thing. I will not have a resolution to lose 100 lbs this year! It may be to hit 100 lost (10 more) but I can't lose 100 more!!

Does that mean I get to be a double friend since I am a June 2008 and a 50???

I will post my 2009 goals soon, been thinking on this one. But I know one thing. I will not have a resolution to lose 100 lbs this year! It may be to hit 100 lost (10 more) but I can't lose 100 more!!

You can be a quadruple friend if that works for you! No resolution to lose weight this coming year. After 15 years of trying!

Orea, just checking up on you, did you start that exercise??

Let's see my 2009 goals will be:

-to continue with the healthy eating and exercise

-adding either more exercise or more intensity to what I do

-reach 100 lbs lost hopefully by Valentines Day

-and would love to reach my goal by June 5th as that would be my band anniversary

Congrats on your band, Mary. As for craving garlic toast, not sure how normal that is. I had no cravings but what's normal for one person may not be for another. I was very lucky, no gas pains, and was up and about to pretty much normal in a couple days. AS for the full feeling, I find my 'full' feels different now than it did prebanding. You will have to get used to what your body's signals are. I get a full/tight feeling in my upper stomach or chest area. I've read that some get a feeling in their back. I also start burping a lot. Sometimes I have that 'full feeling' but my head doesn't and I still want to eat. When I listen to my head and not my stomach, that's when I get myself into trouble. I find that especially hard this time of year when there are so many tempting goodies out there that you don't see the rest of the year. I find myself with the mentality of, 'if I don't have it now, it will be gone til next year'. DUH!! Last night it was crab legs. They were so good, rarely have them and I ate one too many and felt it for quite some time after dinner. Now why couldn't I cook crab legs another time of year? Stupid head, keeps trying to trip me up! :)

Merry Christmas,

Have had computer problems so I'm trying to catch up on all the posts.

Had to laugh when I read yours as it is so true for me too.

My head seems to think the same way.

I've also found that I can't eat fruit salad anymore unless all the skin has been taken off the fruit, grapes, plums, peaches, everything. Can't even eat orange pieces as the segment linings don't go down and just block everything else.

Not nice at all.

Happy New Year.

Merry Christmas!

Hope everyone is taking the time to enjoy the warmth of the holidays with their families and friends.

I'm happy to be back on LBT. We've moved to our 'dream' hobby farm. It's been a challenge! Mostly because here in Wisconsin, we've had nothing but snowstorms, frigid temps, and high winds.

Those of you with dial-up internet service, how do you do it? After being spoiled these past many years with cable-speed internet service, we're back to dial up - and it's agonizingly slow. I haven't had the time to go back and read the posts I've missed :-(. HOpe you all are doing well and welcome to those who have joined.

We are getting really close to having everything in place to bring our horses home. Just have to get hay...hopefully after Christmas. My DD's are anxious to get their boys home, and DH is anxious to be done building stuff and buying stuff for them. Our transition to country life from the city has been interesting - we've already been in the ditch in a snowstorm, and learned how expensive it is to heat a house on the top of a hill (wind tunnel) when it's wind chill of -30!

I haven't lost much during all this...stress, holiday baking and all...but sure am building some muscles moving all those daily snow drifts around.

But aside from all the obstacles and complaining, it's so wonderful to be able to be living my life-long dream of living on a hobby farm and soon to have our horses home! This all would not have happened if not for having made that committment to have the band. What a life-changer!

I wish all the best to my fellow and potential Lap Banders - hope 2009 is as sweet for you as 2008 has been for me!

Merry Christmas!

Hi Lizalee and Merry Christmas,

What a pleasure it was to read your wonderful post. So positive and uplifting. I really wish you all the best with your life change.

Happy New Year.

Thank you all for the condolences about my Dad. Each day gets a little better. Every once in a while I think of something I want to tell him, and then I realize he is not here anymore. I go ahead and talk to him in my prayers.

I am still making unwise choices with eating. Right now, I just really do not care. I know that it is a bad attitude, and I am only going to hurt myself. I better get my emotions in check, and get back on the band wagon.

Thank you again, everybody. I really enjoy reading all the posts and learning from you all. mimi

Hi Mimi22,

My heart goes out to you for your sad loss. What you are feeling is perfectly normal. I went through the same thing when my brother was killed. I found a lot of comfort by reading books by well known Psychics and books about NDE = Near Death Experiences. My cousin has just passed away due to liver cancer and my Aunt is finding a lot of comfort by reading these books right now.

Sincere thoughts and wishes to you.

Great idea on 2009 goal - Mine primary goals are to make better food choices and to exercise 5 days a week. My secondary goal is to loose 1 -2 lbs a week. I guess they all go hand in hand.

Thanks for all the support everyone!

I've been absent from this thread for several months.

After whirlwind testing and the obsession with getting this LBS ASAP - I lost the wind in my sails after I realized that there is just no way to get around the mandatory 6 mos. supervised diet.

Well -I'm into the third month of the diet and after a grand start and a pitiful last 2 weeks - I'm slowly getting back my determination.

Also - added two more ailments to the list.

Asthma and some heart malfunction.

My stress test revealed a Diastolic dysfunction.

So -

An even stronger determination to have this surgery.

Welcome back Katy and Elayne, good to have you posting again!

I am about ready to leave for work. I work later this week, until Friday that is, as we are closed for cleaning and maintainance. Hopefully we'll finish today and are off til Friday when we start opening at 530am! YAWN.

Scale dropped a couple of my pounds of gain this morning, still have 1 1/2 or 2 to go. I think I actually gained about 4 or 5. UGH!!!

Great idea on 2009 goal - Mine primary goals are to make better food choices and to exercise 5 days a week. My secondary goal is to loose 1 -2 lbs a week. I guess they all go hand in hand.

Thanks for all the support everyone!

Boos02, I second your primary goals!! I have started exercising and yesterday actually did my 3 miles Walk Away the Pounds tape.

I have a doctor's appointment today at 4:15. I'm not sure I'll need a fill.

I've been pretty stressed this past week and I've really noticed a lot of restriction. Does that ever happen to you?

I think the band is so fickled! Yes, for me stress will "tighten" it. I also have a tough time in the morning. But, in the evening I can eat just about anything as long as I eat slow and chew well.

Fickle - of course. some days I have issues others I do not. Think I need a fill and have appt. tomorrow.

will weigh in then and see how bad I have done over the past week!!

Apples, thank you for that post. You are an inspiration!

Livin....that's so sweet...thanks for the compliment. I see myself in the same pot as everyone else. We will all have good days, bad days and and every day to be thankful for our bands!