Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

American Idol '08

smatyas

Oh my! You make fun of Carrie Underpants big hair and your fav is Jason Castro???!!! Seriously? (Btw I'm a fan too :-) but I'm from Oklahoma and big hair is not only acceptible in some circles there, but required! Bless her sweet little heart! :thumbup:

I really dislike that little David A. Someone needs to get him some toothpicks to keep his eyes open while he sings. :iagree:He just butchered an Elvis song. Ugh!!! I hope all of the lovestruck preteens don't vote him the winner.

Overall, it was not a good night. Noone really excelled. I think that Jason should go home based on tonights two songs. :)

I'm still pulling for David Cook.:)

I agree about Jason. I don't like David A either, but I have to admit, he was the best tonight. I also think Syesha was good. David Cook was ok. Yep, Jason's gotta go this week.

I definately agree, the remaining four are so dissapointing! I don't love any of them!!! Jason, was just awful tonight, as a college student, you can walk around the quad on a sunny day and see 40 different jasons sitting around, playing the guitar, drinking starbucks, and having REALLY red eyes lol :)...

So, I'm not sure where I stand, I mean, Syesha's alright, but I don't love her, I totally miss her awesome afro!!!!! It was adorable! Bring it back!!! David C's pretty good, but so cocky! And David A's cute and talented and all, but he's so corny!! Like I've said, he totally reminds me of a young, lame Donnie Osmond lol! Where are all the talented people you see in the audition tapes... sigh. Oh American Idol what is going on...?

I agree with ya'll. I'm not lovin the top 4 (as a whole).

Jason's performances were awful, he needs to go.

I have to say, Syesha is the most improved. She growing on me (a little). I still think she is better suited for Broadway though.

I am trying to cut David A a break, I really am. He has a great voice to me, but I just do not like his cheesy song choices at all. (Notice I was a lot nicer this week)

IMO, David Cook is the best of the four remaining. He almost always makes the songs sound like they were just written (with the exception of his first song tonight).

I don't know about ya'll, but I'm sick of hearing all these old songs. I want to hear some modern music. I think this is why I like David C so much, he makes his songs sound modern, the rest of them don't.

Ok 3/4 SUCKED!!! I am so disappointed, this season seemed so good.

David A. made me cry on his last song.

Oh I definately agree, it might not of brought me to tears, and I HATE Elvis songs, but I though it was really beautiful, I actually liked both of his songs, Stand By Me is my favorite song of all time, he mixed it up a little so it didn't have the same tune as the original but I still liked it

Jason is so gone, I honestly feel he should have been gone a few weeks ago. But, I think when he forgot the words that pretty much sealed the deal. Syesha is improving so much, I really, really enjoyed her this week. David A. has a beautiful voice, I think there is no arguing that. But, I am just so tired of hearing him sing slow songs. I would love to see him actually sing something with a beat and see if he could actually entertain us! At this point, I still think David C. is the best of the group.

I'm afraid I have to agree. Time is up for my man Jason! Love him but he's gotta go, last night was disappointing, to put it nicely.

I thought David A. was fantastic! For me, he wins already based on talent, HEART, and attitude. To take all this in week after week for a 17 year old, he handles it like a pro!

David C. is good, no doubt. He has the potential to be another Daughtry.

Syesha, beautiful voice, but I'm on the fence with her. She could go or stay and wouldn't make a difference to me. I don't think she had as much of a story for camera time in the beginning to create an impact with me to care enough. Does that make sense?? I dunno....

Anyhoo.....It will be interesting to see if there is a big upset tonight.

*edited to add: I LOVED Syesha's hair last night during her Tina Turner song! Beautiful!!

Edited by missy4gordon

I agree, I'm dissapointed on all four.... I LOVED Jason's personality, then again, they are there to win a signing competition... and he wasn't good last night.... at this stage of the competition to forget the lyrics? not good...

Syesha was ok, but I've never been a big fan, her Tina TUrner's version sounded ok, but it looked like she was trying to immitate Tina... I dunno.... her second song was good I thought...

Cook was ok, I'm also not a big fan, but he did good and little David A.... I really don't like him, he always does these slow songs that he can pull better since he has good vocals, but I can't imagine him as the American Idol and selling millions of records.... he can't move, sure he could be trained later on I guess... but I guess I just don't care for him.... I have a feeling that the two finalists are going to be the two Davids....:)

I love Jason to start, then he died for me.. he has not been good or entertaining.. Simon was right, it was like a BAD early audition last night.

Syesha I am on the fence too, I still never remember her name. She is definitely better the past couple weeks, but some reason she still doesn't do anything for me. I guess it has to do with less air time?

David C. was my favorite since he sang the Hello cover, but I am bored with him lately too. He hasn't done anything interesting IMO in a while.

And David A, I don't like him.. but his voice is definitely good. I wouldn't want to watch him sing (like we do), but a CD of his music would be cool. Just not excited about anyone on AI anymore.

I don't see David A as an American Idol - He's not sung a song decently that's from the last 30yrs; his good performances have been songs older than that. He's not current, nor entertaining to watch. I literally pick my laptop and chat when he sings. Does he have a good voice - absolutely, but not in a "PoP-Top40" version which AI likes to market .... look at failed winners who were not in that genre: Ruben/Fantasia/Taylor...

I think Syesha has improved - but it will be between her and Jason (love them dimples) in the bottom tonight & I think she'll be the one gone (but not surprised if Jason does).

David C is the most marketable. He can sing, he is current & I think he'll be more successful than Daughtry.

I don't think David Cook is anywhere near the talent that Daughtry is, but he is ok. After watching over, I think I have changed my mind. I think Syesha was my favorite last night. Definately most improved.

So, Jason is gone. America got it right this time. He acted like he was actually excited to be leaving, or at least that was the impression I got.

So, they do 3 songs next week. Is this where they get to pick one, the judges pick one for them and I can't remember what they do with the third one?