Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

American Idol '08

smatyas

I have to admit, I'm really not a David C. fan, BUT. He completely took my breath away when he sang Music Of The Night from Phantom. That is one of the most difficult songs to sing, and he NAILED it with a sledgehammer. I told DH after that performance that he just won AI. Hands down. Not only can he be creative enough to stay true to himself with songs that wouldn't normally be his style, but he can also pull off singing a very well known song without trying to change it.

I still love Jason Castro, didn't love his performance this week, but I still think he's going to be a great artist in his own right.

David C earned my respect this week, and I'm not a fan...

I have a feeling it is all going to come down to the two David's. I like David A, but I just don't think he is American Idol material right now, maybe in a few more years with some maturity he will be. But, I think he has the teenage girl voting population on his side.

David Cook seems to be getting better and better every week. I really enjoy him and he definitely has my vote.

I had a feeling that Brooke has a strong following. I knew that Jason Castro did. But I honestly thought he'd be out last night. It was almost as shocking as watching Michael Johns being voted off. Carly has the pipes, that's for sure.

Syesha is beautiful and she has a charming way about her, even if her voice isn't the best. She's destined to be a star, although I still think she belongs in movies.

Carly and Michael J. will go on to have big careers, I think. And am I the only one who thinks that David Cook has it in the bag at this point? I think he's awesome in the way he adapts every song he sings to his own voice. David A. does too, but it's just not a style that I care for. If he wins, I'll be very disappointed. He's cute and he's talented, and I think he has a very successful career ahead. But I think that David Cook can be as big or bigger than any of the previous winners. Especially if he keeps improving his look like he's been doing.

I pretty much feel the same way you do. Even though I still like him a lot, I thought for sure that Jason was out.

I was pretty worried about Brooke last night too. I thought it could have been her who was sent home as well. Poor thing, she was shaking during her performance. I agree with whoever said that the judges have destroyed her confidence.

Syesha did so well. I could definitely see her having a future in Broadway.

I think if the winner is chosen by talent, David Cook will take the cake. I was a little surprised that he didn't change up the song to fit his style. But, I think it was a wise choice. It definitely showed me that he can really sing. I thought it showcased his vocal ability better than any other song he has performed.

Carly can definitely sing, I just think she over does it a lot. Too much shouting for me. I didn't really like her performance.

David A, eeeh. It's not that I don't think he can sing, because he can, very well actually. I just don't care for him as a person. Everything about him irritates me. Grrrrr. Okay, I'll stop now.

I completely agree with you all. Wonder if you can gauge the voting on our small sampling of viewers.

Not overly upset that Carly is gone...I much prefer Jason to the other contestants, so I am glad he's still in.

My votes for next week?

Jason Castro will sing = girl, you'll be a woman soon while scrunching up his face in an effort ot hit the higher notes

Brooke will sing = song sung blue while quivery and furrowing her eyebrows madly

David archuletta will sing = you don't bring me flowers (boy he loves a cheesy song, doesn't he?)

David Cook will sing a crazy rock version of sweet caroline (that he'll attempt to pass off as his own, but is truly from some obscure house band in NYC

Syesha will sing anything that will make her look older than her age. She has a certain predilection for those songs, don't you think?

feeling a little punchy today...sorry!

Rain

Not overly upset that Carly is gone...I much prefer Jason to the other contestants, so I am glad he's still in.

My votes for next week?

Jason Castro will sing = girl, you'll be a woman soon while scrunching up his face in an effort ot hit the higher notes

Brooke will sing = song sung blue while quivery and furrowing her eyebrows madly

David archuletta will sing = you don't bring me flowers (boy he loves a cheesy song, doesn't he?)

David Cook will sing a crazy rock version of sweet caroline (that he'll attempt to pass off as his own, but is truly from some obscure house band in NYC

Syesha will sing anything that will make her look older than her age. She has a certain predilection for those songs, don't you think?

Rain

Now THAT'S funny! And probably pretty accurate...

Anyone heard what the theme is next week?

My votes for next week?

Rain

AHHHH I agree with pretty much all of that!!! I especially know what you mean about Brooke, I HATE all those facial expressions she makes!!!!!!! She looks like she is trying to life a 900 pound weight while she is singing, it drives me NUTS!

Ok, I really like Jason Castro, but based on tonight's performances, he should really go. David Cook and Brooke's second songs were really good, but other than that noone really stood out. Syesha was better than normal.

WHAT'S THE DEAL WITH PAULA???

I missed it last night. The radio was mentioning something about Paula too, what did she do now? I have it tivo'd and will watch it tonight, but can't wait!!

You'll have to watchit to fuly understand, but at the end of everyone's first song the judges gave a quick rundown of how everyone did. Jason Castro was first. Paula critiques his first 2 songs.... He had only sang 1 song. She seemed really loopy all night.

Edited by renewedhope
correct spelling

You'll have to watchit to fuly understand, but at the end of everyone's first son the judges gave a quick rundown of how everyone did. Jason Castro was first. Paula critiques his first 2 songs.... He had only sang 1 song. She seemed really loopy all night.

Boy she was pathetic! Even when it was brought to her attention that he'd only sung once, she then tried to say it was Cook but that didn't make sense either! I think she took an extra dose of pain killers preshow.

Oh, I was so wrong with my choices....bummer...although I should have known that David A would sing America...He's a total six flags singer...He should be singing during the American pride jet ski 1:45pm show!

I thought brooke did a great job with her second song...I really dislike the two david's so it is hard to be objective...but I didn't like either of them. I can't stand David Cook's affected appearance and personality. blech!

Syesha just does NOT do it for me...I don't like her type of singing at all.

I thought Jason Castro sounded pretty good..especially during the first song...

Oh well...

Rain

I saw Anwyr Robinson last night! Ya'll remember him from last season? The long dreads, perfect smile, music teacher? He was in this musicla I went to (RENT) last night. Kind of neat.