Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Exercise

Oh boy...so sore. Today was legs. I was pumped up on grape juice and double my creatine and glutamine. We did supersets on the leg press and I pushed to start with 360 pounds...set of 12 and pull a plate from each side, set of 12 and pull a plate...all consecutively until the plates are gone. I thought my legs would blow up and I would positively puke. Good God, I wonder how often my partner is gonna want to do these! I think he is addicted to the pain! After that, we finished our regular leg routine. It was tougher after the leg press, of course. Hour and a half total.

Before the gym I rode 32 miles on my bike. Hubby got the trainer all set up for me this afternoon while I was at the gym, so we will see how that works tomorrow. I think I want a portable DVD player to watch while on the trainer. Time to surf for deals!

Wow, sorry I'm asking sooo many questions but I'm completely facsinated by the whole procedure...I lurk in the plastic surgery threads all the time, half grossed out, and half amazed!!!!!

Stef!!!!!!!! 32 miles!!!!!!!!! oh gosh! your amazing! yeah ive found portable dvds for 70 bucks for a 7 or 8 inch online before.

I bet your legs were exploding.

Today i ran 2.5 miles...cycled 4 miles (still getting used to not be able to feel my junk after 20mins).

swam for 25mins. Totaled it all up and it came to about 1400 calories! dang! i would of stayed longer but time permits. I can easily do 1.5hrs in the gym now but i want to do more just dont have the time as i have to be at work. I love to lift weights in my break periods too. Like ill ride 20 mins and then lift weights 20 mins and then ride another 20 mins.

jess.....hope your ok we havnt heard from ya...i know your busy with things though.

Jm....yeah the plastic fasinates me too!

All I can say is I can't wait for these damned holidays to be done with already.....I want to see a drop on the scale but am too afraid to weigh in because of all the holiday eating. I've been good, but not great!!!!!

JM I'm too afraid to get on the scale too..but Saturday morning I will for sure.

Spin class last night. Was a crazy one too..i'm beat. Also did circuit training before hand and 110 crunches.

I hit a goal for myself! I got 15,000 work out points at the Y and I get my white tshirt. Although they were out of them..lol. I'm sooo glad I did this before the end of the year.

I had a long talk with one of my body builder friends and I'm really set to get focused. I'm gonna go get the rest of the supplements I need this weekend.

Also finally making an appointment for my darn ankle. Hopefully I can get in on Monday. It's holding me back.

I had a long talk with one of my body builder friends and I'm really set to get focused. I'm gonna go get the rest of the supplements I need this weekend.

I gotta ask...what supplements are you taking/going to take? What all did your bodybuilder friend recommend?

I hope you do get that ankle seen soon...you've been dealing with that for a while now.

im really on the fense with supplements. They are a heck of a lot of money. I mean i fully believe you need Protein for you muscles to rebuild as there pretty much made of protein. I never found much advantages of supplements. I tried it both ways and could see no difference. I took in alot of creatine that surposed to make a big diff but i didnt see much diff when i wasnt taking it.

Again im not saying they work or dont work i am just really on the fence about it...(gosh this fence hurts)

Yeah, I was going to ask, are you guys also taking proteing supplements? I was having a Protein Shake for Breakfast every morning, but then stopped because I never noticed a big difference, but I was thinking about starting again while I try to give up my morning coffee....

yeah, Atkins makes a cafe caramel one thats pretty good and they have about 160 cals and 20 something grams of Protein. The only problem is that they aren't super filling, but my coffee is not at all filling and its probably a lot more cals than that (I know, I know, it was the one thing that I just couldn't give up before). I take it with regular cream and a lot of sugar, so if I gave that up and added protein I'd probably be much better off......

ahh ha. yeah you gotta give it up JM.

I have a hard time with those fancy cappcinos ...oh my there good. Prolly the same as drinking a large milkshake from McDonalds though!!! ahhhhhhhhhhhh

Yeah, I'm going to by a case of the Atkins shakes and make that part of my new years resolution. Its mostly just to make healthier choices, and thats going to be one of them. On top of the fact that I have to fit in a white dress soon.......Yikes!

jm & whos-no problem with the questions, I check out the plastic surgery thread every time I'm online. I finally got brave enough and got on the scale last night. I weigh the same as I did on the day of surgery, so with all the swelling I didn't think that it was so bad. Hopefully after the swelling is gone I'll be real close to goal and only have to tweek it a little.

Its completely unbelievable that you didn't gain with all of the swelling. You are sooo awesome!