Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Exercise

Di baby........5hours.....hmmmmm..............

;)

Ahhh if i was drivin back to WI!

Jess ill try and catch up with u tonight.

GO JM!!!!!!!!!!Work it! I ran for 20mins and broke the crappy hotel treadmill...ooops. Started smelling funny then tripped the breaker. So i finished off with the bike and swimming.

Your working the equipment so hard you're breaking it! AWESOME!!!!!!

Hey, all! Glad to hear that everyone is still going strong, even with the colds and sore muscles and the like. That goes for me, too...I'm SO tired, but I can't miss the gym! Worked out for an hour and a half on biceps/triceps. Really pushing hard these days, and putting on a little weight because of it...I want muscle, but I hate that it weighs more. Still waiting to see how things pan out with the scale at the end of the week.

Happy Thursday tomorrow to everyone!

With all you guys around, I don't think I even get a medal!!!

By the way, does anyone know if AngelNurse got rid of the cold so she could go through with surgery? Not sure if I missed a post, or if she just hasn't posted yet. I know that surgery is tomorrow 12/20...I'll be thinking about her!

jm-thanks for asking about me. I still have my cold, but I'm not running a fever or coughing up anything, it's mainly in my nose. I took last week off from the gym and haven't posted since then. I'm scheduled to arrive at the Hospital at 7:30 a.m. tomorrow. I don't know if I'll get much sleep due to being nervous and everything, but I guess I'll sleep during the surgery, seeing as it's supposed to take 5 hours. I'll spend the night and get discharged on Friday. I'll post and let you know how it went when I'm feeling up to it. Happy exercising everyone and thanks for all your well wishes, prayers and thoughts, I appreciate it very much.

Well Alynne, you should be arriving anytime now. My thoughts and prayers will be with you! Good luck, and I can't wait to hear about how everything went....

Well I have overcooked my body this week...Thank God for Chiropractors! After my visit today, I felt a lot better but still very sore. I am taking a break today letting my body heal. I think my muscle are just really tired from working them so hard this week, I did however go walking this morning. Does anybody have problems with their muscles being too sore. How do you tell the difference? Everyone have a good work out, today! I may go to the gym later tonight just to sit in the sauna and do a little treadmill time. I am always scared to miss a day. I just don't want to get off track, because it is so easy...

Your suppose to miss at least a day a week. Your body has to regen. How a muscle is made is by it tearing and then we have to let it rest to build up..into a bigger muscle. There is such a thing as overtraining. And it's really bad. Go to bodybuilder.com and search for overtraining. Of course this is really just for bodybuilding. It all depends on the intensity I believe that you are at.

hi ladys.

Got back home last night. Did 2.5 mile run...swam for 30mins.

Have to fly out again on Christmas Day. But i should be able to use the ymca in delaware.

I hear you about missing a day Jess.

O here is a great loss. between Sun and yesterday (thurs) i lost 6 pounds while i was traveling on buisness.!

And i blew up the hotels treadmill!

That is so awesome Whosyadaddy! You go! Six pound is awesome, and you earned everyone of them at the hotel it sounds! Yes my exercise has been cut for right now as I just lost my dad last night. I am thinking about getting on the elliptical but I feel so sad,so I hope I can beat all this sadness, I probably need to hit the gym more than ever. I wiss start posting as soon as I get back in gear...Good luck with all your work outs this weekend! Merry Early Christmas everyone!

Oh, Jess...I am so sorry for your loss. So sorry. Bringing tears to my eyes. You are in my prayers this morning.

Oh gosh Jess. Im so sorry. That is really sad. Let us know if there is anything we can do.

I cant imagaine a world without my folks in it. Thats got to be so difficult.

Our prayers our with you.

Thank you all. I am having a difficult morning, but I know he was in a lot of pain. It will be hard for me but I am trying to use my coping strategies. Thanks for all the prayers, I am very thankful for them, right now.

I am proud to report that I have worked out for a total of 9 hours this week! I better get it in now bc we are traveling for Christmas and I wont' have the oppotunity to go to the gym.

Jess, soo sorry for your loss.

Tulip, you rock! 9hrs? WOW

Whos, you're getting closer to me with each trip! You are going to HAVE to let me know when you're hitting closer to New England!!!!!

Alynne, let us know as soon as you are feeling up to it. I can't wait to hear how you are doing, and what the results are like....

Ok, so tomorrow is my first training session without my personal trainer. My last session with her was wed night, and I'm sure I'll be calling her in about a month, but I just want to see what I can do on my own for a little while. If I start slacking, then I know I definately need to stick with the trainer. And I figured, I'll be wearing a short skirt for xmas eve, so I should probably do a leg workout to make those muscles pop!

Hope everyones holidays go as planned. And thank god we all have our band!!!! I probably would have gained 20lbs just from halloween until now, nevermind over christmas and new years!

Oh yeah, I was looking at an old video recording of myself from 2 years ago and I can't believe how fat I was. I mean, I still have 100lbs to go, but I can't believe how effing bad I looked. I'm so happy I don't look like that anymore, and I know that even though I have good/bad days, I will never go back to that.

Jess, soo sorry for your loss.

Tulip, you rock! 9hrs? WOW

Whos, you're getting closer to me with each trip! You are going to HAVE to let me know when you're hitting closer to New England!!!!!

Alynne, let us know as soon as you are feeling up to it. I can't wait to hear how you are doing, and what the results are like....

Ok, so tomorrow is my first training session without my personal trainer. My last session with her was wed night, and I'm sure I'll be calling her in about a month, but I just want to see what I can do on my own for a little while. If I start slacking, then I know I definately need to stick with the trainer. And I figured, I'll be wearing a short skirt for xmas eve, so I should probably do a leg workout to make those muscles pop!

Hope everyones holidays go as planned. And thank god we all have our band!!!! I probably would have gained 20lbs just from halloween until now, nevermind over christmas and new years!

Oh yeah, I was looking at an old video recording of myself from 2 years ago and I can't believe how fat I was. I mean, I still have 100lbs to go, but I can't believe how effing bad I looked. I'm so happy I don't look like that anymore, and I know that even though I have good/bad days, I will never go back to that.

jm-I made it home yesterday. My surgeon compared the lapband to a mosquito bite and the lower body lift to an alligator bite, I say a shark bite! I almost passed out my first time standing up and only took 4 steps. The second time up was better, but only made it to the door. I think if we truly knew what it was going to be like, no one would willingly do this. The surgeon said that he took more than a foot of of my stomach, he doesn't weigh and I don't dare weigh yet as I am VERY swollen. He said that he was real pleased how everything turned out but it'll be a few months 'til I see the final results. I think the first 2 weeks are going to be the hardest. I'm taking Lortab 7.5 and Soma every 4 hours, it doesn't take away all the pain, but makes it tolerable. I'm getting up every 2 hours to walk around. My first Post-Op visit is this Wednesday. Thanks again for all your thoughts and prayers and hopefully I won't have any complications, I'm trying to do everything that the Doctor tells me to do, but Nurses and Doctors make the worst patients. I'll keep you updated on my progress.

Angel nurse...Glad you made it though ok! Good to hear from you. You rest yourself lady.

Jm yep i am...espically if i do the Boston show in 08!

Ok tonight i did 60mins on the bike. 15 miles. I had to take a 3 min break ever 20 mins as my butt went numb..but i love to my riding my real bike in the spring. Tomorrow is running as long as we dont get to much snow. anything less than 8 inches is considered normal round ere.

Jess....kinda weird..but i wasnt going to go to the gym today but i decided to dedicate my ride to you and your Dad.

Take care my friends...Until tomorrow!