Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2022 surgery buddies



Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, Slspoon said:

June 29th Utah. Pre op I tried out tons of Proteins and clears. I thought I was ready but the last3 days I can only drink 2oz every 40 mins. In between stomach growls I had the sleeve.

Congratulations. How is it going so far?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3-derland!

I'm a daily weigher. I know it's not a popular, but I've always had the most success when I know I'm going to have to check-in everyday. This morning it was 397.0 - my first visit into the 3s in a long, long time. I am happy!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 07/02/2022 at 10:33, doobie31 said:



3-derland!




I'm a daily weigher. I know it's not a popular, but I've always had the most success when I know I'm going to have to check-in everyday. This morning it was 397.0 - my first visit into the 3s in a long, long time. I am happy!


CONGRATS!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

TMI, maybe, but Is anyone having any trouble with diarrhea? I took Miralax on day 3 and I went to the bathroom probably 5 or 6 times yesterday (day 4) and at day 5 I’ve already went several times. Definitely feeling a bit light headed as I met my Protein goal yesterday but only 40 ounces of water…

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, JS said:

TMI, maybe, but Is anyone having any trouble with diarrhea? I took Miralax on day 3 and I went to the bathroom probably 5 or 6 times yesterday (day 4) and at day 5 I’ve already went several times. Definitely feeling a bit light headed as I met my Protein goal yesterday but only 40 ounces of water…

You are losing Fluid and electrolytes with diarrhea. Try sugar free ice pops as Water may be exacerbating the diarrhea. Take sips of water if you do have water…tiny sips. Replenishing fluids takes time. Don’t overdo. Don’t go out in the heat. Be kind to yourself and rest. Maybe 1/2 an immodium? Also, sip weak Decaf tea.

good luck !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought the sleeve made you less hungry but it’s four days after surgery I stomach growls and I can’t drink more than 2 ounces but I’m diabetic and my blood sugars have been low all four days and I’ve had to turn my insulin pump down three times. I’m counting the days till I go to soft foods and I’ve watched at least 20 YouTube videos on how to make soft and parade foods fake hamburgers shepherds pie summer from nursing homes where all the patients have no teeth but the recipes look good

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My surgery date was June 22, 2022 after almost a year of waiting. I’m 10 days post op today. 🎉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Had surgery June 29th. 4 days post op and the struggle is real ! I’m so hungry

Edited by Thicc1003

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 07/02/2022 at 19:18, Thicc1003 said:



Had surgery June 29th. 4 days post op and the struggle is real ! I’m so hungry


I am too! I thought I wouldn’t be, from everything I’ve read, but that’s not the case. I’m 12 days post op and cooking every night is killing me. On Friday I can finally do purées and it can’t come fast enough!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, lvetere83 said:

I am too! I thought I wouldn’t be, from everything I’ve read, but that’s not the case. I’m 12 days post op and cooking every night is killing me. On Friday I can finally do purées and it can’t come fast enough!!

I've been on purees since day 2 and I'm not what I would call hungry. Weak sometimes and know I need to eat, but not stomach hunger. I'd be curious if purees have the same effect on you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Thicc1003 said:

Had surgery June 29th. 4 days post op and the struggle is real ! I’m so hungry

Are you taking any acid blockers? My doctor sends us home on them because the stomach acid can trigger ‘hunger’.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 07/02/2022 at 20:37, doobie31 said:






I've been on purees since day 2 and I'm not what I would call hungry. Weak sometimes and know I need to eat, but not stomach hunger. I'd be curious if purees have the same effect on you.


I’ll be on puréed food starting Friday. They say that can include ground chicken or Turkey as long as it’s cooked in some kind of sauce and chewed very well. I’m excited for that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, acopas said:

Are you taking any acid blockers? My doctor sends us home on them because the stomach acid can trigger ‘hunger’.

Good point. My doctor had a month’s prescription for Protonix filled prior to surgery. It’s an acid blocker and I will take it at least for another few weeks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Trending Products

  • Trending Topics

  • Recent Status Updates

    • Tim in Tampa

      Just started my pre-op diet today!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • jenuinelygenuinely

      To working out faithfully for 5 days a week. Lets go back to that year with a more positive mind, 
       
      SKINNY SZN HERE WE COME!!!!
       
      It's Saturday!!! My fiance and I are out doing yard work and I made the mistake of not staying hydrated before going out so now my body is shaking and weak. I have my pre-op appointment Tuesday, the 2nd and I am trying my hardest to lose another 2 lbs by then. 

      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • jenuinelygenuinely

      Hi guys!!!
      Here is my big boy Zuko and daddy. My Great Dane/Shepherd. He was our first pup that we rescued from the Humane Society. 

      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • SimplySleevedCece

      Looking for new sleeve buddies! I’m 1.5 weeks post op and things seem to be getting a little difficult! I actually WANT food again eghh! Honestly, I feel like you don’t truly understand this process unless you go through it! Don’t be shy, say hello and let’s support each other during this journey 🙂
      · 1 reply
      1. jenuinelygenuinely

        You got this!! When I had the sleeve I cried every day during the liquid phase, It was during the super-bowl! I was sooo hungry I sucked on a piece of pork rind. LOL

    • jenuinelygenuinely

      A daily dose of my youngest fur boy Ozai
       
      My blue eyed Husky/Malamute

      · 2 replies
      1. SHORTY_

        Makes me wanna 'boop' it

      2. SimplySleevedCece

        😍 Aww look at his wittle teeef!

  • Recent Topics

  • Hot Products

  • Sign Up For
    Our Newsletter

    Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

    PatchAid Vitamin Patches

    ×