Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Intermittent Fasting Daily Menu/Results/Accountability

OK, speaking only for myself, ds are ugly - coyote ugly. I'll take a pic of just about any other body part (love a great @ss) but no ds, please!

2 hours ago, Orchids&Dragons said:

OK, speaking only for myself, ds are ugly - coyote ugly. I'll take a pic of just about any other body part (love a great @ss) but no ds, please!

Coyote Ugly! Bahahahahaaha

Did y'all ever see a movie called The Groove Tube? :)

Ok, the carnage from Fatsgiving was truly epic. I was up 10lbs from my lowest weight posting in my ticker. Holy fu*k! Right?

I am a rationalizer, so I blame it on:

1. Being off my last BP med, a diuretic and having lymphedema and Fluid retention from the travel.

2. Having the Fatsgiving carb fest that is my brother's tradition.

3. Eating all the Triscuits in Austin with all the spray can cheese and dry salami in HEB while we were waiting to eat at 10pm that night.

4. Breakfast tacos on Bee Caves.

5. Chili and tamales at the TX Chili Parlor

6. Wine

So...thanks to a couple days of IF/OMAD, plus another couple of days with 18/6's I am now only 4lbs up from my ticker weight. Today I'm doing a 16/8 DD (500cals) and I will expect to keep whittling away at the 4lb spread. If all goes according to plan, I will be back at poster weight by Monday. :D Then I can get on with the business of reaching 2nd Goal with only having a one week scenic Detour. :D

Did anyone have an uptick on the Fatsgiving scale this year? How are you doing TCB? Is it coming back off? Are you back at pre-FG weight?

Ok, go!

Hey guys! I have been lurking for a bit and decided to give the IF thing a go. After reading a bit, I will give the 14 hour fast/10 hour eating period a whirl. I am still good to have my morning coffee though, right? I typically just have my coffee w/ 1 cup almond milk and 1T cream, coming in at 80 calories for my daily tumbler of heaven :) Other than that, just going to try to stick strictly to tracking my food, keeping carbs under control and staying around 1000 - 1100 calories a day. I am pretty good with getting my Protein and Water in...but going to aim to get more than 100oz of water a day (right now I'm about 60-80oz). I had VSG 7/4/17 and would still like to lose about 25lbs.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Edited by samantha814

7 minutes ago, samantha814 said:

Hey guys! I have been lurking for a bit and decided to give the IF thing a go. After reading a bit, I will give the 14 hour fast/10 hour eating period a whirl. I am still good to have my morning coffee though, right? I typically just have my coffee w/ 1 cup almond milk and 1T cream, coming in at 80 calories for my daily tumbler of heaven :) Other than that, just going to try to stick strictly to tracking my food, keeping carbs under control and staying around 1000 - 1100 calories a day. I am pretty good with getting my Protein and Water in...but going to aim to get more than 100oz of Water a day (right now I'm about 60-80oz). I had VSG 7/4/17 and would still like to lose about 25lbs.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Hi and welcome! We each do IF a different way. And any way that works for us...is good. Right? :)

If it were me, most days, I'd try to start whittling down on the additions to the coffee until on IF days I was just doing black coffee. You may not be able to. Some days, I just do'nt want to exist without my 1oz of PP in my coffee. :) Doc's say to get the best bang for your autophagy buck you need to avoid any source of calories. But that's when you're hard core IFing in my honest opinion. I think 14/10 is a good place to start. Gradually work towards longer fasts if possible? 1000-1100 cals for me is beyond maintenance and into weight gain mode. So for me to lose, I have to be lower on average for the week. I can have some of those days, but then I have to average them with having more 500-600 cal days...

Hey I'm cross-posting this cuz I think it's a direct proof of what happens when this RNYer doesn't hit her Protein goals set by her RD to be in accordance with height and lean body mass. :(

"I think we're all different for sure. I started IF again back in September and since that time, deliberately let some days happen where I was super low protein and then lowered my total average weekly protein goal. And I'm seeing the difference and not in a good way. :(

It's not hard for me to reach my totals. It just means I can't do OMAD unless I drink a Protein Drink which I really see no need to do. I will try instead of OMAD to do 20/4 with 2 meals so I get my protein in for the day with only a minimum of Protein Powder."

I'm still gonna do my IF, and still do some days with 20/4, but I will def make my 70-74g of protein goal set by my RD from the start. It was a prescription she gave me based on my ideal weight and lean body mass.

Edited by FluffyChix

3 hours ago, FluffyChix said:

Ok, the carnage from Fatsgiving was truly epic. I was up 10lbs from my lowest weight posting in my ticker. Holy fu*k! Right?

I am a rationalizer, so I blame it on:

1. Being off my last BP med, a diuretic and having lymphedema and Fluid retention from the travel.

2. Having the Fatsgiving carb fest that is my brother's tradition.

3. Eating all the Triscuits in Austin with all the spray can cheese and dry salami in HEB while we were waiting to eat at 10pm that night.

4. Breakfast tacos on Bee Caves.

5. Chili and tamales at the TX Chili Parlor

6. Wine

So...thanks to a couple days of IF/OMAD, plus another couple of days with 18/6's I am now only 4lbs up from my ticker weight. Today I'm doing a 16/8 DD (500cals) and I will expect to keep whittling away at the 4lb spread. If all goes according to plan, I will be back at poster weight by Monday. :D Then I can get on with the business of reaching 2nd Goal with only having a one week scenic Detour. :D

Did anyone have an uptick on the Fatsgiving scale this year? How are you doing TCB? Is it coming back off? Are you back at pre-FG weight?

Ok, go!

I fluctuate any way but there was a Small jump, couldn't tell the amount it was before I got a scale but it couldn't feel it, after a cleaner diet and IF I went back down, then up and down daily depending on sodium and carbs. Which is why I won't worry about the scale too much, just how I feel and look. I have diastasis of the recti ( I think that's what it's called) so my abdominal area will always be a tale tell sign for me.

5 minutes ago, GreenTealael said:

I fluctuate any way but there was a Small jump, couldn't tell the amount it was before I got a scale but it couldn't feel it, after a cleaner diet and IF I went back down, then up and down daily depending on sodium and carbs. Which is why I won't worry about the scale too much, just how I feel and look. I have diastasis of the recti ( I think that's what it's called) so my abdominal area will always be a tale tell sign for me.

For sure! So you bloat in your abdomen?

Hey! Congrats on the scale BTW! I support that purchase! :D ;)

Edited by FluffyChix

6 minutes ago, GreenTealael said:

I hate the fluctuation. I seriously could probably gain 10lbs in my lymphedema arm alone. :( So yeah, salt, travel, and scales when that happens is def not my friend! :( But in this case, I also claim serious sodium/carb shenanigans that contributed not only to the lymphedema flare up but to total body bloat! And probably a couple of legit pounds of fat too. ;) Although, I am proud to say we walked 2-4 miles daily while we were there!

26 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

For sure! So you bloat in your abdomen?

Hey! Congrats on the scale BTW! I support that purchase! :D ;)

Yep mostly because animal Proteins like to stick around longer than needed . So I have to force them out...

I'm glad I decided to get a scale for maintenance only, I would have gone crazy in losing phase trying to figure out a pattern based on...

1543593003755_Image-1.png

Oh god!!! Fuhgettaboud losin when Mercury is in retrograde! *snort* For sure!

Hey look who I met at the airport yesterday! Guess who it is!!! We had a super awesome quick meet-up like a speed meet-up! :D

112918Biddy_Fluffy-incognito-flat.jpg.a923725ffff3028faf1f41b92c15c678.jpg

42 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

I hate the fluctuation. I seriously could probably gain 10lbs in my lymphedema arm alone. :( So yeah, salt, travel, and scales when that happens is def not my friend! :( But in this case, I also claim serious sodium/carb shenanigans that contributed not only to the lymphedema flare up but to total body bloat! And probably a couple of legit pounds of fat too. ;) Although, I am proud to say we walked 2-4 miles daily while we were there!

I'm guessing it's nearly all bloat. I would get that when I went from eating fairly cleanly, to vacation shenanigans. Not enough cals to account for the major gains, and they'd drop off once I was back on plan.

For ME, I think it was the wild swings in cals that caused my body to gain. Like it was trying to hold on to every cal! So I was super afraid of maintenance. But now my cals are wayyy higher than they were during the losing phase, and I'm still losing, although slowly. So maybe my body just likes consistency? Even if it is consistently high-ish? :unsure: