Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Intermittent Fasting Daily Menu/Results/Accountability

Just now, Orchids&Dragons said:

I think you found your 4 pounds

I agree! I once removed 6 lbs of waste in 2 days ... Ridiculous. I just can't believe it sometimes

I'm trying to resist MOM or Smooth Move tea in the hopes that the yogurt and psyllium will normalize me. I just found out that MOM can become addictive! Who knew? I sparkleheart it and used it every couple of weeks! :(

Hi y'all, sorry to be MIA. Super swamped here and having a bit of SAD I think? I just am finding it really difficult to get my head back in the game after the holidays.
Welcome to all the new kids on the block and hello to all my dear friends!!!
[mention=337507]Orchids&Dragons[/mention]-I break for brownies. ((hugs))
[mention=348975]ummyasmin[/mention]-The secret to lovely matcha is...wait for it...a scosh of Crystal Light Lemonade drink stick. [emoji3] me=unrepentant, or using the Better Stevia lemon stevia liquid drops. So so so good! I also mix it into yogurt with blueberries, almonds, and poppy seeds. Addicted. (TY [mention=321469]GreenTealael[/mention] for turning me onto that game!)
[mention=333899]sillykitty[/mention]- I want to become one with that sammy! It looks so dang delish!!! Nom!
Ugh so a few perils of Pauline here: my blood sugars have been pretty low lately--like in the upper 60s. So I have been trying to "fix myself" by eating 6 small meals a day and staying between 600-800 cals. My B6 has been low as well and I started a BComplex supplement, plus some extra Vitamin C and Zinc for Hair loss. The results from something are that I am famished! Like starvin' marvin' hungry--all the dang time! And I'm terrified. So far, I'm up from 144.8lbs to 148.4lbs this morning. How can someone gain weight eating 600-800cals? Ugh! Life can sure be a bitter pill at times!
I'm also having massive poop issues. The GI doc started me on 40mg of PPI rather than 20mg, and wanted me to start Linzess. We're trying to get rid of the esophagus pain and inflammation and he thinks I may be so backed up that it's putting pressure on my pouch and tummy and keeping things backed up. But Linzess and I do not play well together, and instead, I'm trying taking 11g of psyllium husks per day along with more green veggies, etc. I think I'm filled with poop! LOL, but at least I am going a little more regularly and it isn't Rosemary's Baby bad.
Sorry for the book. Bottom line is I haven't been IFing cuz of blood sugars. But maybe the high 60s are just my new normal? I feel fine until my BGs get down into the low 50s. Then I feel like crap. And right now, I don't even know if I can IF cuz of the hunger!
I'm gonna stop the BComplex and Zinc and C to see if that makes my hunger level go back to normal. Maybe I'm drinking too much green tea? I'm drinking a cup of matcha + 1 Chinese-size tea pot of green tea a day in addition to decaff coffee. Thoughts on this? Too much ECGC driving my blood sugar down?
Hugs all around!!
Sadly Crystal Light does not exist in my universe but Imma try some SF Syrup, BUT in more important news, mid-60s seems too low but WebMD says 60s is normal for some peeps (https://www.webmd.com/diabetes/qa/what-are-normal-blood-sugar-levels) so if you're not feeling any symptoms maybe it's where your body wants to sit, although I wonder if being hungry is actually a symptom?
Keep well!

Sent from my SM-G930F using BariatricPal mobile app

11 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

I'm trying to resist MOM or Smooth Move tea in the hopes that the yogurt and psyllium will normalize me. I just found out that MOM can become addictive! Who knew? I sparkleheart it and used it every couple of weeks! :(

Idk about you but I have to drink tea. I switched to pure Senna and drink a little more often when I have problematic foods (dense animal proteins), then switch to ryvita crispbread with nut butter as last meal before bed to ensure bm in the morning. This has been working for me.

7 minutes ago, ummyasmin said:

Sadly Crystal Light does not exist in my universe but Imma try some SF Syrup, BUT in more important news, mid-60s seems too low but WebMD says 60s is normal for some peeps (https://www.webmd.com/diabetes/qa/what-are-normal-blood-sugar-levels) so if you're not feeling any symptoms maybe it's where your body wants to sit, although I wonder if being hungry is actually a symptom?
Keep well!

Ok, well then try this one! Do you have liquid stevia there? Or some kind of sf sweetener? Cuz if so, squeeze a wedge of lemon into the matcha and sweeten as desired. Stir. Heaven! :) And you actually build a preference for that grassy taste. At first I was like alll,,,,,"""whhhhhuuuhhh?" and now I'm all...WOW...matcha...mmmmmm! :)

Yeah, I was reading that too...that maybe it's just my new normal, or maybe the ECGC was making bgs go low. And that the hunger was part of the lows. Dunno. But first step is taking out the added supplements to see where I land. :) I did inadvertently do a 20hour fast from yesterday at 2pm to today around 10:30ish. I'll test my bgs before eating. I was famished and just shoved down some almond butter, Pork rinds and a Biltong (beef Jerky stick) after having had lunch (sardines and salad) 2 hours earlier. And then I started feeling bad as I usually do after nut butter...so laid down, napped, and wasn't hungry last night. So I just had black coffee from 2pm on. I still met my Protein goal yesterday. Last night my bg was 68.

1 minute ago, GreenTealael said:

Idk about you but I have to drink tea. I switched to pure Senna and drink a little more often when I have problematic foods (dense animal proteins), then switch to ryvita crispbread with nut butter as last meal before bed to ensure bm in the morning. This has been working for me.

Hmmm, maybe I will try that? I have some GG brancrisps and almond butter here. I'm ok with 1tbsp of AB, but I ate 2tbsp yesterday and I just don't handle that much at one time very well.

If the earth doesn't move today (day 2), I'm gonna hit it with some Smooth Move tea for the win! And try the snack tonight.

Hey so how often do you use the tea? Do you think/feel you are becoming dependent on it?

5 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

Hmmm, maybe I will try that? I have some GG brancrisps and almond butter here. I'm ok with 1tbsp of AB, but I ate 2tbsp yesterday and I just don't handle that much at one time very well.

If the earth doesn't move today (day 2), I'm gonna hit it with some Smooth Move tea for the win! And try the snack tonight.

Hey so how often do you use the tea? Do you think/feel you are becoming dependent on it?

I use it at night only during the days I have dense Protein, or a problem. Just small cup, don't even bother to finish it. Just as an aid in the process. But I take breaks as recommended on the box and generally. I've totally become more dependant on the crispbread as a source of Fiber. I use bare minimum nut butter on it too LOL

Just now, GreenTealael said:

I use it at night only during the days I have dense Protein, or a problem. Just small cup, don't even bother to finish it. Just as an aid in the process. But I take breaks as recommended on the box and generally. I've totally become more dependant on the crispbread as a source of Fiber. I use bare minimum nut butter on it too LOL

Ok, well I'm gonna try your protocol! :D Hell you're already winning me over to dark side: match yogurt bowls and I've been considering adding kale salads...and thinking of Beans. *snort*

2 hours ago, FluffyChix said:

Ok, well I'm gonna try your protocol! :D Hell you're already winning me over to dark side: match yogurt bowls and I've been considering adding kale salads...and thinking of Beans. *snort*

Hahaha,

but we do have different surgeries so there may be something at play there...

Welcome back @FluffyChix

Sorry you've been struggling lately :unsure:. I can't help at all on the bg thing, I have no experience. I had also heard that B Vitamins cause hunger. I don't experience that, but it can be a thing.

With all the regularity talk .... do you all go every day, and consider it a problem if you don't? :blush:

Thanks hon! ((hugs)) I used to be very regular (daily). Now if I don't go every other day I panic. Without details, Christmas morning was excruciating and almost led to the ER. OMG. Merry Christmas. You know?! How regular are you?

25 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

Thanks hon! ((hugs)) I used to be very regular (daily). Now if I don't go every other day I panic. Without details, Christmas morning was excruciating and almost led to the ER. OMG. Merry Christmas. You know?! How regular are you?

:(

I'm regularly irregular, if that makes sense? I might go three days in a row, and then not for 3 more days, and then skip, and then two days in a row, etc.. But it causes no issues, no discomfort. I've literally never felt constipated, or maybe I don't know what constipated feels like? I asked my GI ex about this once (when I was liquored up and had the courage :lol:) and he said as long it didn't cause issues, no reason to worry.

I only had a painful bathroom experience twice in my life. My first bm 8 days post op, but liquid diet + opioids, to be expected. The second was a few days into the January challenge, when I was very Protein focused :blush:

Want to double like! LOL, we need a huggy and a laughing! I feel and understand! :lol:

Ok, well then try this one! Do you have liquid stevia there? Or some kind of sf sweetener? Cuz if so, squeeze a wedge of lemon into the matcha and sweeten as desired. Stir. Heaven!... Last night my bg was 68.

OK tomorrow is the day to try the matcha at home! I'm strong, I'm brave, and I have old lemons that need using up.

How's the blood sugar having stopped the supplements?