Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Intermittent Fasting Daily Menu/Results/Accountability

24 minutes ago, sillykitty said:

Hello!

Been a busy couple of days! But a good couple of days!

Thanks for everyone for talking me off the ledge. I was ready to throw in the towel with all this healthy eating stuff. I'm glad I have a place to be honest about the struggles, without judgement.

So two days ago, first day back on the wagon, was a great day. Eating within a 6 hr window. Look at these macros! :P

5ba52c2aa3aff_ScreenShot09-19-18at08_02PM.PNG.ec39c411d07d0dcdf51d69a5f68a063e.PNG

And I actually cooked, real food. Well, threw stuff in the Instapot. But that's more than I have done forever, if I was just cooking for myself. Lesson learned. No matter how many recipes tell you to do so, Pasta in the Instapot is not a good idea! :lol:

IMG_0100.thumb.JPG.ffc10abaffafa5dd8d7ff4dc00317c67.JPG

And, in other good news, the Premier Protein Vietnamese coffee agreed with me just fine. Was my whey Protein intolerance maybe temporary??

Yesterday wasn't a good day for macros or Protein, or fluids, or even IF really, lol. But, I had two meals out, and made relatively good choices. So I'm counting it as a win. :P Especially considering I had a graze-y type lunch that made me HUNGRY after, and I resisted the fast food siren call afterwards. I also visited a friend of mine, a bartender and only had club soda.

These are probably totally inaccurate, but gives me an idea at least

5ba52ecf081ea_ScreenShot09-21-18at10_46AM.PNG.5d3e594eb23787403c82200dc3d5ad90.PNG

Gosh I think you are knockin' it out of the park girlie!!! You are doing things you've not done before right? Making great choices, not drinking, cooking for yourself, etc? Right? I'm so glad the scale is moving in the right direction!!! I really think this is working for us. And I love our merry little group of IFers and friends!! Yeehaw! WTG girl. Congrats!!

Just having my first meal after my Protein coffee "dessert" at 8pm last night. We actually ate at 5:30pm. Red letter day. I was starving by 8pm--hence the 2oz of PP in my coffee. :) But I was still under on protein. I'm kinda leaning that Dr. Fung doesn't think hitting a protein level every day is gonna kill ya...

Damn I love green Soup with shrimp!!! And I forgot to add my snowpeas, but I had my limit of solids anyway. I may not even be able to finish them. Ummm it's just so satisfying for about 8 minutes of work--including passive cooking time. *snort*

Ok, so can I just ask a question here? No offense to Instapot users the world over. I don't have one, have never used a pressure cooker, etc. But I don't get why you need to cook things in it that are not meant to be cooked in it? Like your Pasta, or a cake, or something that takes almost as long by regular old school method? I totes get using it to quick cook things that are low and slow moist methods. But cake? Come on...just because you "can" do something, doesn't mean you should, right? I mean aren't we ALL trying to learn that lesson right now, post surgery? :lol::lol::lol:

16 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

Gosh I think you are knockin' it out of the park girlie!!! You are doing things you've not done before right? Making great choices, not drinking, cooking for yourself, etc? Right? I'm so glad the scale is moving in the right direction!!! I really think this is working for us. And I love our merry little group of IFers and friends!! Yeehaw! WTG girl. Congrats!!

Thanks! It feels good knowing that even when I fall off the wagon I'm capable of getting back on again!

I have made good choices in the past. It is way easier for me when good choices are also what I really want, like the tuna tartar. As for the dumplings, the restaurant only serves noodles, rice, and dumplings, so again, what I really wanted, was also the best choice. Well, they also serve greens, but not a chance in h*ll I was just going to order a plate of spinach :lol:

I've done so little drinking compared to normal, lol. I was only tempted yesterday because my friend makes amazing Micheladas. I had one over the weekend and it sucked and cost $10!

Cooking, since I live alone, is pretty pointless considering how much I can eat. I didn't cook just for myself much even pre WLS, cause cooking for 1 sucks. The ironic thing is, I am a pretty good cook, and actually love cooking for other people.

23 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

Ok, so can I just ask a question here? No offense to Instapot users the world over. I don't have one, have never used a pressure cooker, etc. But I don't get why you need to cook things in it that are not meant to be cooked in it? Like your Pasta, or a cake, or something that takes almost as long by regular old school method? I totes get using it to quick cook things that are low and slow moist methods. But cake? Come on...just because you "can" do something, doesn't mean you should, right? I mean aren't we ALL trying to learn that lesson right now, post surgery? :lol::lol::lol:

I'm with you ... I don't get the cake or mac and cheese recipes either. I just use it for things like Soups, stews, etc. That's where you get the time savings.

The Pasta thing was just laziness. I was planning to add the pasta after I had pressure cooked the res of the Soup. But at the last minute I decided to throw it in as well. So, yeah, overcooked, as I suspected it would be.

15 minutes ago, sillykitty said:

The Pasta thing was just laziness. I was planning to add the Pasta after I had pressure cooked the res of the Soup. But at the last minute I decided to throw it in as well. So, yeah, overcooked, as I suspected it would be.

Well I figured that was a time-saving economy step of cooking pasta in the Soup. But yeah, no big surprise it would be overcooked. But I'm so weird, that even like Pasta Fagioli soup, I would cook the pasta separate and add it to each individual bowl--that's how much I hate overcooked pasta stuff. :) Or like chicken noodle soup? Yep. You guessed it. Me=weird.

@Matt Z... Can you please come pickup your dumping syndrome that you accidentally left with me?

How dare I, nay deign I try to indulge in yogurt today? My regular stuff, nothing new! So now yogurt is a no go?

Currently laying naked on the floor under a fan while both hot and cold, heart racing, head pounding... riding the dumping wave. I have such a strong gag reflex I can't even vomit if I wanted to...

F this

Cyber Sabbatical sign off soon

(Culprit attached)

IMG_9199.JPG

Holy moly! No wonder it's hard to do a cup of coffee!! Ok, so I might be able to handle the matcha then!! I'm gonna order some from vitacost. [emoji4]

I recently learned that the light roasts actually have more caffeine than dark roasts. So the blonde and veranda contain some of the most caffeine.

13 hours ago, GreenTealael said:

@Matt Z... Can you please come pickup your dumping syndrome that you accidentally left with me?

How dare I, nay deign I try to indulge in yogurt today? My regular stuff, nothing new! So now yogurt is a no go?

Currently laying naked on the floor under a fan while both hot and cold, heart racing, head pounding... riding the dumping wave. I have such a strong gag reflex I can't even vomit if I wanted to...

F this

Cyber Sabbatical sign off soon

(Culprit attached)

IMG_9199.JPG

Dang!! So what do you think caused it? You think it was the 1-2-3 punch caused by the combo of the dried currants/raisins plus the blueberries and the peas, maybe even the cashews (which are carbier for nuts) maybe even combined with the carbs in plain yogurt? :(

I'm so sad you experienced this and hope you will come check in to let us know you're ok now!!!! Sending positive thoughts and prayers your way girlie!!

I had a hungry hungry heffer day yesterday. Gosh I felt like a bottomless pit!! I do feel pretty successful in navigating it though. Here's how I triumphed. I'm writing this down so that I remember it. (I did have a "slight" altercation with pita chips leftover from my birthday--but the up side is I managed to limit them to 9=1serving and combined them with a complex meal rather than just shoving them down my piehole slathered in butter or cheese--something guaranteed to make me hurl in 30 minutes or less.)

1. Managed to do an 18 hour fast yesterday.

2. Made great food choice for lunch.

3. Made an almost great food choice for dinner rather than eating a chili cheese coney with fries at the ballpark like I was craving--and which would have made me hurl in 30 minutes or less.

4. Limited my allotted popcorn at the park from 4 cups for the game to about 2 to maybe 2 1/2 cups (I guestimated on the high side at 3 cups).

5. No alcohol despite wanting a beer or a glass of wine.

6. Exceeded my fluid goals for the day mostly from Water, green tea, black decaff coffee.

7. Exceeded my walking for the day with 12000+ steps + did upper body free hand weights and actually jogged for 2, 1 minute intervals.

8. Did not stop for fast food nonsense or a drink after the game like I was craving.

9. Did not eat a heavy meal cooked at home late night like I was craving.

10. Appeased myself with 2oz of PP in decaff as a "dessert/sleep aide" even though it was 11pm--that's better than a low carb Breakfast taco with bacon egg and cheese!!

Totals for the Day: 865 cals; 63g protein; 46g fat; 60g carbs; 11g fiber; 49g net carbs; 14g sugars

Despite doing all those things I did wake up to a 2.2lb up-tick on the scale this morning. I'm sure it was cuz I had 60g of total carbs and about 49g net carbs for the day. My pattern is that I go down, hit a new low, then bounce around above that number before again stepping down to a new low. So it's a jagged, spiky stairstep in a downward progression. So I won't sweat it. I also know I have bad lymphedema in my left arm as of last night, and that may account for both pounds. So I will chill out about the scale and just live another dream day today. :)

I'm only gonna do a 12/12 today and actually enjoy a brunch (homemade). I'll keep carbs lo-low and really munch the Protein and see if that gets my hunger back in submission!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend so far!!! Hugs all around!!

@FluffyChix

I absolutely count all of those as wins!

For myself, eating perfectly is not sustainable long term. But what is sustainable is making better choices than I would have in the past.

Edited by sillykitty

I had another good day yesterday with IF and macros. I ate within a 4 hr window and had all my supplements and met my Protein and fluid goals. Of course the scale doesn't agree and has bounced up, but whatever.

One win from yesterday. I ordered in Thai food, which is pretty much a mine field, since my favorite dish is a noodle dish. BUT, I stayed strong and only ordered lean protein dishes! :)

5ba6931bb9ae7_namtok.thumb.JPG.95f698f381eacfb1763bc49dfadeaab1.JPG

12 hours ago, FluffyChix said:

Dang!! So what do you think caused it? You think it was the 1-2-3 punch caused by the combo of the dried currants/raisins plus the blueberries and the peas, maybe even the cashews (which are carbier for nuts) maybe even combined with the carbs in plain yogurt? :(

I'm so sad you experienced this and hope you will come check in to let us know you're ok now!!!! Sending positive thoughts and prayers your way girlie!!

No clue but I think it was the yogurt itself. I necer havr any issues with raisins , berries or nuts (wish i did) sometimes I give foods up and come back to them a few weeks later. Sigh.

Thanks for the prayers!!!

On 9/22/2018 at 1:52 AM, MargoCL said:
On 9/20/2018 at 2:25 PM, FluffyChix said:
Holy moly! No wonder it's hard to do a cup of coffee!! Ok, so I might be able to handle the matcha then!! I'm gonna order some from vitacost.

I recently learned that the light roasts actually have more caffeine than dark roasts. So the blonde and veranda contain some of the most caffeine

It's the reason I drink blonde exclusively and I make it espresso style