Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2022 surgery buddies

On 7/7/2022 at 12:37 PM, SummerC said:

Hi everyone! So today I went to my 1 month post op doctor's visit. My labs were impressive - thank goodness, as I was worried. I have lost 32 pounds since surgery 6/8/22. I did not lose any weight pre op, in fact I gained as I enjoyed a "last hurrah" eat fest. I was cleared for all gym workouts! Yaaaay! Also, no more Protein Shakes as I now need to eat food rich in Protein. I am also on a regular high Protein low carbs diet - 3 meals daily. I am honestly worried about this as my taste buds have changed, I'm never hungry, and even when I try to eat, I get full after 2 or 3 bits. This surgery has completely changed my relationship with food. There are times when I think of enjoying a large bowl of Pasta and chicken parmesan and feel sad, but that feeling is short lived when I look in the mirror or get on the scale and can say, the sacrifice was worth it. We can all do this!

That’s wonderful news…REAL FOOD again!!! Congratulations 🎉🎈🎉🎈!!!! I am 2 weeks post-op and completely understand how you feel. I have daydreams about pizza and ice cream. I’ve lost 15 pounds since surgery.
I couldn’t agree more…I get over the cravings when I see the scale and see my clothes getting looser every day.

I'm only 2 weeks post-op. I'm not supposed to be stalled already! I'm a daily weigher and have been 395 or 396 since last Saturday. It's actually not bothering me that much. I'm tracking, so I know I'm doing things right and this just happens. I've expected it, just not this soon. But I am ready for some more rapid weight loss. Waiting patiently.

1 hour ago, doobie31 said:

I'm only 2 weeks post-op. I'm not supposed to be stalled already! I'm a daily weigher and have been 395 or 396 since last Saturday. It's actually not bothering me that much. I'm tracking, so I know I'm doing things right and this just happens. I've expected it, just not this soon. But I am ready for some more rapid weight loss. Waiting patiently.

Something I swore to myself before going into surgery (among many other personal goals) was that I'm going to not even try to care about the number and I'm definitely not weighing every day. I figure that if I continue to follow my surgeons and my nutritionists instructions, the weight will come off in due time. I am starting to slow down in weight loss and have started week 5. As a "lifer" to weight loss struggles, I've learned that our bodies know what to do and if it means holding onto a few pounds for a few days for energy or whatever, as long as I am doing what I am supposed to do, my body will work with me and do what it needs to do.

I knew the weight loss would slow down after the first couple or few weeks and I'm fine with that. As long as I don't gain a bunch back, I am moving in the right direction.

Also keep in mind that if we aren't losing pounds, we are losing inches. Typically we don't lose both at the same time. Additionally, if we are exercising, in a way that builds muscle mass, the pounds may not seem to be coming off when in fact, those pounds are showing up in the form of muscle mass which weighs a lot more than fat.

Keep your chin up! You are doing awesome! Don't worry about the dumb scales. If your clothes are getting lose and you feel good, then you are definitely moving in the right direction! 🤗❤️

Edited by ShianRaineDrop

1 hour ago, doobie31 said:

I see this image shared often on other support sites about the 2-3 week weight loss.

E86A81C5-EE24-40B7-9A32-95CA80625ABA.png

@doobie31 Same here but I know I am doing all the right things so I am not going to stress about it. I’ll probably just stay off the scale for a few days and let it ride. I guess my body just needs to catch up with all of the changes in the last few weeks. The image @acopas shared is one I have seen other successful WLS people post. We got this!

That chart is wonderful @acopas! Thanks for posting that. I'm not worried about it, but seeing that makes me feel even better. And my energy, strength, mood - all doing very, very well. This is just a part of the process.

2.5 weeks post-op. 3rd day on soft foods. So many people say they have no interest in eating anymore. I am not that person. Still look forward to every meal.

On 4/4/2022 at 4:21 AM, Jessica1024 said:

I’m scared that This won’t work. I have gone and done something so drastic as to get 80%of my stomach cut out and I will be one of the people who lose 25lbs and my body just stops despite what I do. I am afraid I will have complications. That will make me regret the surgery. I’m just plan worried. Lol

How are you doing?

I'm doing well. Almost 3 weeks post op. Had my 2 week appointment on Thursday and my doc was impressed how much I'd lost since my final preop appointment (I was 402. I'm now 357). I'm finally eating soft and flaky foods. Today I had about 1 oz of boneless skinless airfried chicken thigh and .5 oz of refried Beans. It was delicious.

Sent from my SM-G781U using BariatricPal mobile app

1 minute ago, miss_esq89 said:

I'm doing well. Almost 3 weeks post op. Had my 2 week appointment on Thursday and my doc was impressed how much I'd lost since my final preop appointment (I was 402. I'm now 357). I'm finally eating soft and flaky foods. Today I had about 1 oz of boneless skinless airfried chicken thigh and .5 oz of refried Beans. It was delicious.

Sent from my SM-G781U using BariatricPal mobile app

that actually sounds so good right now. Congratulations on your weight loss. Don't be surprised if you hit your 3 week stall now. It's very normal, Just stick with the plan and you will see it falling again.

48 minutes ago, MsGina said:

How are you doing?

I was sleeved on June 22nd. Lost 10 lbs

1 st post op week then 0 since.

Im happy for you .. Im 4 years in and for two years I've been having the worst pain .. 245 in a year to 183 .

I was happy with that weight . then in 4 months 187 to 134. Esophagus spasm ulcer anemia and low on Vitamins .. Im cold because of anemic and in always throwing up

This calculator was encouraging to me, because even though the scale is not right now, it kinda gave me numbers to dream about.

Of course there is no universal thing for all of us, and who is to say it is accurate lol, but it helped ease my anxiety now, thinking about the long term.

https://sleeveclinic.ca/weight-loss-calculator/#:~:text=The amount of weight you,75% of their excess weight.