Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Saggy Sophie no more. Plastic surgery to the rescue!

Statistics

Cost: $16,000 for BREAST LIFT AND FLEUR DE LIS STYLED Tummy Tuck (saved up and self paid)

Date: January 21, 2020 surgery date

Surgeon: Dr. Dana Goldberg, Jupiter, Florida

Three days before surgery Hibiclens antispetic showers and application of Mupirocin ointment. I ate my regular routine and variety of high quality salads, fresh fruits, nuts, veggies, baked seeded crackers (Firehook brand) with cheese nibbles along with hot tea/1% milk + 80 -100 oz. Water per day.

Day One

Surgery 9:00am - 3:30pm yesterday. Was administered Experal, Valium (if needed) and Enoxaparin. Recovery time until 6:00 pm. Hubby takes me home and I'm in bed by 8:00 pm until 5:00am to empty pressurize drains (3) + urinate. Off balance a bit and slumped to the floor. Puppy to the rescue! Not a fall - just loopy and off balance a bit. Walked around the house with my walker device twice. Surgeon does not want me bent over but standing straight up.

Day Two

Today follow-up appointment at surgeons office 9:15am. Everything looked great and they were amazed with my healthy appearance. I believe this is attributable to clean and simple eating, water, no sugar or salt or little processed products. 5 pounds of skin was removed and I feel so much lighter! That puts me at 124! - Of course, after swelling and settling in the next weeks and months to follow maybe more.... I had them take a picture of the removed flesh. I see it fascinating, not morbid. After all, it was a part of me once. Got a glimpse of the girls aka. breasts today and I love them!!! Perky and pretty. No longer the inherited elongated missels downward from my mother and Aunt! Haha.

Other supplements to help with pain + wound healing are daily Juven drink, Arnica, stool softener, Oxycodone graduating to Tylenol as needed. In other knee surgeries - I found keeping ahead of the pain was better than when in pain.

Overall, so far, this whole process has been intriguing AND not as bad as I thought. Sensing a good premise of what's to follow. My compression garments and socks actually feel really good - stabilizing me + fit well. They placed pads between the stitches and garment. So far feeling not pinching or discomfort. We are having crispy cool whether and enjoyed a walk down the block with hubby and puppy this afternoon. Tonight Hubby's making our favorite navy bean Soup with loads of veggies, cloves + baked ham cubes for flavor. He also made Chia pudding to die for made with vanilla, pear, orange, macadamia nuts, cacao powder... Nice winter recipes.

Very excited and feel most fortunate to take this next step to what will become another game changer. I want my 60's to be a fabulous decade!

Do hope all the ladies in our winterized plastics group continued best wishes and quality healing. Addie ;]

IMG_1570.jpeg

IMG_1578.jpeg

IMG_1598.jpeg

This is so exciting! You are looking well. I hope you continue to recover well!

Awww your doggie is adorable! Is she a wire hair fox terrier? You are cute, too...😁 You look pretty chipper for what you've been through. I hope Doggo knows not to step on any sore bits! My Jack Russells are just the opposite--if I have an "owie" they seem to know where to step on it!

I can't wait to see some pictures after you've healed!

Just to clarify - this was day surgery? No overnight stay? Amazing! Best wishes for a quick recovery!

15 minutes ago, JRT Mom said:

Awww your doggie is adorable! Is she a wire hair fox terrier? You are cute, too...😁 You look pretty chipper for what you've been through. I hope Doggo knows not to step on any sore bits! My Jack Russells are just the opposite--if I have an "owie" they seem to know where to step on it!

Yes! Bobby is our wire haired fox terrier - Rambunctious and full antics but he really does seem to know when a family member is in recovery from something and needs his TLC. I love Jack Russells (what are there names - do send a picture). They are the more friskier of the terrier group but cute as buttons! We met the cutest Jack Russell puppy in Miami this past weekend. He will certainly keep up with his new family and their two young boys! His name was Bruce which cracked me up! No doubt, a snuggly puppy helps with the healing process, too. Right? He is our traveling pooch and loves adventures. We'll take him on road trips whenever we can. Fun!

16 minutes ago, JRT Mom said:

IMG_2764.jpeg

IMG_2786.jpeg

IMG_0911.jpeg

Yay, Sophie, I was thinking about you yesterday...glad to see you are doing well!

BTW, you look way to chipper in that last photo for someone who just had surgery, LOL.

And I am amazed at how straight you are able to stand! Although I suppose fleur-de-lis has a vertical incision which wouldn't hunch you down as much?...you are fortunate that you will be spared the back pain!

Looking forward to reading about your progress :) 💜

4 minutes ago, Sophie7713 said:

Yes! Bobby is our wire haired fox terrier - Rambunctious and full antics but he really does seem to know when a family member is in recovery from something and needs his TLC. I love Jack Russells (what are there names - do send a picture). They are the more friskier of the terrier group but cute as buttons! We met the cutest Jack Russell puppy in Miami this past weekend. He will certainly keep up with his new family and their two young boys! His name was Bruce which cracked me up! No doubt, a snuggly puppy helps with the healing process, too. Right? He is our traveling pooch and loves adventures. We'll take him on road trips whenever we can. Fun!

IMG_2764.jpeg

IMG_2786.jpeg

IMG_0911.jpeg

Awww, what a handsome devil! I love his little life vest. If he's like most terriers, HE'S the captain of that boat!

Mine are all three rescues and older dogs. Dayna is the grand dame at thirteen, Bentley is 9 and my newest adoptee is Nibbs at 8. We just adopted Nibbs a few months ago after losing Puck, who was a few weeks shy of being 17. We decided to start adopting the older guys when we realized a younger dog could outlive us, so from here on out we'd get the geriatric ones, like us! I'm not very computer savvy and I'm not sure how to post pictures. But take my word for it, they are gorgeous! At least to me, anyway...I might be a BIT biased...

30 minutes ago, Orchids&Dragons said:

Just to clarify - this was day surgery? No overnight stay? Amazing! Best wishes for a quick recovery!

Yes, surgery was performed yesterday early a.m. and in her state-of-the-art surgery center. I was released by 6:00pm that evening. By 8:00 pm I was snuggled in my own bed at home and slept like a baby. Hubby was given all the pertinent directions + procedures for aftercare AND has done famously. However, he's probably the more exhausted one than me! Haha. My surgeon is younger and 10 years out in private practice with different surgery perspectives (I liked her cutting edge view point but with relevant experience, too) and, the entire staff are women. My anesthesiologist was a doll from Mississippi. Robert, my hubby, brought them in his amazing homemade carrot cake. This is an example of the cake from another party... You know what they say, a way into your surgeons heart and their staff is dessert after a very, very long day of procedures! LOL. ;]

IMG_4779.jpeg

I was JUST thinking about you today, and wondering when exactly your surgery is/was!

Congrats on what sounds like a successful surgery and a smooth recovery so far!

I concur w @ms.sss, you are standing awfully straight, and hopefully that will spare you the back pain!

Wow @Sophie7713 you look incredible for someone who just had surgery!! Congratulations, and wishing you a swift pain free recovery!!!

Bobby is so adorable, what a character! We are thinking of getting a new doggo soon, our much much loved little JRT girl had to be put down 2 years ago at the age of 12, it broke our hearts.. and I haven't been able to think about getting another, but hubby is keen for a new companion, so maybe... Foxy would definately be on our list, does Bobby shed much? Our JRT was a shedding machine lol... still find her hair in a house she was never in!

Your hubby is a wonderful man also, what a superstar to not only look after you so perfectly, but think of your surgical team and bake them a cake!!! Wowsers what a gent! :D

Edited by DaisyChainOz
wrong thread lol

Statistics
Cost: $16,000 for breast lift AND FLEUR DE LIS STYLED Tummy Tuck (saved up and self paid)
Date: January 21, 2020 surgery date
Surgeon: Dr. Dana Goldberg, Jupiter, Florida
Three days before surgery Hibiclens antispetic showers and application of Mupirocin ointment. I ate my regular routine and variety of high quality salads, fresh fruits, nuts, veggies, baked seeded crackers (Firehook brand) with cheese nibbles along with hot tea/1% milk + 80 -100 oz. Water per day.
Day One
Surgery 9:00am - 3:30pm yesterday. Was administered Experal, Valium (if needed) and Enoxaparin. Recovery time until 6:00 pm. Hubby takes me home and I'm in bed by 8:00 pm until 5:00am to empty pressurize drains (3) + urinate. Off balance a bit and slumped to the floor. Puppy to the rescue! Not a fall - just loopy and off balance a bit. Walked around the house with my walker device twice. Surgeon does not want me bent over but standing straight up.
Day Two
Today follow-up appointment at surgeons office 9:15am. Everything looked great and they were amazed with my healthy appearance. I believe this is attributable to clean and simple eating, Water, no sugar or salt or little processed products. 5 pounds of skin was removed and I feel so much lighter! That puts me at 124! - Of course, after swelling and settling in the next weeks and months to follow maybe more.... I had them take a picture of the removed flesh. I see it fascinating, not morbid. After all, it was a part of me once. Got a glimpse of the girls aka. breasts today and I love them!!! Perky and pretty. No longer the inherited elongated missels downward from my mother and Aunt! Haha.
Other supplements to help with pain + wound healing are daily Juven drink, Arnica, stool softener, Oxycodone graduating to Tylenol as needed. In other knee surgeries - I found keeping ahead of the pain was better than when in pain.
Overall, so far, this whole process has been intriguing AND not as bad as I thought. Sensing a good premise of what's to follow. My compression garments and socks actually feel really good - stabilizing me + fit well. They placed pads between the stitches and garment. So far feeling not pinching or discomfort. We are having crispy cool whether and enjoyed a walk down the block with hubby and puppy this afternoon. Tonight Hubby's making our favorite navy bean Soup with loads of veggies, cloves + baked ham cubes for flavor. He also made Chia pudding to die for made with vanilla, pear, orange, macadamia nuts, cacao powder... Nice winter recipes.
Very excited and feel most fortunate to take this next step to what will become another game changer. I want my 60's to be a fabulous decade!
Do hope all the ladies in our winterized plastics group continued best wishes and quality healing. Addie ;]

IMG_1570.thumb.jpeg.3c21f2cb1db1efe8b0cd0902434bd012.jpeg
IMG_1578.thumb.jpeg.707d5688ca6a656b2aaad66c8268ca8b.jpeg
IMG_1598.thumb.jpeg.46f519dffcf85beaa3c40e5e3a8a2643.jpeg

Congratulations!

Wonderful so glad all went well, thank you for sharing!

13 hours ago, DaisyChainOz said:

Wow @Sophie7713 you look incredible for someone who just had surgery!! Congratulations, and wishing you a swift pain free recovery!!!

Bobby is so adorable, what a character! We are thinking of getting a new doggo soon, our much much loved little JRT girl had to be put down 2 years ago at the age of 12, it broke our hearts.. and I haven't been able to think about getting another, but hubby is keen for a new companion, so maybe... Foxy would definately be on our list, does Bobby shed much? Our JRT was a shedding machine lol... still find her hair in a house she was never in!

Your hubby is a wonderful man also, what a superstar to not only look after you so perfectly, but think of your surgical team and bake them a cake!!! Wowsers what a gent! :D

IMG_7842_edited-9.thumb.jpg.a85cc7c531835b538546af5aee0eed8d.jpgSo sorry to hear about your fury family loss. :[ I'd definitely look into the wire fox terrier! They are our favorite breed. A fabulous breed. They bring so much joy to a household. They do not shed but you do need to keep their undercoat managed by combing it out + along with puppy cut or stripping which they do to show dogs. We do not strip Bobby.

Robert has been an incredibly attentive nurse, and baker extraordinare all built in one! Haha. I'll send you a few more wire fox terrier inspirations to consider. They are very athletic, social and full of curiosity AND adventure. Bobby has not left my side since surgery. A very faithful companion, indeed.

IMG_2117.jpeg

IMG_1510.jpeg

IMG_0678.jpg

IMG_0057.jpg