Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Exercise

ANGEL - Prayers in progress here! Hope you knock that cold out quick!

Boy...we are ALL getting sick! "Tis The Season"!

Angel ZICAM ZICAM ZICAm , exactly what i was thinking. My cold develped into a sinus/chest infection but i know zicam always seems to head it off if i take it early.

Praying for you!

Stefanie & whosyadaddy-Thanks for the prayers!

I've got the Zicam, Vit-C, chicken noodle Soup, the works, hope something works. Decided to skip the gym again, I need to take care of myself. Hope things are well with you both!

Yeah im slowly getting better. I think your wise to skip the Gym at this point being so close to your surgery! You need your energy and to get better!!!

My surg said surgery is like running a Marathon on the body! Although you dont put the energy in you body has to recovery as its surgery is as hard on the bod as a marathon.

Your coming to the buckeye state again? That is really cool so your in my state twice, you will have to tell me about your upcoming trip, next week.

Ok, so I just got back from drs visit....I GAINED weight. 2lbs....not horrendous, but enough to make me really upset. And my trainer canceled on me. I have to go it alone tonight. And I never made it to spin last night. I had to finish wrapping and cleaning so I can start cooking this weekend coming up. I'm a wreck!

But I'm going to the gym tonight. I don't know what I'm going to do, but I'll find something. Maybe c25k, elliptical, bike, ahhhhh so many choices! Maybe I'll do some upper body work since we won't be doing that until next week.

Anyways, back to my original point, dr was not happy. Not that she was pissed, just not happy. She was disappointed that I had such a plateau these last few months, so we got to talking and I told her how many calories I was consuming and her chin nearly hit the floor. She said, I told you 1200, and if not come in for a fill. I guess I didn't hear that part! Even though at 2.0cc's, if I move up to 2.4cc's I can't eat anything. So she only gave me a small fill of .2ccs (she said it was slightly over .2cc's, I think that was for the 1700 calorie remark!) so now I'm up to 2.2cc's in my 4.0cc band. I'm really hoping that this is going to be what I need to drop the calorie level, because if not, I'm not sure what to do. So she wants my first mushy meal to be tomorrows dinner, so I'm going to scrounge up some mashed potatoes or some refried Beans to see how I do. I just had an Atkins shake, and I'm not feeling all that full, so BF is warming some Soup for me.

Ok, so I just got back from drs visit....I GAINED weight. 2lbs....not horrendous, but enough to make me really upset. And my trainer canceled on me. I have to go it alone tonight. And I never made it to spin last night. I had to finish wrapping and cleaning so I can start cooking this weekend coming up. I'm a wreck!

But I'm going to the gym tonight. I don't know what I'm going to do, but I'll find something. Maybe c25k, elliptical, bike, ahhhhh so many choices! Maybe I'll do some upper body work since we won't be doing that until next week.

Anyways, back to my original point, dr was not happy. Not that she was pissed, just not happy. She was disappointed that I had such a plateau these last few months, so we got to talking and I told her how many calories I was consuming and her chin nearly hit the floor. She said, I told you 1200, and if not come in for a fill. I guess I didn't hear that part! Even though at 2.0cc's, if I move up to 2.4cc's I can't eat anything. So she only gave me a small fill of .2ccs (she said it was slightly over .2cc's, I think that was for the 1700 calorie remark!) so now I'm up to 2.2cc's in my 4.0cc band. I'm really hoping that this is going to be what I need to drop the calorie level, because if not, I'm not sure what to do. So she wants my first mushy meal to be tomorrows dinner, so I'm going to scrounge up some mashed potatoes or some refried Beans to see how I do. I just had an Atkins shake, and I'm not feeling all that full, so BF is warming some Soup for me.

I think a fill is gonna do you really good. Don't worry so much though about the plateaus. Hell I've had plenty of them. I think for some of us its all part of the process. It's just alot nicer if you don't have to go through them. I had one for six months! But my point is..I'm still at darn near 100 pounds. Losing weight is really a journey. Your probably going to be like me and come to a point that you really want to succeed and start looking into your nutrition and exercise more in detail to maximize your performance. You're going to get there girl. Just stay focused. It's really hard in December anyways no matter what. It'll be a whole lot easier when the rest of the world goes into a panic in January and everyone is on the weight loss band wagon. Although I'm not gonna be happy at the YMCA. Although by February most will be gone..LOL. Anyways..cheer up..you'll be just fine.

Di

Jm- Im so sorry...that totally sucks!!!! I would be really upset too. Do you go to your doc every 4 weeks? I hope you fill helps. Its weird sometimes a fill wont make much effect on me untill 2 or 3 days latter.

Watch what you eat. I could have 10cc in my 10cc band and i could eat all the candy i want! Go for the solid foods! Alot of people get so over filled that they just change their diet to soft mushy foods like candy and high cal soup etc and they put weight on.

Stick to chicken and solids after tomorrow. Plateus are Evil! I think it tougher women. You might be eating right and exercising right and still plautea for a while. Just keep doing it JM!

I feel really bad for you...i would feel really defeated...keep coming here and keep going for it no matter what. Keep exercising keep eating right

Thanks so much for your info! Yeah it is overwelming just how much information is out there and how much conflicts. What I am doing is just figuring out the majority wins. Whatever I keep on seeing over and over I'm going to accept as the truth.

You are going to have to eat more or your going to loose that muscle. There is just no way around it. I know it seems so weird and odd to actually be eating! But you are doing the right thing. Just make sure you aren't overtraining. I see that alot at bodybuilder.com. You gotta give your body time to recover or something.

Thanks so much too for the before and after work out stuff. I'm still really confused with this part. I want to maximize my efforts with my workouts so I wanna figure out exactly what I should be eating before and after. Heck the one guy I was reading up on said to even sip on some kind of drink as your working out. I can't remember what though.

About 30 minutes prior to my workout, I take my creatine capsules. (I don't cycle creatine, but instead take a lower maintenance dose twice a day every day.) During the workout, I have two bottles. One is grape juice with glutamine powder and creatine powder in it. The other is simply Water. The creatine and glutamine give me a significantly noticeable increase in power to perform my workouts.

We only work one body part a day, as a general rule. (Sometimes two, but never more than that.) So each part only gets worked once a week, but VERY HARD. Then it has a week or so to recover and build.

Yes, the "eat more to lose more" theory really rubs me the wrong way, but so far it seems to ring true. I'm losing every day now. (I need to update my ticker.) I'm hoping this continues this way, but I'm sure I will hit a plateau again at some point and have to blast through. Just the nature of the game.

JM - That really bites about the weigh-in...but you will kick butt for the next one!

fat_girl1.jpgcheerninjas.jpg

I'll be your personal cheerleader for the next month! When is your next appointment? I really think I could annoy you SO MUCH that you would be DETERMINED to NOT have a personal cheerleader two times in a row!

180 crunches and then an hour and a half today on legs. Was able to do six sets of twelve on the leg press with 250 on the racks. Would've done more, but my left knee was grinding so badly that I just didn't want to push it any further today.

Good night to all my "peeps" in here! Have a Happy Thursday tomorrow!

Guys, thanks sooo much. I really do appreciate all the support you guys give me on a daily basis.

Actually, I don't feel so bad. Last night my trainer canceled, so I went to the gym on my own and worked a lot harder than I usually do with the trainer. I was very proud of myself. Then I went home and had 1 cup of a thick chicken Soup, which was blended, and went to bed. This morning, I'm not starving, which I usually am when I'm on liquids. I've had a coffee and an Atkins shake, and I have some more soup for lunch. And I actually want to go to spin tonight. Before I felt like I was just trying to motivate myself, but I actually miss it and I really want to go. I hope the big snowfall that we're supposed to get doesn't stop me this time.

And Stefanie, you can be my cheerleader anytime. I really do need one. Especially for the exercise part of this journey!

Ohh, my next appointment is Jan 10th. And I better lose some weight. My doc is threatening to stab me with another needle if I don't!

hey Steff is that you in the cheerleader ninjas photo?

HA! No, but I'm working towards that body! LOL