Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Intermittent Fasting Daily Menu/Results/Accountability

I have a question. Sorry if it’s been asked already - I haven’t read through the entire thread yet. If I choose a 20-4 fast schedule, am I able to drink Protein Water during the fasting time? It has 70 cals, 9 fat, 2 carbs (no sugar) and 15g of protein. Otherwise, I won’t be able to hit my daily goal of 60g of protein because I can’t eat or drink enough in that 4 hour window.

Will the drink ruin the fasting results? And if not, is it better to stretch drinking the protein water out over a few hours or drink it quickly?

3 minutes ago, ResaRoo said:

I have a question. Sorry if it’s been asked already - I haven’t read through the entire thread yet. If I choose a 20-4 fast schedule, am I able to drink Protein Water during the fasting time? It has 70 cals, 9 fat, 2 carbs (no sugar) and 15g of Protein. Otherwise, I won’t be able to hit my daily goal of 60g of protein because I can’t eat or drink enough in that 4 hour window.

Will the drink ruin the fasting results? And if not, is it better to stretch drinking the protein Water out over a few hours or drink it quickly?

There are no hard and fast rules for IF, lots of different variations. Some plans consider low calories a fast, while others require no calories during the fasting time frame

BUT ... 2 months post WLS is way way too soon IMO to start with IF. Focus on healing and getting your protein and fluids. The weight will come off without IF, promise. Save IF for when your capacity expands and your hunger comes back.

5 minutes ago, ResaRoo said:

Will the drink ruin the fasting results?

Well, what are your desired results when it comes to fasting?

I’m hoping to kick start some weight loss. I’ve been in a stall for almost 3 weeks. I think I’m a bit worried that my metabolism is out of whack right now, and doing some IF might help it.

I’m hoping to kick start some weight loss. I’ve been in a stall for almost 3 weeks. I think I’m a bit worried that my metabolism is out of whack right now, and doing some IF might help it.

If weight loss is the reason I'm with sillykitty. It's too early. Be patient. With one or two meals a day maximum within a 4 h eating window you won't be able to get the nutrients in you need.