Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

American Idol '08

smatyas

I really liked that performance, but yeah, I've never seen this Peggy Lee person, never even heard of her.....??

madonna does a decent version of it as well~

i think last night was boring - none were great, but david c is still my favorite by far.

i really hope next season they "drop" the "theme" night.

luluc: I didn't know Madonna had also done it. Did you see her perform it in person? My guess is that she didn't smile at the audience while she was singing it.

All the big grins were what I thought was inappropriate in Syesha's performance of that song. Also I think that if you're going to vamp it up and sit in a chair, etc., you shouldn't be wearing such a short dress. It was all very distracting instead of making it seem like she was really selling the song.

I do think that she has come a long way from the beginning. She seems to be the most improved overall. I just don't think that makes her better than the two Davids. Although I would rather see Syesha perform than David A.

I like his voice a lot. Now if he could establish some kind of neat stage persona, he'd be ready to cut his own records and tour everywhere. The sheepish, toe in the sand shy giggly bashful thing is unattractive to me.

MissyG: Peggy Lee could sing a song like that better than anyone before or since. Did you ever see "Lady and the Tramp"? Remember the sexy gal at the dog pound who sang that song about Tramp - "He's a Tramp, but I love him"? That was Peggy Lee's voice.

Both David's are going to be in the finale. GOOO DAVID COOK!!!

luluc: Thanks!! I'll listen. Madonna is awesome.

(Is this the thread where I'm a trouble maker?)

froggi: Gooooooo David Cook!!!!!!!

luluc: Thanks!! I'll listen. Madonna is awesome.

(Is this the thread where I'm a trouble maker?)

froggi: Gooooooo David Cook!!!!!!!

no the other one we struggle with..LOL;

Gotcha.

I was never quite sure which side of the fence you were really on at that thread. I think you believe in women's rights as it relates to that topic, right? But you were very gentle about it. And that's a good thing! After a while, I tend to become abrasive because I feel so strongly about it. And that's of course a big turn off to most people. Which is understandable!

i'm of the same view as yours - you had taken some heat though.....

i say syesha is gone tonight - and w/all the "crazed" girls in the audience....i HOPE david a does not win; he really did poorly i think last night., wonder if any was daddy drama??

I still think David Cook should win!

Syesha has definitely improved the most, but I felt like she was trying to get by with "sex appeal" last night. I just can't believe out of all the songs out there, she would choose that one to perform. Was it just me, or did anyone else notice she was acting REALLY different last night, even her accent changed? Strange....

David A did good as well. Of course, he did good on his ballads but I am soooo bored with him. I applaud him for trying a more upbeat song, but I really didn't like it. I love the Chris Brown version (my DH has that song as my ringtone on his phone) and David's just wasn't believable to me, it didn't flow as well as the original. Not sure if anyone else noticed but I'm pretty sure he stumbled up on the lyrics. The judges didn't mention it but DH and I both know the song and we both looked at each other when it happened. He almost forgot the words and you could tell that he was trying to remember and the words were delayed. I applaud him for the way he handled it though, he covered it up well.

I loved David Cooks first and last song. I was really disappointed in the song he chose. I love the song (I still remember that song from the movie "A Walk to Remember") but he was flat through the whole first verse and part of the middle. I wonder if he had a sore throat because I noticed he sounded more raspy than usual on the other songs too. Just a thought...

I wonder if he had a sore throat because I noticed he sounded more raspy than usual on the other songs too. Just a thought...

i though the same~

MissyG: Peggy Lee could sing a song like that better than anyone before or since. Did you ever see "Lady and the Tramp"? Remember the sexy gal at the dog pound who sang that song about Tramp - "He's a Tramp, but I love him"? That was Peggy Lee's voice.

Nope, I've never seen Lady and the Tramp. :thumbup:

Not a big Disney fan? Or just missed that particular one? It's been around forever. I recommend it if you ever get a chance to see it.

Are you rooting for Syesha to win, MissyG? Or David Archuleta?

I know I am the lone one, but I LOVED Syesha last night. She looked beautiful and sang really well. She didn't look like she was overdoing the sex appeal to me. She just looked like she was having fun. If you've got it flaunt it, and man does she have it!!

having said that, I think I am in the minority here. I think Syesha will go home tonight. :party:

David A is on my nerves and David Cook doesn't do much for me either. I think we got rid of the REAL talent early!!

Now that it is down to the two David's it doesn't much matter to me who wins because either way, they are both so talented and have amazing careers in front of them. I think little David would be a better "Idol" so they can steer him and mold him into a performer?

David Cook is mature enough to go out on his own and make it, in fact it seems to me that would be the better way to go for David C. so he doesn't have the "Idol" baggage, he can find his own label and do what he wants, much like it has worked out for Daughtry.

Anyhoo.....I'm so glad that Dancing w/ the Stars and American Idol are soon to be over so I can get my nights back. I have been a slave to the TV for toooo long now!!! LOL