Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Intermittent Fasting Daily Menu/Results/Accountability

@Sheribear68 I'm doing ADF today with a 500cal limit and doing a 16:8 with it. :) Trying to hold out until around 2:30pm for first meal. :( Sorry to miss it with you!

1 minute ago, FluffyChix said:

@Apple1 That looks delish!!! YUM!!! How many eggs can you eat at a meal? Scrambled AND overeasy. :) Asking for a friend...

I serve myself what I think is 2. If I just eat the eggs and no bacon I can eat 2. I ate about half of what was on that plate in the photo cause I ate 2 strips of bacon lol

(whispers into hand...I can eat the 2 eggs + 2 strips of bacon...walks away)

On 02/03/2020 at 10:27, FluffyChix said:

@Sheribear68 I'm doing ADF today with a 500cal limit and doing a 16:8 with it. :) Trying to hold out until around 2:30pm for first meal. :( Sorry to miss it with you!

It’s all good.
Today wasn’t a good fasting option bc I’ve got a longer shift, and I got up way early to run, then go to Pilates.
By the time I got home around 10am, I was already feeling the deficient so I settled down with my coffee/protein shake.
Besides, today’s gonna be rough at work as we have a floater AND my lead tech is out with family issues. Not a good day to be cranky or hangry, so tomorrow we fast, lol

Lates shifts are a good chance to do a 20:4 or at least an 18:6 - today I was very busy during the first hours of my shifts so 20 h was a breeze.

My long work days are usually the easiest to fast I'm so busy I dont have time to think abt eating I just keep my big water bottle next to me .

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using BariatricPal mobile app

Yesterday I planned to eat just one meal. I ate dinner at about 6:30 which was just about 30 minutes shy of 24 hours since my last meal. I did drink 2 large cups of coffee and plenty of Water. I ended up having a snack after the group meeting about 10 pm,so I am not sure it was really one meal, but I ended the day with only 774 calories consumed.

I went for a run yesterday morning!!! This was my first time since knee surgery 2 months ago to repair a torn meniscus. It went pretty good. I only ran 2 miles and I definitely did not push myself. I am a little sore but the knee feels ok. I ran then walked, then ran. I felt the pull to keep running like I used to and it felt so dang good. I am praying I can keep going with no pain.

On 02/03/2020 at 16:09, chayarg said:

My long work days are usually the easiest to fast I'm so busy I dont have time to think abt eating I just keep my big water bottle next to me .

Not me.
Work gets intense. And I have to be “on” physically and mentally bc if I lose focus for just a few seconds my lack of focus could result in dire consequences.

All in all, yesterday was a fairly low calorie day despite me not fasting.
Had a PP shake, then a handful of mixed nuts, then for the sake of speed (we don’t get any kind of scheduled breaks so I eat on the run-literally) I dumped a P3 thingie in some leftover salad.

If I’m generous, I prolly had about 600-700 calories, but it was enough.
I was getting hunger pains when I got home at 11:30, but I drank down a bottle of Water and was able to fall asleep with a combo of journaling/reading/ meditation before 1am.

Was able to sleep til almost 9am and now I’m within an hour of class, then I can grab a quick bite to break fast before I’ll need to go to work again.

Feeling strong, but I’ve had to drink 2 bottles of water since waking to get through a couple of hunger surges.

29 minutes ago, Sheribear68 said:

Work gets intense. And I have to be “on” physically and mentally bc if I lose focus for just a few seconds my lack of focus could result in dire consequences.

Interestingly enough my focus is way better during the fasting window, especially when at the angiography table.

4 minutes ago, summerset said:

How long do you fast to induce autophagy? A 20 h window is supposed to have moderate autophagy benefits. Do you fast for longer?

Whew! First I need to return to the fold 😂 but if I want to get in quick I will do a 24 dry fast or 36 hr wet fast, then continue with 20 /18 hr fasts.

This is what works for me and (TMI time) I can tell by bathroom responses whether or not I'm there.

How do you get enough calories in within a 4 h eating window? I find that to be impossible.

Eat for dense with nutrients and cals like salmon and nuts

1 minute ago, chayarg said:

Eat for dense with nutrients and cals like salmon and nuts

Still no chance to get about 2000 to 2500 kcal during that eating window. At least not if I don't want to gorge on nuts.