Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2022 surgery buddies

3 minutes ago, JS said:

True. Good point and def no complaints lol. My office told me consistent dieting prior to the surgery making small changes impacts the liver just as much as a liquid diet. They only require you to avoid fatty foods and eat as lean and green as possible 2 weeks prior. Just liquid one day before. My liver was perfect doing that! I was super nervous that it wouldn’t be seeing everyone else on liquid or extreme calorie restriction lol

I agree. We are like Santa’s bag of toys. We all get thrown in the weight loss surgery bag, and when they ‘shake us out,’ we’ve all had fairly different protocols and yet at the same time, basically the same protocols.
best of luck to you!

I think what I was MOST thankful for with my practice’s protocol was that Clear Liquids post op were only one day. I despised the clear liquid Protein Drinks. 🤢

23 minutes ago, JS said:

True. Good point and def no complaints lol. My office told me consistent dieting prior to the surgery making small changes impacts the liver just as much as a liquid diet. They only require you to avoid fatty foods and eat as lean and green as possible 2 weeks prior. Just liquid one day before. My liver was perfect doing that! I was super nervous that it wouldn’t be seeing everyone else on liquid or extreme calorie restriction lol

I have another friend told the same thing. But she was much smaller than me, so I was wondering if that's why. Regardless - I would've killed for that. The pre-op was the hardest.

On the upside - my dietician said instant mashed potatoes were fine for pre-op, so I'm enjoying the heck out of a really bad four cheese mashed potatoes with Protein Powder right now.

What’s everyone’s weight loss been ?? Is it what you expected. Yes or No ?

07/05/2022 05:35 PM, Jessica1024 said:

4 weeks post op tomorrow. I’ve lost 31 lbs.

this has so far exceeded my wildest expectations that I am blown away.

ETA: highest weight ever was when insurance paperwork was submitted at 222. Got down to 209 on 6/8 day of surgery. Came home at 222 from IV fluids. (Can’t make this stuff up)

I’m at 191 now and FitTrack says I’m averaging 7/10 of a lb a day.

HTH

17 minutes ago, Jessica1024 said:

I'll be four weeks post-op tomorrow. My highest weight was 238, surgery weight was 214 and today I weighed 197. I was so excited to get under 200 - it's been a long time! I'm very pleased with my weight loss so far. I stalled for more than a week but just kept doing what I should be doing and the numbers started to drop again. I don't know exactly what I expected but I'm happy with my progress.

27 minutes ago, Jessica1024 said:

Two weeks post op-today. Lost 39lbs since I started pre-op liquid. 14 pounds since surgery. TBH, my post-surgery weight loss is a little slower than expected, but that's probably because of the 25 I lost on the pre-op. I also gained 5 overnight in surgery (liquids) so had to lose that. So while I'm a tad disappointment, I'm not unhappy. I think it was unreasonable hopes given the circumstance. Overall, 39 lbs in a month. I am very, very happy.

I am 13 days post op. 10 lbs since day of surgery. Been stalled last 4 days. I did lose 7 lbs the week before surgery. Tomorrow I start soft foods. I did go ahead and try some refried been mash tonight and I can only eat maybe 1 oz without vomiting back up into my mouth. Iv been struggling with getting in liquids and liquid Proteins due to restriction. Can’t imagine eating enough to get Protein in. This is way more difficult to manage nutritionally then I ever expected

1 hour ago, Jessica1024 said:

I am 13 days post op. 10 lbs since day of surgery. Been stalled last 4 days. I did lose 7 lbs the week before surgery. Tomorrow I start soft foods. I did go ahead and try some refried been mash tonight and I can only eat maybe 1 oz without vomiting back up into my mouth. Iv been struggling with getting in liquids and liquid Proteins due to restriction. Can’t imagine eating enough to get Protein in. This is way more difficult to manage nutritionally then I ever expected

I feel very lucky to have gotten off to a good start. I know many people have not. But pretty much everyone eventually finds their footing and get things running smoothly. So hopefully you're not getting too down over things, they always get better.

I'm two weeks out from surgery today and 100% not interested in any food/liquids. My sense of smell seems to be increased and most smells are making me feel nauseated. I have another 8/9 days left on liquids before I can move on to soft foods. I had been looking forward to that, but even know I'd be okay not eating ever again.

Currently, I'm struggling to get in one Fairlife shake a day and about 4oz of Soup.

6 minutes ago, acopas said:

I'm two weeks out from surgery today and 100% not interested in any food/liquids. My sense of smell seems to be increased and most smells are making me feel nauseated. I have another 8/9 days left on liquids before I can move on to soft foods. I had been looking forward to that, but even know I'd be okay not eating ever again.

Currently, I'm struggling to get in one Fairlife shake a day and about 4oz of Soup.

I think I envy you, but I'm not sure. What a different life! Is your energy level still pretty decent with so little in you?

10 minutes ago, doobie31 said:

I think I envy you, but I'm not sure. What a different life! Is your energy level still pretty decent with so little in you?

Doing fine on energy. I've been back to work since 5 days post-op, keeping up with my teen and toddler just fine. I don't seem to be dehydrated even though I'm not getting much fluids.

2 minutes ago, Raisingphoenix78 said:

I had mine on June 20th just had a follow up yesterday. Down 23 lbs

Amazing transformation already!

Oh it takes a while I have been doing the process since October of 2020 my last dietician appointment was in November 2021 and blood work in February 2022 then surgery in may 2022 it’s quite a process at least for me good luck I wish you the best