Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Intermittent Fasting Daily Menu/Results/Accountability

2 hours ago, GreenTealael said:

Well either my new scale is defective or I'm dropping weight rapidly and I don't think that's a good thing. I haven't been feeling great lately (prior med issues I think) but I'm 154 this morning? Um no. That's 4lbs in 4 days without trying. I hate to sound ungrateful but usually when people start dropping weight really quickly without trying it's a problem...

Are you picking up the scale and moving it every time you weigh? That can make the calibration on some scales wonky.

Edited by Orchids&Dragons

3 hours ago, Orchids&Dragons said:

Are you picking up the scale and moving it every time you weigh? That can make the calibration on some scales wonky.

I'm moving it from where it's stored to where I weigh, but it's off when I do it

Update:

Went to the gym and used the old school balance beam style scale there and got the same range of results (1lb more- clothes?)

IDK...

Edited by GreenTealael

On 12/3/2018 at 3:51 PM, GreenTealael said:

I'm moving it from where it's stored to where I weigh, but it's off when I do it

Update:

Went to the gym and used the old school balance beam style scale there and got the same range of results (1lb more- clothes?)

IDK...

I try not to move my scale and if I do--it's only a couple of inches until it is right back on the same spot I use daily. Here are my weight rules:

1. As soon as I pee.
  2. Nekkid.
  3. Blow out all the air from my lungs.
  4. Arms straight down, look straight ahead.
  5. Wait for beep.
  6. Repeat twice more.
  7. Average 3 results.
  8. If I poop soon thereafter of any major quantity, repeat above routine. :D (crazy much?)

The things that affect my weight:

1. The wind.
  2. Forces of evil.
  3. One sip of black coffee (makes scale go up 1lb).
  4. One sip of Water (see rule 3).
  5. Clothes (makes scale go up at least 2lbs sometimes more).
  6. Moving the scale...seriously BAD mojo for the day.
  7. Eating anything.
  8. Of course any salt or contraband from previous days of eating.

1 minute ago, FluffyChix said:

I try not to move my scale and if I do--it's only a couple of inches until it is right back on the same spot I use daily. Here are my weight rules:

1. As soon as I pee.
  2. Nekkid.
  3. Blow out all the air from my lungs.
  4. Arms straight down, look straight ahead.
  5. Wait for beep.
  6. Repeat twice more.
  7. Average 3 results.
  8. If I poop soon thereafter of any major quantity, repeat above routine. :D (crazy much?)

The things that affect my weight:

1. The wind.
  2. Forces of evil.
  3. One sip of black coffee (makes scale go up 1lb).
  4. One sip of Water (see rule 3).
  5. Clothes (makes scale go up at least 2lbs sometimes more).
  6. Moving the scale...seriously BAD mojo for the day.
  7. Eating anything.
  8. Of course any salt or contraband from previous days of eating.

I knew getting a scale would ruin my life!!!!

Joking.

I see a doctor on Friday and can compare their scale's reading to mine but it's moving downward. Also I'm adjusting clothing I just created because they are now loose.

I totally thought I was in maintenance mode, now I'm not sure. Or if something more nefarious going on. Well I did just complete that hydration challenge too...

We'll see

1543593015482_Image-1.png

17 minutes ago, GreenTealael said:

I knew getting a scale would ruin my life!!!!

Joking.

I see a doctor on Friday and can compare their scale's reading to mine but it's moving downward. Also I'm adjusting clothing I just created because they are now loose.

I totally thought I was in maintenance mode, now I'm not sure. Or if something more nefarious going on. Well I did just complete that hydration challenge too...

We'll see

1543593015482_Image-1.png

Honestly? I think your body just "paused" for bit and has now decided to move on down the line. (Hoping/praying at any rate--and you better get your tiny hiney back here to report after the doc visit!)

I bet you are gonna end up in somewhere in the 120s-130s.

18 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

Honestly? I think your body just "paused" for bit and has now decided to move on down the line. (Hoping/praying at any rate--and you better get your tiny hiney back here to report after the doc visit!)

I bet you are gonna end up in somewhere in the 120s-130s.

I better not end up that low... I have zero interest in being that weight. I will be the size of my youngest child. Right now. Im already sneaking to wear her clothes. 😓

But you are only 5'3". I don't know that you will look weirdly small--just appropriate. Although, you look pretty petite now! So maybe not!?

heightweightchartwomen.JPG.8d6cf0d21ba6492f24c3f5ea0e44a6cd.JPG

At 5'3" and 130lbs you are just a little north of center of the normal weight bracket and to be set up there for the "Regain -- er-- Wonder Years" feels like a pretty secure place from my POV. :)

Edited by FluffyChix

1 minute ago, FluffyChix said:

But you are only 5'3". I don't know that you will look weirdly small--just appropriate. Although, you look pretty petite now! So maybe not!?

IDK, but 120-130 seems too low for me. My hands, feet and head would not be aesthetically balanced.

A tiny whiny would be better than the bushy tushie I still have, but day by day I am pruning it down! I may never be be a Tealael or Chix but I can be a Fine tuned Frustr8 any that's cool in it's way!

11 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

heightweightchartwomen.JPG.8d6cf0d21ba6492f24c3f5ea0e44a6cd.JPG

At 5'3" and 130lbs you are just a little north of center of the normal weight bracket and to be set up there for the "Regain -- er-- Wonder Years" feels like a pretty secure place from my POV. :)

Y'all know I'm not regaining... Lol I have no reasons to. 😂😎😏😍

1 hour ago, GreenTealael said:

Y'all know I'm not regaining... Lol I have no reasons to. 😂😎😏😍

Oh you know I need wiggle room with my bad self!!!

Hey FYI, I made a Sophomores thread for anyone who is probably 6-9 months and beyond including all VETS- if you are interested at all! It's just a place to hang, talk about important and unimportant things. :) Come join? It's just me and the crickets--and maybe @Matt Z (aka Van Wilder aka Ed Burns) if he decides to hang with both the Vets and Sophomores. :)

Haha this looks like a sexy thread now since I added my first topic of mourning concern - wig toppers. She looks like quite the sex kitten. I'm going to practice that look all day and meet Mr. F. at the door with it. I call it "come hither."

On 12/3/2018 at 8:54 AM, FluffyChix said:

I honestly wouldn't worry about not meeting mom right now. That's BIG BIG stuff--especially if he's an only child and has been burned before with women trying to get close too fast. Or alternately, he could be Chandler Bing with intimacy issues. Maybe HE's the crazy one and the other chicks are just normal? Only you will know when/if he hits your personal limits for following the plan. You know? I think there's no harm right now in just being FBs or FWBs. But if you are just FB/FWB status, I'd probably have bigger boundaries/hoops he has to jump through and greater cool-factor going down. Cuz I def wouldn't want to be putting it on the line begging him to love me and being unprotected. I def wouldn't want to appear desperate.

And, not saying you appear that way cuz I've no idea how cool you are being nor what your boundaries are. I just think dating today is forking difficult and my hat's off to you!

(And I'm seriously asking myself right now WTF was I thinking doing AMAW/CAMAW right now? ROFLMBO! Serious second thoughts. I want to sacrifice a 5oz box of baby spinach to the gastro gods right now. LOL)

Definitely on the relationship path. I've had FWB, and while that's fine, I really want a relationship, you know cuddle, go to movies, do double dates, as well as Netflix & Chill. It seems like almost every guy I meet just wants something casual. I'm done with casual. So "not a boyfriend" is the first in a long time to be looking for something serious too, just not too fast. I'm guessing I'm not meeting mom because there isn't an easy way to make it a casual meet, vs. something serious and awkward, if that makes sense?

Oh and I'm waaayyy more cool and casual in person, all my insecurities come out to play here, so they don't come out IRL :P

3 hours ago, GreenTealael said:

IDK, but 120-130 seems too low for me. My hands, feet and head would not be aesthetically balanced.

I'm with you, I think I could get down to 130 and look ok. But past that I think I'll lose my curves! :o