Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Exercise

Its completely unbelievable that you didn't gain with all of the swelling. You are sooo awesome!

jm-I was so afraid that I had gain about 10 pounds with all the swelling from the surgery and the IV's that I didn't want to step on the scale for several weeks, but I'm glad I did. I'm hoping that I've got about 10 pounds of swelling so after that is gone I'll be at goal. I'm having 2 Protein Shakes a day with one "real" meal a day. I add extra Protein Powder to the shakes to increase the Protein, I've been getting 130-150 grams of protein a day, so that may be what's making the difference. Whatever it is, I'm going to continue with it.

I just wish I could start decreasing the pain meds as I still am taking them every 4 hours around the clock. I feel like such a "drug addict" but my surgeon says "Remember, I cut you in half, you're going to be sore for a while."

I'm sorry whos, I just looked it up, 15 grams of Protein. Still better than half a cup of sugar.......

Alynne, just take it easy for now, don't worry too much about weight, etc. Just get in the protein, take your meds, and relax. Two months from now there won't be any swelling and you're gonna look awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sorry whos, I just looked it up, 15 grams of Protein. Still better than half a cup of sugar.......

Alynne, just take it easy for now, don't worry too much about weight, etc. Just get in the protein, take your meds, and relax. Two months from now there won't be any swelling and you're gonna look awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you Dr. jm. I'm just not the most patient of people, dang it I want it now!

Actually, I feel bad, you must be going stir crazy at this point. When is your next appointment? When do they take the drains out?

Actually, I feel bad, you must be going stir crazy at this point. When is your next appointment? When do they take the drains out?

I see the Surgeon next Wed., Jan. 2nd. The output from the drains has slowed down but needs to be less than 30cc in a 24 hour period for 2 consecutive days. I also get to wear this lovely compression garment 24/7 for 6 full weeks then only during the day for 2 more weeks.

Two hours at the gym today on biceps/triceps. We had a third person with us today, so it went SO SLOW! So all in all I may have gotten a good hour in.

Hey, Tulip! Dr. Marsden is my doc, too! Welcome!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay...LOVE the trainer! Once we got it all adjusted properly, it was a dream. I geared up and rode for two hours this morning.

Also went and got a home gym last night. Will be rearranging my bedroom tonight to accomodate it. If I put it in the garage like the last one, I will never use it! This one has a leg extention on it, too...so I am excited to start using it as well.

Of course, hubby wanted to know if I was going to quit going to the gym now that I have the home gym! NOPE! This is in ADDITION to my gym time! But I promised him I wouldn't go too crazy when he is on shore. I wish I could get him interested in working out so that this wouldn't be an issue, but no luck so far.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Have a great weekend, y'all!

Well back at the gym today...I went through my first day of C25K but my knee is throbbing. I may have to revise and stick to the elliptical...Which is very sad because it was fun but after ward, Oooouuccchhh. I went and did zumba. I liked the instructor but I still have to do it more low impact than others but I love it. Some of the girls did three classes. THey have a step class that I may have to check out next Saturday for sure...It looked really fun..So I did 20min C25k, 10min elliptical, and zumba class. Good to be back in the saddle!

Well, I made a hard decision and gutted my office. Since we are wireless and everyone in the house has a laptop, I took out the desktop computer and all furniture in my office except my mini-fridge and am turning it into a workout room. (Hard as I tried, I just couldn't rectify myself to having that gym in my bedroom.) All my files are now in the garage when I need them...so no big deal there.

Hubby is in there now, putting the gym together...and fussing and cussing...and calling me "sweet-ums, love of my life, pain in my ass" every time he walks through the room to get more parts! LOL That thing must have a gazillion pieces!

Hearing crickets again...

Where is everyone? think.gif

Busy weekend, even busier monday night. Got 39 people coming over for new years eve, when I wasn't even supposed to have a party in the first place.....Oy!

Oh, and by the way, I'm very excited because I lost another pound. I guess its not as difficult if you're at the proper fill level.....

JM - Congrats on another pound gone, girlie!