Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

American Idol '08

smatyas

I thought Jason Castro's songs were a tiny bit weak in a few places but otherwise I really liked the tone of his voice and I liked him better last night than ever before. Go figure.

I think Syesha should get on with her Broadway/movie career. I think I could really enjoy her in a venue like that, but on American Idol I can hardly stand her. I loved her dress but what was with the bare feet?

I continue to be very impressed with David Cook. I think his personality reflects a shy, little bit introverted guy. I think that it comes across sometimes as being glib or maybe a little haughty. But he has a hard time responding to spontaneous questions and if you really look pay close attention, you can tell he's grateful and thrilled with the judges and audience's response to him. I put my money on David Cook.

Boy was Archuleta's performance predictable. I heard an R Kelly song the other day and I finally realized who Archuleta reminds me of. R Kelly's song was amazingly similar in style and tone to Archuleta. In fact, I thought it might be Archuleta at first. Glad I could see on the read out in the car that it was R Kelly performing.

I really think that some of Paula's stuff is planned for shock value. It gets her in the news everytime and consequently American Idol gets mentioned too. If it had been real, I don't think Simon would have handled it the way he did. I also don't think they would have let her go on for so long in her critique of Jason's "two" songs. Of course she's a real flake, so I could definitely be wrong.

Brooke's second song was like the original, pre stage and Simon fright, Brooke. It finally made me remember why I liked her so much in the beginning.

Who's going off tonight? I know it could be Jason Castro, but he has a really strong fan base. I'm hoping it is Syesha because I want to see the others perform the Idol stuff more. How 'bout ya'll?

I thought Jason Castro's songs were a tiny bit weak in a few places but otherwise I really liked the tone of his voice and I liked him better last night than ever before. Go figure.

I think Syesha should get on with her Broadway/movie career. I think I could really enjoy her in a venue like that, but on American Idol I can hardly stand her. I loved her dress but what was with the bare feet?

I continue to be very impressed with David Cook. I think his personality reflects a shy, little bit introverted guy. I think that it comes across sometimes as being glib or maybe a little haughty. But he has a hard time responding to spontaneous questions and if you really look pay close attention, you can tell he's grateful and thrilled with the judges and audience's response to him. I put my money on David Cook.

Boy was Archuleta's performance predictable. I heard an R Kelly song the other day and I finally realized who Archuleta reminds me of. R Kelly's song was amazingly similar in style and tone to Archuleta. In fact, I thought it might be Archuleta at first. Glad I could see on the read out in the car that it was R Kelly performing.

I really think that some of Paula's stuff is planned for shock value. It gets her in the news everytime and consequently American Idol gets mentioned too. If it had been real, I don't think Simon would have handled it the way he did. I also don't think they would have let her go on for so long in her critique of Jason's "two" songs. Of course she's a real flake, so I could definitely be wrong.

Brooke's second song was like the original, pre stage and Simon fright, Brooke. It finally made me remember why I liked her so much in the beginning.

Who's going off tonight? I know it could be Jason Castro, but he has a really strong fan base. I'm hoping it is Syesha because I want to see the others perform the Idol stuff more. How 'bout ya'll?

It's down to tough decisions - for me David Cook should win - he is the most original of the group - and this is coming from someone who thought at the start "why in the heck is he in the top 12" - But he's really great.

David A - is the same over and over - he is a great singer - but no piazza

Ayesha (sp) Will be great on Broadway

Jason - Love him too but he is just too shy..

Brooke - Carol King wanta be - she will do good but won't win.

Man, Paula gets quackier each time I see her. It could have been planned, but I thought she seemed very embarrassed by it. She just didn't seem herself the rest of the show. Who knows......

I didn't think round 1 was good for anyone. I'm glad they had to sing 2.

David Cook and Brooke got my votes last night. I thought both of their 2nd songs were really good. I loved David C's second song, it could be a hit right now. BJean, I agree with you, I hope David Cook wins. I agreed with Simon, Brooke's first song was a nightmare. She needs some help figuring out what to do with her body while she is singing. She just looks very awkward. I prefer when she sings with the piano and she can focus on just singing and not having to worry about movement.

David A........very predictable. That boy really boils my blood. He gets more irritating every week. I wish he would just go home, but I doubt that will happen anytime soon.

I thought this was Jason Castro's weakest performance yet. I love his voice, but the songs were boring and didn't show off his vocal ability.

I agree with all of you about Syesha. I don't like her style. She needs to accept that she belongs in theatre/or on the big screen.

So, I hope it's Syesha that is voted off, but if it's not her, Jason could be in trouble.

georgia I completely agree about Brooke. She's so uncomfortable without the piano or guitar that it makes me very nervous for her. I thought her piano playing last night with her second song was a very good complement to her performance.

I also agree with Indiogirl that Brooke can't win. I do think she probably has a nice career ahead of her. Afterall, Carole King is pretty much over the hill and gone isn't she? At least I never hear much about her anymore. So there's room for another Carole King. It would be great if Brooke could write songs as well as Carole. Man Carole King has a history of writing good tunes that goes back to the late '50s I think.

I hope Syesha will go, but, I too think Jason Castro could be in trouble. His fan base could save him, but based soly on last night. I still say he was the wekest. lately it seems that every song he sings sounds the same. I really like him, but he is just getting boring.

Fairy, That is really cool about seeing Anwar(sp). He was one of my favorites from last year!!

Has anyone watched AI yet?

I am soooooo mad! I don't know who was sent home. My satellite messed up and I missed the last 20 minutes! Can someone PM me and tell me who was sent home? I don't want to spoil it for those who haven't seen it yet by posting it here, but I would appreciate it if someone could let me know. I'm dying of suspicion here...

Jason was one of my favs, he's so cute, and for a couple weeks he sang songs that are 'weird' that I always liked.. the Rufus Wainwright Hallalujah, the Isam (sp)'s version of Somewhere Over the Rainbow, etc.

But I gotta admit, I have fast forwarded through him for a couple weeks now :smile:

I'm not all gung ho about anyone after this week. I didn't like any of them. I think it's this set artist theme crap. I don't want to hear 10 Neil Diamond songs. I want them to pick stuff they want to do!!

I think it's this set artist theme crap. I don't want to hear 10 Neil Diamond songs. I want them to pick stuff they want to do!!

You know, I SO agree with that statement. I don't want to hear 10 songs by one artist/songwriter at this point. Now it's time for them to choose their own genre, and let us see just what we'll be getting from them once the show is over. They've already proven themselves. Now let 'em do what they do, and let us decide based on THAT.

Did they announce what or if next week has a theme??

I'm soo over this theme stuff too. At least last year they Bon Jovi, that was probably my favorite show of all the seasons combined. But Neil Diamond?? Andrew Lloyd Weber?? Time to let the kids show what they can do with the songs that THEY choose!!

Until this season, I always watched the funny first auditions, then tuned in for the last 3 weeks to see who won. Has it always been this way? I thought they gave them a theme like.. "60's" and they got to pick 60's songs.

Have they always done a whole week of a certain artist? Dolly Parton, ALW, Neil Diamond, etc? I think it sucks honestly, we're not getting to see them shine, we're getting to see them mildly adapt to being made to sing songs.

Yes, this is the way it's always been. They've done everyone from the BeeGees to Hall & Oats, Motown, and Disney. I hate some of the theme weeks. I thought I heard Ryan say that next week is Rock week or something... I remember thinking that it'll be David Cook's week again.

I dont think AI is as good as the years past.

and this singing songs of really really older singers is whack. Let these kids pick for them selves what to sing.

Just my own opinion...

I too think they should be picking their own songs. Songs that fit their style. Then they would all be good. I was not pleased with the show this week. I didn't care for the songs. And I'm a Neil Diamond fan! (my age is showing) Anyway, they did mention next week is Rock week. We will see.