Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

American Idol '08

smatyas

BTW, Sayesha was a CLASS ACT. She did fantastic all the way through the competition, she was respectful to the judges, even when they didn't deserve it. I hope she has a wonderful career doing what she loves, she deserves it!!!!

Bye Syesha!!

You know I love David Cook, but I do think you make an excellent point, MissyG. David A. can use some serious coaching and promoting and David C. probably needs to be able to tap into his creative side more.

I thought that Syesha was a great presence in the competition. Early on I didn't care for her because she seemed to force the upper registers too much for me. But you know she really did handle everything with a whole lot of maturity and there's no question that she has an important career ahead of her. I think she has a better voice than Vanessa Williams and probably overall is, as you said, classier. They're both breathtakingly beautiful.

I also think that the show suffered after Carly and Brooke left. In fact there were several early competitors that I really enjoyed watching. I thought this whole group was top-notch. I was more engaged this time than ever before in the show from beginning to now. I'm always surprised when I hear someone say they don't think this group was all that good. My DIL asked me if I'd forgotten Melinda (who we all loved).

Which makes me wonder - what happened to Melinda?

What did ya'll think of whatzername's performance - last years winner? I cannot think of her name right this minute. Brain freeze. She sort of put Lucy to shame with the hair color.

What did ya'll think of whatzername's performance - last years winner? I cannot think of her name right this minute. Brain freeze. She sort of put Lucy to shame with the hair color.

Do you mean Fantasia? I've never been a fan of hers, so I shouldn't say much.....but I will anyway! EEWWW, didn't like it AT ALL! Was actually watching it thinking.....WTF???

Not good, not good....in my opinion.....:cry_smile:

It was awful, IMO! Just sounded like a bunch of yelling to me, not to mention the bad dancing. I think Simon's face said it all. Did ya'll notice his facial expressions near the end of her song......it was hilarious and priceless. He sure doesn't try to hide his true feelings.

David Cook!! David Cook! David Cook!!

Oh yeah I vote for David Cook to win!! I David A, but I think he's too young.

Just my 2 cents.

BTW, Sayesha was a CLASS ACT.

yes she was.

good point about being able to mold david a - they can do that more so w/him rather than david c.

david c might do best "not" to win - like daughtry, ps - i did see daughtry live when he opened up for bon jovi (still a hair band groupie from the 80's - lol) - he was great, however i think his voice isn't going to hold up long term. he and david c have a lot of similarities...

be interesting next wk..., did the show "rockstar" die? i loved that, again big INXS & Crue Fan - be nice to see that show this summer to get my fix in.

I love Rock Star! I really wish they would do another one!

Yeah, Fantasia. I keep thinking she's going to take a dump on the stage when she's singing. That was such a frenetic song it made me wonder if she's doing some of what Whitney got in trouble for.

Fantasia's performance scared me...it was horrid and her voice is so screaaaachy. I think Simon was thinking how the hell did she win LOL

When Fantasia was on the show, I loved her. But, her performance this week was just downright awful. I agree, Simon's face said it all. That was truly a priceless moment.

That look of incredulity on Simon's face really was priceless! I wasn't sure if he was thinking, WTF, or if he was thinking, man she's blowing the roof off this place.

I think it's the former. She was awful. I never liked her on the show, I don't know what people see in her. Well, I know what they see in her, but I don't have the same enthusiasm for it. Even my kids were holding their ears during her performance. After she was done performing and they show a wide shot of all the judges, Simon shoots a glance at Randy that seems to reflect the horrible performance vibe.

So who's going to take it tonight? I'm guessing it will be David. :cursing:

So who's going to take it tonight? I'm guessing it will be David. :cryin:

I bet you are right!! :cursing:

Hehehe, oh you guys...

I missed this episode! I was painting my room and didn't have the tv plugged in, the only song I saw was David A singing Imagine, the last song of the night. I thought he did amazing, and I have never been a fan of his. I watched the re-cap of all the songs sung tonight and even from the 5 second clips of each song I could tell they all sounded great! I'm with you guys, I have a feeling it will be...

David!!

hahaha oh and shinyhappymommy, I've never liked her either, and she was awful!!! Simon was on Jay Leno last night and he talked about what a bad performace it was lol.

I watched tonight and am hoping that Simon was using some reverse psychology with the audience...It has been noted before that when he is positive towards a contestant he bestows a "curse" and that person tends to be voted off (carly). I really enjoyed David Cook's performance tonight, but have never thought Archeleta has "star" potential and he seems so timid it drives me nuts...Simon basically called it as David A's night...so I am hoping that all the David Cook fans kicked it into overdrive. Even if he doesn't win, he will be great. Not winning may be a blessing for him...can anyone say Chris Daughtry?