Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Intermittent Fasting Daily Menu/Results/Accountability

14 minutes ago, sillykitty said:

You need a travel buddy! I've never been with anyone who likes to travel like I do. Some of my ex's I would have murdered if we had been on a long trip together, or at least stranded them in a foreign country. Now when I date someone and they're like "Oh, I want to do some traveling, we can do it together" I'm like "Sorry my dance card is full until I get more vacation time AND you prove that you won't annoy the f out of me!" :P

I have traveled with my sister a few times, but if we have too good a time, hubby gets jealous-even though he didn't want to go!

16 minutes ago, sillykitty said:

You need a travel buddy! I've never been with anyone who likes to travel like I do. Some of my ex's I would have murdered if we had been on a long trip together, or at least stranded them in a foreign country. Now when I date someone and they're like "Oh, I want to do some traveling, we can do it together" I'm like "Sorry my dance card is full until I get more vacation time AND you prove that you won't annoy the f out of me!" :P

I agree

1 hour ago, sillykitty said:

Some of my ex's I would have murdered if we had been on a long trip together, or at least stranded them in a foreign country.

I broke up with a guy because he made me lose my mind in airports. I am an airport ninja, and he dithered - couldn't find his passport, couldn't decide how to get to the airport, got to the airport late, meandered around duty free.. Vibrating with rage turned out not to be a good start to a vacation, but it was an excellent warning for what a future life together might've been like.

I also ditch coworkers in airports, especially my boss. Airports are my zen place, and I will LIE to take a different flight than him. If I have to take the same flight, I ensure I am out of his sight for as long as humanly possible (which just means he texts me frantically for the 45 minutes leading up to boarding, but still).

3 hours ago, sideeye said:

I broke up with a guy because he made me lose my mind in airports. I am an airport ninja, and he dithered - couldn't find his passport, couldn't decide how to get to the airport, got to the airport late, meandered around duty free.. Vibrating with rage turned out not to be a good start to a vacation, but it was an excellent warning for what a future life together might've been like.

I also ditch coworkers in airports, especially my boss. Airports are my zen place, and I will LIE to take a different flight than him. If I have to take the same flight, I ensure I am out of his sight for as long as humanly possible (which just means he texts me frantically for the 45 minutes leading up to boarding, but still).

The ONLY people I'm willing to fly with are my children. They are Airport Rockstars since infancy, honestly they are they only people I'm willing to travel with. Either them or Solo... I've tried traveling with guys... I wanted to cry, publicly.

Edited by GreenTealael

14 minutes ago, GreenTealael said:

The ONLY people I'm willing to fly with ate my children

You really shouldn't fly with people who eat children.....

sorry couldn't help myself :)

So finally had a chance to weigh myself again. Ummm ok, I guess.
I'll attribute it to IF, throwing Matcha on everything, and not eating as much as I think I do (I think I eat a ton, In reality I don't and people notice [emoji29])
I'm not playing your little game scale. up&down ,+/- ,10lbs range...
tomorrow I'll be 165... Whatever
IMG_20190122_090659.thumb.jpg.18615183c6a92c2720b330d5b99d3c64.jpg
Woah that's a lovely surprise! Well done!!
[emoji322][emoji322][emoji324][emoji324]

Sent from my SM-G930F using BariatricPal mobile app

No, those are gifs
An animated gif is an image that's been encoded using the graphics interchange format

So I'm guessing you work in software or something techy [emoji6]

Ireland (self drive, which was the adventure aspect [emoji14])

Oy! (Nahh you're right)

I'm guessing Morocco from the camel!

What's a word for jealousy times infinity? Iceland, wow! We've already talked about Cambodia. Tried to talk Hubby into Egypt, he said no way, same answer for Thailand [emoji24]
Mine has no adventure in him anymore. We honeymooned in Israel & Palestine but that was 20 years ago!

12 hours ago, ummyasmin said:

Oy! (Nahh you're right)

I'm guessing Morocco from the camel!

I'm generally unflappable. In all my travels there has only been two times I've been seriously frazzled.

Once in Vietnam when we were stranded on the wrong side of town from our hotel at night due to flooding, and then the power went out in the entire town.

The other time was as a car passenger in Ireland. Adventure TB was the driver, and she thought it was going swimmingly, while I was so tense I was getting a core workout while sitting in the passenger seat. Why are there stone walls on the sides of the road? Why are they disguised by friendly looking bushes? Why are the lanes just barely wide enough for a car, when tractors, which are wider, drive on them? Why are there so many twist that every single corner is blind and there is no safe place to pass said tractor? And then there are the sheep, and the bicyclist, and old people walking, all in the road, inevitably around a blind corner. I actually broke out in hives from the stress :blush:. It took us a few days to figure out what I was allergic to. I'd be fine in the morning, then broken out by evening. Apparently I was allergic to Irish driving! :lol:

I'm actually going to Egypt this trip.

1 hour ago, sillykitty said:

Why are there stone walls on the sides of the road?

I actually know this one. In most cases, those stones were cleared off that land to allow farming. It's much cheaper to pen your livestock or enclose your crops with the raw material at hand than purchase something else. (Grandparents from the "old country")

I'm generally unflappable. In all my travels there has only been two times I've been seriously frazzled.

Baaaaaahahaha you described Irish country driving to a T! Those narrow roads (called boreens) are apparently the width of a cow and a half coz that's all the farmers needed to move their cattle before the car was invented.
AFAIK, the reason the roads have walls and hedgerows along them is that they are historic borders of land plots and owners were required to show their boundaries by digging a ditch and putting a mound of dirt alongside. Over time they became roads because that's how people used to navigate by walking along the ditches. Hedgerows are very effective windstops and the walls were projects from the last century or so as a way of providing employment.

What this means is, unless you're a local and you know the roads well, you have to drive pretty slowly round bends and if you are behind a tractor you just enjoy the scenery coz they hardly ever pull over for you and there's no way to pass them out.

Enjoy Egypt! I have a few Gypo friends and they are the best. Plus you must try mahshi if you get a chance, it's SooooooooOOOo delish!

I actually know this one. In most cases, those stones were cleared off that land to allow farming. It's much cheaper to pen your livestock or enclose your crops with the raw material at hand than purchase something else. (Grandparents from the "old country")
Oooh my hubs told me that the stone walls were unemployment projects, but maybe he's talking about the relatively neat, tall ones that go around big landed properties here in Tipp, coz a quick Google tells me you're right especially with the old walls in the West.

2 hours ago, ummyasmin said:

Oooh my hubs told me that the stone walls were unemployment projects, but maybe he's talking about the relatively neat, tall ones that go around big landed properties here in Tipp, coz a quick Google tells me you're right especially with the old walls in the West.

My grandfather was a stone mason in Ireland 😊

Edited by Orchids&Dragons