Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Exercise

An hour and a half today at the gym on chest workout.

Take it easy Alynne, and follow your docs orders.....I'm sure the swelling will go down and you will look fantastic very shortly. I hope everything looks just as you want it to.

As for exercise, I haven't been getting to the gym as often as I would like, but once I'm there its a two hour workout. I'm hoping to pop in either tonight or tomorrow and get in at least an hours worth of cardio. I have to see my doc in a week and I want a bigger drop in the scale than 2lbs I had lost right before christmas. I haven't checked the scale out lately, kinda scared.....

Hi....Good job on keeping the workouts up...JM you better get over there :eek:

i really interested to see how the bike trainner works out. Today i went back to the Delaware Y cycled for 40 mins. I can only do 20 mins at a time as i cant feel my butt after 20mins (and other things!) . Between them i lifted weights and then did 40 mins swimming. I feel like a total wuss not being able to ride longer than 20mins a shot.

They did have really cool bikes though with screens and kind of a video game almost where you ride a track and against other bikes and you have to steer it round the track (the handlebars move) and change gears for hills.

Angel....my wife and i are both interested in your whole recovery so keep us posted and get better!:)

jm & whosyourdaddy-thanks for the words of encouragement. I'm trying to take it easy and rest, but am so bored that I find myself wanting to eat when I'm not hungry. That's a slippery slope I don't want to find myself on. I guess it's time to bring on the DVD's, books and craft stuff to keep me busy. Just looking forward to the time when I can start back at the gym at least walking on the treadmill. When I see the Doctor on Jan. 2nd, I'm going to see if he'll release me to at least doing that much. Getting on LBT Forum helps some. Well, it's early and I just took some good drugs, so I guess I'll go back to bed and try to catch a few zzzzzzzz's. Keep up the good work!

hi guys I'm back :eek:

I was a baddd girl..lol..but yeah between work and the holidays i fell off the wagon a bit.

I'm back on though and worked out yesterday. Did 25 minutes on the bike, did the circuit training till I was about to pass out..and did 110 crunches too..felt great!

Tonight I AM going to spin class..lol

good to see everyone is doing well..gratz on the surgery angel..Im sooo envious

Angel - Glad to hear you are doing well, and I hope you don't go too stir-crazy! Yes, definitely get out those books and crafts to keep your hands busy and away from the food. Once you heal, you are going to look even more amazing!

Dibaby - Good for you on getting back on the wagon! It is so easy to fall off! I actually gave myself "permission" to eat whatever I wanted for a few days up to Christmas, but that is over now, so I'm back on the wagon, too!

JM - Yes, keep up those workouts! Don't you have a goal date of some sort? A wedding maybe? I'm sorry I don't recall...please refresh my memory?

WHOS - I will keep ya posted on how the trainer works out. I fear boredom, but I don't know why when I love the recumbent at the gym. My IPOD should keep my mind occupied as long as I have the right tunes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay, people! I'm looking for everything from conventional to extreme here...what are some of the best ways to blast body fat and send your number plummeting? I have a few things going on that are working, but I will need a couple alternatives to switch things around a bit so I don't plateau. Right now I've got Supersets (lifting), cardio (of course), and a few supplements. I'm looking for changes to incorporate every six weeks or so to keep my body guessing.

Dibaby........i hear you about being baaaaddd. I partyed a little too much too. But im really proud of you for getting back on it!!!!!

I keep telling myself today .....the partying is OVER! and there is just candy everywhere here at my inlaws.

Ahhh yes, goal was 100lbs gone by August 3, 2008, or as I like to think of it D-Day......No, just joking. That's the wedding date, and I don't necessarily want to be super skinny, or set unrealistic goals for myself, so I figured that was attainable. But, I still have 58lbs to go, so we'll see what happens. I'd like to lost most of it by late April/early May for dress shopping. I already know I'll have to do some spray tanning to hid a few stretch marks, and I know I'll still be a plus size in the wedding dress store, but as long as I feel like I look good, I don't care!

Stef...yeah i dont think you will get bored of it as long as keep yourr Ipod going. I think it would be great to train on the actual bike you ride on in the summer.

i got a few body buiding tricks i can share with you. like Pre exhaust method (its a killer)

What you want to do is have two machines (or weights) set up for one muscle group. Aim for about 15-20 reps untill you can do NO MORE at all and with out a rest switch machines.

For example 16-20 bench presses until u fail then go straight to flys. 6 sets of that and youll be feelin it:)

Stef...another good one is say do shoulder pushes all the way up until you fail 15-20 maybe ...and then do just half way up untill you fail

For arms 21's an are awesome. If u dont know what these are let me know.

Thanks, WHOS! Yes, I just learned about 21's yesterday! How funny! I will try your suggestions by next week.

dibaby-thanks, it was a killer surgery but I'm hoping the results will be worth all the pain.

stefanie-I'm trying to keep very busy with my hands, I actually went out to brunch with my niece this morning. She's in the Navy and was on her way to the coast to report on base after visiting my brother in Southern Idaho for Christmas. I was getting "Cabin Fever", so it was nice to get out as I'm not allowed to drive for 2 weeks. I had 1/2 of an ham and cheese omelet and she had the 2 pancakes that came with my meal. We had a very nice visit but I was tired and needed to come home to rest.

I am so envious of all of you that can go to the gym, as it's driving me nuts not being able to workout. I know, in time...I never thought that I'd miss the gym, it's amazing how you can replace a bad habit with a good habit in such a little time. Well, everyone enjoy the gym and I'll be back at it soon!

Tell me Alynne, did they unfill your band for the surgery, or keep you at your pre surgery fill level???

Tell me Alynne, did they unfill your band for the surgery, or keep you at your pre surgery fill level???

jm-they didn't touch my band. I had to have the compression garment changed again today because of drainage around the drains and I did notice that I no longer have my port scar. It must of been removed with the excess skin, I guess that was just a bonus! I can still feel my port, but once the swelling is down I don't think it will stick out. It's just right and a little up from my new belly button.