Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Exercise

Jess yes I do spin class twice a week. I swear this has done more than anything for me. I can actually see the fat melting off my legs and butt. What I love about this class is its not purely cardio. It's really strength training and cardio in one. I don't feel burning in my legs like this after aerobics class. I really enjoy it immensely. Even though I still feel like I'm going to die in the class..LOL. I'm also being talked into the sunday morning class. I dunno though if I could really get there so darn early on a Sunday..lol.

Steph gratz on the jeans! Oh and don't beat urself up too much. I think I bounced back some over the weekend too. Had a YMCA xmas party and I always have such an issue with free food. LOL. This is the hardest time of the year. We gotta not be too hard on ourselves. Most people gain 7 pounds..if we just stay even we are gonna be great!

OMG! I totally missed your post, DiBaby and had to go back to see what JM was talking about! That is freakin' AWESOME!

And you just sold me on the spin class. I'm signing up for two of them now!

I need to check out a spin class. I don't know if we have one. I am always worried that I cant keep up, still working on speed. I may check it out if we have one though! Good luck girls! I know we can make it through this Christmas. Sunday mornings are hard Di, but you go girl. Thanks everybody for the encouragement! I got really brave and finally posted a few before and after pics on the thread. They are just pics of so far. It is always hard to post pics, but oh well. Anyways good luck with exercise this week. I am going to the elliptical, I have been dreading it but here I go. Have a great day!!!!

Thanks Stef :)

Jess don't worry about keeping up in Spin class. Nobody does at first. The important thing is to just keep on moving your legs. Make sure if u do sign up that you inform the instructor its your first time. They should help u set up the bike and make sure you're comfortable with how the class works.

Wow you guys are doing great....Away this week in Columbus OH. Exercised at the hotel this morning and im thinking about going again tonight.

Went to a motorcycle store tonight (Iron Pony) its an old Kmart store converted its HUGE Jess might know it.

Also Jess went to Easton Town Center WOW that place is big!

Went to the store and bought lean cuisines for the freezer for the next few days dinner rather than eating out.

HI whosya, I have heard about Easton but I have yet to get to go there. I was up there a summer ago and stayed close to it but never got to stop. That is a really good idea to pick up some food like that. Out to eat can be hard on us all! I wish I knew more about Columbus but I don't. Well I hope you have a good stay. I was up there a couple weeks ago but it wasn't the pretty side of town that is for sure. Good job on hitting the gym this morning! Take care.

Jess, I'm the same as you...worry about keeping up with new things. It usually turns out that I worry for nothing and I'm sure the same is true for you. Go for that class! I signed up for two spin classes...one includes core work...not sure how that will go down, but I'm game for anything! Unfortunately the classes don't start until the middle of January, but that will let me recover from the holiday rush anyhow.

Stefanie and Jess, you guys will love spin. I do. And I was super nervous going to my first class, but whatever I couldn't do, I just got back into the saddle and kept my legs moving. The funny thing is, you'll notice that it helps you out in other sports, I found running to really complement spinning and vice versa. After I started running, I had so much more wind in spinning, and with spinning, I could run longer lengths for longer bouts of time. Its really a great compliment to any routine! Ok, enough about spin...

1hr personal trainer, 40 minutes stationary bike.

Now this may come off as complaining, but I'm sooo not! I've noticed since last wednesday (the day I got my last fill) that each time I've been going to the gym (which is actually only twice, we got a pretty major snow pounding that kept me housebound) I just want to stay there. I'm not sure if its because theres no food there, and I can just keep going or what. But I notice that I'm not snacking as much lately, and sometimes I don't even remember to eat, which I thought people were lying about!!! I guess what I'm saying is, if this is going to be the way its going to be, then I'm going to be one happy camper.

I skipped dinner tonight, and I'm not really into cooking a full meal for myself, so I'm just going to get some Jello and a piece of fruit!

(I never thought I'd ever write that.....)

Thanx for the encouragement, JM! I bet I will love it, too, from what all I'm hearing about it.

That is a major NSV for you with the wanting to stay at the gym and not as interested in food! CONGRATS! I know I could just LIVE at the gym, but I don't think I'd be married very long if I worked out much more than I do now! I need to get a really, really good set-up at home so I can work out after I work out! LOL

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today I did 240 crunches and an hour and a half on chest. I moved up to 20 pound dumbells for chest flies and 25 pound dumbells for rows! I know I'll be sore tomorrow, but it sure feels great at the same time!

You Ladies are just AWESOME. Yeah its pretty nice up here im right near the Airport side.

Got back to my hotel at 5pm and nothing to do...so what the heck..i hit the gym again! Twice in one day! Did my week 9 c25k (30min run) I made the motor on the treadmill all hot and electically stinky :/!

Swam for about 45 mins after that.

Thanx, WHOS! We all think you are pretty awesome, too! You hit the gym twice in one day? Good for you! I'm so jealous!

I so wish I could just START with the running...I just haven't yet. Been thinking about it more and more lately, so maybe that's a good sign...but until I actually DO something about it...hmmm...you know the rest.

Yep. Saying that I am sore is like saying the Grand Canyon is a pothole. Oh, my aching chi-chi's!

I am with you hit the gym today with my mom. I think for the first time I kicked her butt in cardio! My mom is like a size 8! That was a nice change. I burned 402 calories for 35 mins. on the interval program. I also did weight training, and I can tell I haven't worked my abs in a couple of days...OH my! I worked arms and legs but I felt I could have hit a few more machines. I can find a spin class but I did figure out what time the Zumba class was and my mom is going to go with me, so that is exciting. I am going to do cardio before Zumba in the morning so I will be a little more energized. I have been going into the sauna before working out and it definitely loosened me up before hitting the elliptical... Abs I worked hard today. 5 different crunches at 60 for each crunch puts me right at 300 crunches for the day. Well I am off to clean my kids rooms, fun, fun, fun! Stefanie I hope you get some time to relax those muscles...Whosya that is awesome twice in one day for the gym...Shew...once was enough today. Take it easy everyone, and have a good night.