Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2022 surgery buddies



Recommended Posts

I also had very little pain. No pain meds after day 1.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 6/29/2022 at 7:53 AM, acopas said:

Doing okay today?

Still feel it, but getting better every day, thanks. Had my first "workout" today. My aerobic class. Felt so good to sweat again, even doing only a couple of songs at half speed. Miraculous how fast the recovery time is, isn't it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

double post, sorry

Edited by doobie31
Double post

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, doobie31 said:

Still feel it, but getting better every day, thanks. Had my first "workout" today. My aerobic class. Felt so good to sweat again, even doing only a couple of songs at half speed. Miraculous how fast the recovery time is, isn't it?

Awesome that you are back at it. My surgeon only allows 15-20 minute walk in the first 15 days; I'm at day 9 now, but plan on heading back to the gym next week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone have itchiness around any of their incisions? Mine are glued and obviously I’m not scratching them but for some reason my largest feels so itchy today (day 4 post op)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 07/01/2022 at 00:02, doobie31 said:






Still feel it, but getting better every day, thanks. Had my first "workout" today. My aerobic class. Felt so good to sweat again, even doing only a couple of songs at half speed. Miraculous how fast the recovery time is, isn't it?


You’re already working out? That’s amazing! I’m day 4 PO and I still have a lot of discomfort. What day were you when you did aerobics?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, JS said:

Does anyone have itchiness around any of their incisions? Mine are glued and obviously I’m not scratching them but for some reason my largest feels so itchy today (day 4 post op)

As long as it’s not swollen, red, oozing or warm, the itching is a sign of healing most likely. If the itching is that troublesome, you can ask your doc is maybe you can sprinkle a small amount of boric acid powder on it. There used to be a product called BFI powder and it was great but the company went out of business. In the alternative, ice packs may give you relief.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, JS said:

You’re already working out? That’s amazing! I’m day 4 PO and I still have a lot of discomfort. What day were you when you did aerobics?

I’ve been walking from the day of surgery and seriously walking (2 -3 miles) since Day 8 post op. Doctor cleared me yesterday for running (flat surface, no hills, don’t overdo), and Pilates. It’s a process. Every day means progress.

you’ll see. 😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, JS said:

You’re already working out? That’s amazing! I’m day 4 PO and I still have a lot of discomfort. What day were you when you did aerobics?

I feel very lucky that I haven't really had any discomfort since I left the hospital. I've walked consistently every day (short walks because I'm lazy, but many times a day). Yesterday was my day 9 post-op. Wrote my doc to see if low impact aerobics were ok and she said yes, just keep the session short and adjust according to how sore I feel after. Happy to report I have no soreness so I'll go more next time. I'm constantly surprised at how different people's post-op (and even pre-op) experiences are. This process is so much not a one-sized-fits-all. But the one constant - almost without exception, by 6 months post-op, we're all glad we had it and only wish we'd done it sooner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, acopas said:

Awesome that you are back at it. My surgeon only allows 15-20 minute walk in the first 15 days; I'm at day 9 now, but plan on heading back to the gym next week.

I've never heard of being limited in walking post-op. Everything I've heard is walk as much as possible. Consistently amazed at the different advice. Are you feeling pretty good, though? Recovering well and getting in your Water and Protein?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, doobie31 said:

I've never heard of being limited in walking post-op. Everything I've heard is walk as much as possible. Consistently amazed at the different advice. Are you feeling pretty good, though? Recovering well and getting in your Water and Protein?

Your points are very well made. I’ve been walking since 6 hours post op. That was 3 weeks ago. I’m doing 2-3 miles a day now. Got the ok to start running using common sense. And I’m going to start Pilates. Everyone is different…what’s good for one person is not necessarily good for another. Everyone must listen to their body.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Mariann812 said:

Your points are very well made. I’ve been walking since 6 hours post op. That was 3 weeks ago. I’m doing 2-3 miles a day now. Got the ok to start running using common sense. And I’m going to start Pilates. Everyone is different…what’s good for one person is not necessarily good for another. Everyone must listen to their body.

Now I'm feeling guilty I'm not walking more 😂😂😂 Pretty sure my body can handle it but I just don't have the patience. But my exercise of choice is UJam (a variation of Zumba). My wife (not irrational) is concerned I'm going to jump too fast back into exercise, so once I have my first post-op appointment on Thursday, they (my wife and surgeon) should clear me to get back to my favorite activity regularly. I can't wait to see what it feels like 40 pounds lighter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, doobie31 said:

I've never heard of being limited in walking post-op. Everything I've heard is walk as much as possible. Consistently amazed at the different advice. Are you feeling pretty good, though? Recovering well and getting in your Water and Protein?

So for my surgeon, we are on Clear Liquids for the first 9 days post op-followed by two weeks of full liquid. Calories the first week are slim to none. I was lucky if I got in 200-300 calories a day. He encourage walking often, but actually going out to walk for the purpose of exercise isn’t encouraged beyond 15-with p minutes a day.

Today started my first day of full liquids, so I’m at 300 calories and 60 grams of Protein currently. I’ll probably do some type of Soup for dinner, so I won’t get much more protein.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, acopas said:

So for my surgeon, we are on Clear Liquids for the first 9 days post op-followed by two weeks of full liquid. Calories the first week are slim to none. I was lucky if I got in 200-300 calories a day. He encourage walking often, but actually going out to walk for the purpose of exercise isn’t encouraged beyond 15-with p minutes a day.

Today started my first day of full liquids, so I’m at 300 calories and 60 grams of Protein currently. I’ll probably do some type of Soup for dinner, so I won’t get much more Protein.

Gotcha, wow, that's rough. But it should definitely let your tummy heal very well. Enjoy your liquids! I was so happy to be able to have Soup. That lasted about a week. Now I'm counting down the days to soft foods! 😂 I'd imagine your weight loss is off to a fantastic start!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

June 29th Utah. Pre op I tried out tons of Proteins and clears. I thought I was ready but the last3 days I can only drink 2oz every 40 mins. In between stomach growls I had the sleeve.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Trending Products

  • Trending Topics

  • Recent Status Updates

    • Tim in Tampa

      Just started my pre-op diet today!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • jenuinelygenuinely

      To working out faithfully for 5 days a week. Lets go back to that year with a more positive mind, 
       
      SKINNY SZN HERE WE COME!!!!
       
      It's Saturday!!! My fiance and I are out doing yard work and I made the mistake of not staying hydrated before going out so now my body is shaking and weak. I have my pre-op appointment Tuesday, the 2nd and I am trying my hardest to lose another 2 lbs by then. 

      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • jenuinelygenuinely

      Hi guys!!!
      Here is my big boy Zuko and daddy. My Great Dane/Shepherd. He was our first pup that we rescued from the Humane Society. 

      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • SimplySleevedCece

      Looking for new sleeve buddies! I’m 1.5 weeks post op and things seem to be getting a little difficult! I actually WANT food again eghh! Honestly, I feel like you don’t truly understand this process unless you go through it! Don’t be shy, say hello and let’s support each other during this journey 🙂
      · 1 reply
      1. jenuinelygenuinely

        You got this!! When I had the sleeve I cried every day during the liquid phase, It was during the super-bowl! I was sooo hungry I sucked on a piece of pork rind. LOL

    • jenuinelygenuinely

      A daily dose of my youngest fur boy Ozai
       
      My blue eyed Husky/Malamute

      · 2 replies
      1. SHORTY_

        Makes me wanna 'boop' it

      2. SimplySleevedCece

        😍 Aww look at his wittle teeef!

  • Recent Topics

  • Hot Products

  • Sign Up For
    Our Newsletter

    Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

    PatchAid Vitamin Patches

    ×