Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

American Idol '08

smatyas

Allison

I agree with you about Taylor Hicks. I don't think he should have won. I think he was a good entertainer, but not a great singer IMO. I liked Katherine McPhee better than Taylor. Chris Daughtry was my favorite too, I was soooo disappointed when he left, but he has done soooo well and I'm happy for him.

Michael should be fine, I'm sure someone will pick him up quickly!!

Allison that's a good theory and probably spot on.

Btw, I heard today that Daughtry is getting sued because his latest hit sounds like a song by a different band.

I liked Taylor Hicks because of his personality. I thought it was cool that someone different won. I heard the other night on Larry King that he's had one record that bombed and that he lost his label and has passed on into oblivion. And you're right georgia g, his voice wasn't actually that great.

So I guess I shouldn't root for the underdog or the one who isn't mainstream. Afterall, an American Idol should be a very talented person who can cut a mean CD! ^_^

OK, Please don't shoot the messenger, BUT:

I'd put money on David A winning, if ONLY because of all the young girls who call or text their votes in a thousand times a week. Us "old people" can't compete with their voracity for texting... Now if by some miracle he did get voted off, I bet AI's voting stats would dwindle by HALF.

travelgirl: You're right. Case in point: I don't vote.

Yeah every season must have its' Clay Aiken, so to speak. Those producers are clever folk.

I'm not a David fan either, but I took his comment to mean that he had never played the Piano in front of this large of an audience. I was shocked by the votes, I really thought Syesha was gone after her comments last week with Ryan S.

Ohhhhh....yeah.....I was wrong for that. I'm just so sick of David A. and the attention he is getting that I automatically assume the worse....ooops :thumbup:

What did Syesha say last week with Ryan?

I am glad Kristy didn't do or say anything stupid this week.

OK, Please don't shoot the messenger, BUT:

I'd put money on David A winning, if ONLY because of all the young girls who call or text their votes in a thousand times a week. Us "old people" can't compete with their voracity for texting... Now if by some miracle he did get voted off, I bet AI's voting stats would dwindle by HALF.

:thumbup::):eek: :):cursing::P That's how I will feel if he wins, lol. But you are right about the young girls (or the people his Dad hired, LMAO) to call/text a thousand times a week. To bad there isn't a way they can monitor so just 1 vote per preson. But that's impossible I know.

I'm not quoting syesha but what I heard she said was, Nobody else got me like Rayme. You can take that comment several ways.

I just took it as she was closer to Ramiele than anyone else on the show because they had a lot in common. I'm not sure how else to take it??

Well I didn't hear that Syesha comment. It definitely has some questionable connotations but I doubt if that's how she meant it on national television. *wink, wink, nod, nod*

Honestly I'd hate to have to give a spontaneous interview - no telling what I'd say! But then I have a sneaking suspicion that things are more rehearsed (including the Ryan v. Simon exchanges), than we are expected to believe.

The big question is: who's going home this week? Did anyone see Michael Johns on Leno last week? We tvo'ed it, but I haven't seen it yet.

Surely it's gonna be Syesha or Kristie... but then, we were shocked last week, weren't we!

The big question is: who's going home this week?

Surely it's gonna be Syesha or Kristie... but then, we were shocked last week, weren't we!

That's who I was thinking, but that's also what I thought last week, so who knows???

I'm not quoting syesha but what I heard she said was, Nobody else got me like Rayme. You can take that comment several ways.

I heard the comment, but it didn't come across as anything other than Syesha saying Ramiele was her closest friend there, to me. I'm confused at what else it could have meant? :huh2:

Edited by georgia girl

I had to sit and think what else it could have meant, it's almost been a week now! Right after the show my husband said "Oh that might not be a good thing what Sayesha said about Ramiele." I asked him what he meant, and he felt that her comment meant that nobody else going off had made her cry like Ramiele. Then the next morning at work one of my coworkers said, "that Sayesha may be gone next, what she said just proves that nobody else gets along with her." But I felt like you did that Sayesha and Ramiele were very close and she was going to miss her. I didn't get a negative vibe about it at all.

Allison that's a good theory and probably spot on.

Btw, I heard today that Daughtry is getting sued because his latest hit sounds like a song by a different band.

So I guess I shouldn't root for the underdog or the one who isn't mainstream. Afterall, an American Idol should be a very talented person who can cut a mean CD! :lol:

You know, I went to see Bon Jovi last night (don't ask me why, free tickets. LOL) and when I got there I found out that Daughtry was opening up for them. He did really well, but when he did this one song it sounded like a NIN song. I wonder if perhaps thats whose sueing him. But, either way, it was cool to see him in concert!

I didn't hear Nine Inch Nails mentioned, but then I wasn't familiar with the song no matter whose it was.

I'll bet the concert was fun. I always think of Jon Bon Jovi as being the ultimate 80's chick dude, but I'm always entertained by him. He's still not hard on the eyes.

Argh!

Our Dish Network programming ended right before Jason Castro's intro piece. Hope I can find his performance on Youtube. Grumble, grumble.