Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Intermittent Fasting Daily Menu/Results/Accountability

I heart green Soup. :) Today's offering:

broth, collards, pictsweet seasoning blend, crimini mushrooms, shrimp and chicken. :)

18 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

I heart green Soup. :) Today's offering:

broth, collards, pictsweet seasoning blend, crimini mushrooms, shrimp and chicken. :)

That sounds really good....I rarely eat Soup because I am still hungry afterwards. Do want some taco soup but I need to come up with a substitute for the tortilla chips.

11 minutes ago, MIZ60 said:

That sounds really good....I rarely eat Soup because I am still hungry afterwards. Do want some taco Soup but I need to come up with a substitute for the tortilla chips.

Oh yum! How about looking into the fermented blue corn chips and using much less? Or, use the lentil kind? Still not perfect, but lower carb. :)

I drink the broth like a tea. Then just kinda hang out. The broth really soothes and satisfies/fills me. Then when I eat the solids, they stick around. So I'm still not eating/drinking at the same time. The solids measure 3/4cup cooked by volume. The broth is about a full cup or 1 1/4 cups. But hey it's just liquid! :)

I also use pickled pepper vinegar in it and garlic/onion/parsley/thyme, etc. Or Asian flavors if I'm hungry for that or Mex/Ital, etc flavors. :) You can add a spoon or two of marinara to it. Very good! And use turkey sausage crumbles and a little fennel pollen or fennel seed and it tastes like Italian wedding soup. It's disgustingly healthy!

image.png.bbf50946fd358bc9a1e282a8c67841bf.png

green-soup-shrimp91318_3643web.thumb.jpg.124b09eab758fba72b3755cec9f8fbf4.jpg

Edited by FluffyChix

1 hour ago, MIZ60 said:

That sounds really good....I rarely eat Soup because I am still hungry afterwards. Do want some taco Soup but I need to come up with a substitute for the tortilla chips.

Quest Protein chips, tortilla style?

22 minutes ago, GreenTealael said:

Quest Protein chips, tortilla style?

Oh great idea! Haven't tried them yet, but love the Quest Chips!

On 1/17/2019 at 11:00 AM, MIZ60 said:

Sadly, my Korean friend is in the throes of chemo and not leaving the house since I am really intimidated going in there...

Don’t be intimidated, the Korean supermarket is the best! Get the tiny drinkable yogurts! And the produce tends to be amazing. Get kimchi too.

1 hour ago, sideeye said:

Don’t be intimidated, the Korean supermarket is the best! Get the tiny drinkable yogurts! And the produce tends to be amazing. Get kimchi too.

I really do love the place but most of the time I do not know what I am looking at. My friend makes her own kimchi and it is wonderful. You are right, their fruits and veggies look great. I just need to get over it and go. Won't be the same without her though....she does not want to be out and about during cold and flu season which I totally understand.

23 hours ago, MIZ60 said:

I really do love the place but most of the time I do not know what I am looking at. My friend makes her own kimchi and it is wonderful. You are right, their fruits and veggies look great. I just need to get over it and go. Won't be the same without her though....she does not want to be out and about during cold and flu season which I totally understand.

Dang! I remember that time. Hopefully she will have a great remission with it and will go on to live and lead a full fearless life again, with many visits to the Korean grocers between the 2 of you!!!

Love that she makes her own kim chi. I want to do that so bad but am so afraid of killing us! :)

@GreenTealael Even though I think Dr. V. has traveled down a rabbit hole and melted or is flat out stoned/baked/wired with drugs, I like his psych advice.

I'm gonna claim it. Yesterday I hit 144.8lbs and today I'm still at 144.8lbs. That means that technically, I've just crossed over into the very top end of my "Normal Weight Category" for my height of 5'4". Yippee!!!! I'm still 4.8lbs away from 2nd Goal, but I will just keep trudging along.

These last 10 pounds have been brought you by Matcha and green tea, the teas that boost your metabolism. And by my gastro guy who insisted on me going back to my 1cup or less per meal Portion Control. :)

heightweightchartwomen.JPG

Edited by FluffyChix

24 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

I'm gonna claim it. Yesterday I hit 144.8lbs and today I'm still at 144.8lbs. That means that technically, I've just crossed over into the very top end of my "Normal Weight Category" for my height of 5'4". Yippee!!!! I'm still 4.8lbs away from 2nd Goal, but I will just keep trudging along.

These last 10 pounds have been brought you by Matcha and green tea, the teas that boost your metabolism. And by my gastro guy who insisted on me going back to my 1cup or less per meal Portion Control. :)

giphy.gif

29 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

friends-clapping-excited-gif.gif.fb828403c2a67e413494ee5f7e2c2e69.gifgiphy.gif.7cbf56c1ee405e9f57fdcf600e59966c.gif

Man! Y'all have the BEST memes! I gotta go find some to use! TY guys! ((hugs)) You're the best!

I am still a Dr. V sub because he's honest about what he's selling (I don't need to buy it)

And his advice is still spot on for most people not just the WLS community. Stop eating BS if you're gaining/regaining

and he was like sure, yeah you may need to try IF to gain some control ...

Edited by GreenTealael

7 minutes ago, GreenTealael said:

I am still a Dr. V sub because he's honest about what he's selling (I don't need to buy it)

And his advice is still spot on for most people not just the WLS community. Stop eating BS if you're gaining/regaining

and he was like sure, yeah you may need to try IF to gain some control ...

Agreed! I do love that he doesn't sugar coat the truth. You know?!