Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2022 surgery buddies

On 07/02/2022 at 20:37, doobie31 said:

I've been on purees since day 2 and I'm not what I would call hungry. Weak sometimes and know I need to eat, but not stomach hunger. I'd be curious if purees have the same effect on you.

I wish I was on purées!!! Lucky you

36 minutes ago, Thicc1003 said:

I wish I was on purées!!! Lucky you

We'll all be back to regular foods, eaten properly, before we know it.

On 7/2/2022 at 10:33 AM, doobie31 said:

3-derland!

I'm a daily weigher. I know it's not a popular, but I've always had the most success when I know I'm going to have to check-in everyday. This morning it was 397.0 - my first visit into the 3s in a long, long time. I am happy!

Congratulations! That is awesome. I can identify with that feeling. I am also a daily weigher....not good , I know. I am anxiously awaiting my journey back to the 1s, hopefully that will be in a couple weeks. I want to be in that category by my daughter's wedding which will be on the 31st. There's this sexy dress I want to wear, so far, it almost fits as I'm shedding a lot of inches.

36 minutes ago, SummerC said:

Congratulations! That is awesome. I can identify with that feeling. I am also a daily weigher....not good , I know. I am anxiously awaiting my journey back to the 1s, hopefully that will be in a couple weeks. I want to be in that category by my daughter's wedding which will be on the 31st. There's this sexy dress I want to wear, so far, it almost fits as I'm shedding a lot of inches.

Congratulations!!!! 🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉 You can do it! At any weight you will be beautiful mother of the bride! Best wishes to you and your family!

13 days post-op. Had my second work out - dance aerobics. Felt great, can feel the different in my weight and lack of back pain. But after about 4 songs, I crash. The energy/stamina is not there yet. I don't know if it's lack of food, being out of shape or a combination, but can't wait be able to dance for hours again. But right now, I'm extremely happy to be dancing without pain.

1 hour ago, doobie31 said:

13 days post-op. Had my second work out - dance aerobics. Felt great, can feel the different in my weight and lack of back pain. But after about 4 songs, I crash. The energy/stamina is not there yet. I don't know if it's lack of food, being out of shape or a combination, but can't wait be able to dance for hours again. But right now, I'm extremely happy to be dancing without pain.

Congratulations! I’m walking and running without knee pain, and it feels like a miracle. I am experiencing something similar regarding energy. I’ve had to be very kind to me regarding getting out every day and doing 3-4 miles. That’s just not happening right now. The heat is an issue, bp meds are an issue, energy is an issue. 🤷🏻‍♀️ It’s a process. It will sort itself out. I’m not even 1 month post op, and I’m trying to be patient. Good luck to you!

2 hours ago, Mariann812 said:

Congratulations! I’m walking and running without knee pain, and it feels like a miracle. I am experiencing something similar regarding energy. I’ve had to be very kind to me regarding getting out every day and doing 3-4 miles. That’s just not happening right now. The heat is an issue, bp meds are an issue, energy is an issue. 🤷🏻‍♀️ It’s a process. It will sort itself out. I’m not even 1 month post op, and I’m trying to be patient. Good luck to you!

Exactly! I'll start feeling on top of the world, making moves I haven't made in years, then come crashing down. But no surprise on 500 calories a day. We'll both get there and be better than ever. I can't wait.

On 07/04/2022 at 19:51, doobie31 said:

Exactly! I'll start feeling on top of the world, making moves I haven't made in years, then come crashing down. But no surprise on 500 calories a day. We'll both get there and be better than ever. I can't wait.

Are you on full liquids? I was curious how many calories people are getting. I seem to be at 350 - 375

52 minutes ago, JS said:

I started reading backward and answered my own questions @doobies31 lol

As you found out, I'm on purees. 200 cals from Protein Powder alone (50g). Then cream of wheat, Soup, yogurt, pudding, Peanut Butter powder and food boredom making up the rest.

I am exactly one week post-op today. The start of my week was rough. Post-op I woke up and vomited for the first 24 hours (literally non-stop). My blood pressure was on the fritz in the hospital as well. After coming home I had some pretty terrible muscle soreness. Starting on Friday I was having some pretty significant pain in my incision sites. Today has been much better. Through this whole journey I have put on a happy face to my friends and family and acted as though I am great. Just a while ago as I was showering, I finally let myself have a pity party. I cried and I prayed so hard that it’s all going to be better soon. I just wanted to vent and get it all out. I don’t regret anything I just needed a vent! Thanks for letting me get it out. Happy 4th of July everyone!

1 hour ago, kimberlyann84 said:

I am exactly one week post-op today. The start of my week was rough. Post-op I woke up and vomited for the first 24 hours (literally non-stop). My blood pressure was on the fritz in the hospital as well. After coming home I had some pretty terrible muscle soreness. Starting on Friday I was having some pretty significant pain in my incision sites. Today has been much better. Through this whole journey I have put on a happy face to my friends and family and acted as though I am great. Just a while ago as I was showering, I finally let myself have a pity party. I cried and I prayed so hard that it’s all going to be better soon. I just wanted to vent and get it all out. I don’t regret anything I just needed a vent! Thanks for letting me get it out. Happy 4th of July everyone!

I applaud you! I am almost 1 month post op and I’ve ‘sucked it up’ a lot! I think it has a fair amount to do with hormones. And the other huge changes our bodies are undergoing. I’m finding that it’s a process. One step forward some days, two steps back on others. The spikes seem to be less spikey and severe as time goes in. I am beginning to understand why some people say it’s a full 6-8 weeks till they feel like themselves again. I have days when I feel like I have unlimited energy, and then I have days when I don’t want to move. Good luck and continued success!

On 07/04/2022 at 20:56, doobie31 said:

As you found out, I'm on purees. 200 cals from Protein Powder alone (50g). Then cream of wheat, Soup, yogurt, pudding, Peanut Butter powder and food boredom making up the rest.

I can actually have pudding, oatmeal, cottage cheese and yogurt in my full liquid stage. I think my doctor is very different than most considering I didn’t have to do a liquid diet pre-op either.

5 minutes ago, JS said:

I can actually have pudding, oatmeal, cottage cheese and yogurt in my full liquid stage. I think my doctor is very different than most considering I didn’t have to do a liquid diet pre-op either.

The different protocols are likely studies the doctor and/or practice are doing to determine if there is an optimal protocol. It explains why the stages are all over the map.

On 07/05/2022 at 14:22, Mariann812 said:

The different protocols are likely studies the doctor and/or practice are doing to determine if there is an optimal protocol. It explains why the stages are all over the map.

True. Good point and def no complaints lol. My office told me consistent dieting prior to the surgery making small changes impacts the liver just as much as a liquid diet. They only require you to avoid fatty foods and eat as lean and green as possible 2 weeks prior. Just liquid one day before. My liver was perfect doing that! I was super nervous that it wouldn’t be seeing everyone else on liquid or extreme calorie restriction lol